Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

I'm pretty done weighing in, but thought I'd post my video I took when I was in the RED zone. Until you experience it, it will be difficult for me or anyone to convince you its a great spot, and bonus your not tied down to this spot. You can move around if you want.

This was shot Van 1, front rail, off to the right. This will give you an idea on the view. I lined up at 430pm both nights and both nights got a front rail spot.

https://youtu.be/TYFBcIsMP2c

Shannon, great video!  What type of camera did you use?

Question:  Previous Redzone attendees:

There are several posts about whether credit cards are checked, instructions given via email 4 days before the show regarding where to line up and someone named Emma’s phone numbers, as well as showing ID to get souvenir tickets.

I purchase da red zone ticket on EBAY for a ridiculous amount of money. The actual ticket does not have a name on it at all so how can they check ID’s?

I’m going alone on Monday 7/27 and I have been sick to my stomach at the thought that I might not getting in after spending all of this money!

Anyone else going to NY get redzone info yet or is it too soon?

Way too soon. I don't think the emails go out till a few days before. I'm going 7/31 and don't have anything from them yet.

i'm going to see Tim McGraw this SATURDAY and STILL haven't gotten the VIP email, so, they're not very quick on this stuff in general.

Question:  Previous Redzone attendees:

There are several posts about whether credit cards are checked, instructions given via email 4 days before the show regarding where to line up and someone named Emma’s phone numbers, as well as showing ID to get souvenir tickets.

I purchase da red zone ticket on EBAY for a ridiculous amount of money. The actual ticket does not have a name on it at all so how can they check ID’s?

I’m going alone on Monday 7/27 and I have been sick to my stomach at the thought that I might not getting in after spending all of this money!

Anyone else going to NY get redzone info yet or is it too soon?

You've got a hard ticket, right?  (NYC has hard tix for GA and RZ, unlike everywhere else).  With a hard ticket, you're in--no credit card stuff, no nothing.  And regarding the email info on RZ, you don't really need it.  Just show up at the venue reasonably early for RZ (e.g., 4:00), and walk around/ask at a regular ticket window, and they'll direct you to the RZ line/entrance/etc.  No worries.

funnily enough, I just got the Tim McGraw VIP email AND the U2 one because I forgot they're at MSG starting Sat. Anyway, here it is:

We hope you’re as excited as we are about U2’s NEW YORK concert and gearing up for their most innovative and ground-breaking show yet.

ATTENTION: Please refer to the following information regarding the collection process for your (RED) Zone ticket purchase.

Your (Red) Zone wristband(s) will be available for collection from the (Red) Zone Check In Desk located at Madison Square Garden, Chase Entrance on 31st Street as shown on the map below.  Please look out for the (RED) signage. 

Check in will be open from 5.30pm day of the show, Friday 31st July 2015. Tickets are not transferable or refundable.

In order to ensure expedited and efficient check-in for our valued Red Zone guests, please remember these packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present at the check in and show their govt issued ID in order to redeem the (RED) Zone package.

Please ensure that you have sufficient photo ID, along with your booking reference number and credit card to present upon arrival.

Doors to the show open at 6.30pm (time subject to change). Your (RED) Zone hosts will greet you upon arrival at the check in location and then show you where your designated (RED) Zone is located. 

In order to be entered for the opportunity to win a back stage tour you must arrive and be checked in by 6.10pm – please note that this is subject to change due to production and back stage needs.

Should you arrive after 8.00pm, please text me on, 818 445 4353 so I can meet you with your (RED) Zone wristbands.

Please refer to the venue’s webpage (www.thegarden.com) for parking information.

If you have any problems on show day, please send a text to Emma on +1 818 445 4353 on the day.  See you there!

I am really excited to meet you.

Best wishes

Emma

Edited by laurabw

Does anyone know if this means that Red Zone in NYC is ticketless even though GA is not?

Thank you

funnily enough, I just got the Tim McGraw VIP email AND the U2 one because I forgot they're at MSG starting Sat. Anyway, here it is:

We hope you’re as excited as we are about U2’s NEW YORK concert and gearing up for their most innovative and ground-breaking show yet.

ATTENTION: Please refer to the following information regarding the collection process for your (RED) Zone ticket purchase.

Your (Red) Zone wristband(s) will be available for collection from the (Red) Zone Check In Desk located at Madison Square Garden, Chase Entrance on 31st Street as shown on the map below.  Please look out for the (RED) signage. 

Check in will be open from 5.30pm day of the show, Friday 31st July 2015. Tickets are not transferable or refundable.

In order to ensure expedited and efficient check-in for our valued Red Zone guests, please remember these packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present at the check in and show their govt issued ID in order to redeem the (RED) Zone package.

Please ensure that you have sufficient photo ID, along with your booking reference number and credit card to present upon arrival.

Doors to the show open at 6.30pm (time subject to change). Your (RED) Zone hosts will greet you upon arrival at the check in location and then show you where your designated (RED) Zone is located. 

In order to be entered for the opportunity to win a back stage tour you must arrive and be checked in by 6.10pm – please note that this is subject to change due to production and back stage needs.

Should you arrive after 8.00pm, please text me on, 818 445 4353 so I can meet you with your (RED) Zone wristbands.

Please refer to the venue’s webpage (www.thegarden.com) for parking information.

If you have any problems on show day, please send a text to Emma on +1 818 445 4353 on the day.  See you there!

I am really excited to meet you.

Best wishes

Emma

I assume you have redzone seats which is why you got this email. I have a pit in my stomach now..... :(

But did you get a Red Zone ticket when you bought it on ebay? Maybe that will be ok? I know GA is not ticketless entry in NYC (people got their hard tickets or e-tickets in advance) but I'm not sure about Red Zone.

But did you get a Red Zone ticket when you bought it on ebay? Maybe that will be ok? I know GA is not ticketless entry in NYC (people got their hard tickets or e-tickets in advance) but I'm not sure about Red Zone.

I do have a hard ticket but the above states credit card and phot id so that could potentially be an issue... so stressed.

So, the Red Zone experience was awesome. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Whole set up, execution, access, flow were spectacular. Only topped by the incredible performance. Only way to go if you can swing it, IMHO.

Does anyone know if this means that Red Zone in NYC is ticketless even though GA is not?

Thank you

I don't have an actual ticket, and never did, i have a thing on my phone to show, an eticket. For Red Zone on 7/31 in NYC.  I got it on Ticketmaster on the day of the sale.

Edited by laurabw

I do have a hard ticket but the above states credit card and phot id so that could potentially be an issue... so stressed.

This is what I found on Ticketmaster about the Red Zone package in NY. I hope this helps.

Please note: Depending on the package you purchase, your merchandise will be shipped or available for pickup at the venue day of the show. Packager is unable to ship outside of the US, Canada or to PO Boxes-if your address is outside US, Canada or a PO Box your merchandise will be available for pick up at the show. For Party Package & (RED) Zone purchasers, tickets will be issued at the designated VIP /(RED) Zone check in location (or other designated location at the venue) prior to the show on the date of the event only. CHECK-IN LOCATION & TIME INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED OUT 3-5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. Party & (RED) Zone packages are will-call only except for in the state of NY. All sales are final. You must bring a valid PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER/ATTENDEE NAME on this order. Those who cannot present a photo ID matching the PURCHASER name on the order will be turned away. Merchandise is not needed for entry to the show. Please note: This offer is not valid if tickets are purchased through TM+. U2 Packages CANNOT BE RESOLD. Please reference your confirmation email after your purchase tickets for the most up to date information about the package you purchased.

I'd bet money that this info is incorrect for NYC--rather, it's the generic info for (usually CCE) RZ.  Notice, for example, that it says that the tix cannot be resold--which is clearly wrong for NYC.  Also notice the above talks about "tickets being issued", which is clearly wrong for NYC (people have hard tix already).  Simply put, there is no "redeeming the RZ package" procedure for NYC, because people already have their tix.  Rather, one will present one's "hard" tix and get the wristbands, etc.  The whole point of the relevant NYC law is to allow reselling of any and all tix.

That said, I'm sure it would ease everyone's mind if somebody texts Emma and asks about this.  It is strange that she talks as if the RZ tix are CCE, which they're clearly not--and any inquiry to her should specifically and prominently refer to NYC's different laws, the fact that hard RZ tix have already been distributed, NYC allows reselling, etc.--because her email makes it sound like RZ is CCE, which it's not in NYC.

Needless to say, it's really, really annoying that the info/communication on this appears to be so bad, as it has been regarding various aspects of the tour, procedures, etc.

Edited by mike7man

I'd bet money that this info is incorrect for NYC--rather, it's the generic info for (usually CCE) RZ.  Notice, for example, that it says that the tix cannot be resold--which is clearly wrong for NYC.

I hope you are right Mike!  I just cannot imagine them checking every ticket holders photo id and credit card in NY! Im hoping people post how the process goes tomorrow night.... Ive been losing sleep over this!

I hope someone posts about this situation too after the first show.  We purchased resale Red Zone tickets through Ticketmaster and want to know how these tickets are handled since we aren't the original ticket owner.  We have e-tickets. 

Carsonwayne--I'm sure you're fine in any case, since you got them through TM, so you have the TM e-tickets issued directly to you.  The only real question is for folks who bought RZ tix from other people but did not go through TM.

And I too very much hope that RZ folks post about their experience tomorrow night.  If, as I suspect, one simply walks up and gives (or shows) one's hard tix and gets wristbands (i.e., no ID or CC check), then we can all rest easy.  It'd also be nice if somebody texted Emma about this (pointing out the relevant NYC differences), although she herself may not be cognizant of these differences, given her generic (i.e., CCE-like) email.  Although--whoops--I see that in Emma's email she says she'll only respond to texts on the day of the show.  So--could somebody w/RZ tix to tomorrow's show text her tomorrow about this??

Edited by mike7man

I have regular tickets for Sunday's show 7/19 and I am thinking of going early to find out where the red zone line is and see first hand how it is handled so I am prepared for Monday 7/27 when I have red zone tickets. Im certainly going to be asking questions and observing to make sure I have a smooth entry on the 27th... Ill keep all informed if no one else posts by then!

I have regular tickets for Sunday's show 7/19 and I am thinking of going early to find out where the red zone line is and see first hand how it is handled so I am prepared for Monday 7/27 when I have red zone tickets. Im certainly going to be asking questions and observing to make sure I have a smooth entry on the 27th... Ill keep all informed if no one else posts by then!

Fantastic!  Thanks, Gina.  Hopefully, we'll hear from RZ people for tomorrow (7/18) as well.

I actually just texted Emma and was shocked when she responded!  I explained our situation with Resale Red Zone tickets and she asked which show I was attending and then she said I needed to contact Ticketmaster.  We attended the Denver show in the Red Zone and it was amazing.  It makes me feel sick that we might not have the same entrance at the other Red Zone ppl and as a result, not the same experience. 

Ginapier- Please let us know what you find out at the show on Sunday!!  We really appreciate it!!!

I sent Emma a text and she said that wristbands would only be distributed to the original purchaser (but  you could try calling TM customer service to give an alternate pickup name)  If someone shows up and they're not on the list, they could still get in to regular GA, but no Red Zone wristband

beershack-  Sounds like we were texting Emma at the same time!  Do you know if we are able to go through the Red Zone entrance with the rest of the Red Zone ticket holders?  If not, we would be behind all the Red Zone and GA ticket holders and not have a great place to stand.  All we want is confirmation to enter at the same time as the other Red Zone ticket holders and that will make us happy.  Wish Emma would let us know that!! 

I actually just texted Emma and was shocked when she responded!  I explained our situation with Resale Red Zone tickets and she asked which show I was attending and then she said I needed to contact Ticketmaster.  We attended the Denver show in the Red Zone and it was amazing.  It makes me feel sick that we might not have the same entrance at the other Red Zone ppl and as a result, not the same experience. 

Ginapier- Please let us know what you find out at the show on Sunday!!  We really appreciate it!!!

I will even try to track down "Emma" and talk to her on Sunday if I can....Im certain many people are in the same boat as us and there would be chaos if they refused entry... Im sorry but entry to regular GA is not sufficient if we "purchased" red zone...  

I texted the guy I bout the ticket from on Ebay and asked him to call Ticket Master and provide an alternate pick up name but.... that is expecting a lot... I think we just have to wait and see ... Il keep you all posted :)

beershack-  Sounds like we were texting Emma at the same time!  Do you know if we are able to go through the Red Zone entrance with the rest of the Red Zone ticket holders?  If not, we would be behind all the Red Zone and GA ticket holders and not have a great place to stand.  All we want is confirmation to enter at the same time as the other Red Zone ticket holders and that will make us happy.  Wish Emma would let us know that!! 

Without the RedZone wristband you will have to wait in the regular GA line

I sent Emma a text and she said that wristbands would only be distributed to the original purchaser (but  you could try calling TM customer service to give an alternate pickup name)  If someone shows up and they're not on the list, they could still get in to regular GA, but no Red Zone wristband

What Emma appears to be telling you appears to directly contravene NYC law, which explicitly allows reselling of any and all tix.  So, for her to say that only original purchasers will be given RZ wristbands amounts to saying that RZ tix can't be resold in NYC, which makes no sense.  After all, right there on the TM site TM itself has a reselling service.  If that (TM reselling) were OK (but not buying tix through ebay or from a friend or whatever) that wouldn't make any sense either, because NYC law doesn't give any special status to TM as a reseller.  There's something odd going on here, which really needs to be sorted out!  Along the same lines, if RZ wristbands (which are, essentially, a part of the ticket) could be limited to the original purchaser, then that amounts to a form of CCE--which is banned in New York.  All this talk of lists and IDs and original purchasers is how CCE works--and should simply be irrelevant in NYC.

Edited by mike7man

With all of the ticket re-sellers out there selling these tickets I find it hard to believe that we are the only ones stressing about this! Additionally, with NY being the last US stop, I also find it odd that no one can confirm that they too purchased from a re-seller and what their experience was…??  I emailed the Ticketmaster customer service yet doubt they will respond.  I texted the guy I bought the ticket from on Ebay, no response… just gonna have to wait and see if anyone is kind enough to post on here and let us know…

Sign in to follow this