When the online shop finally posted tour merchandise last night, I saw some great things that I would have liked to have purchased. I did a cursory glance, and then went back to following the action of what was going on in the GA queue, aiming to go back later and purchase. To my dismay, all the things I had been planning on purchasing were gone from the store!

Do any of the Mods know if these things will be returning to the online shop, or did they genuinely sell out?

I love getting my t-shirts at the show, but I'm thinking mainly about things like the pint glasses--stuff that wouldn't be the easiest to purchase and carry around at a concert (were they even available at the merch table?) I had also really wanted the leather keychain with the tattoo motif. In general though, so much stuff went up and then was gone in almost an hour!

Also, to fans who were at the show last night, or will be going to ones soon:

1. How much is the track jacket compared to the hoodie?

2. Were there 2 flask designs? I thought I saw a pic of two fans, one with a black and one with a silver. I'd like to wait and get the black one if it exists rather than ordering the silver one from the website.

Cheers! Can't wait until Boston!!!!

Yeah, the "disappearing stuff" thing is very odd.  Mods, can you enlighten us??

so if British Pound equals 1.57 US Dollar then how much are the shirts?  $45 US / 63 pounds?

On the website the shirts are $40 US--for pounds, check the europe part of the website shop.

so if British Pound equals 1.57 US Dollar then how much are the shirts?  $45 US / 63 pounds?

No.Around £25 or about £10 more than they should be.

I saw pictures of stands of merch setup outside. So could you buy your stuff, take it back to the car, then hop in line for GA? That's what I'm hoping/planning to do come LA.

Edited by JasonR02

I just hope they have some different designs at other stops. I think the selection is rather underwhelming.  And... no 3 symbol shirts?!?!?!

The black tshirt I ilke has an I&E tour logo on the back, so i'll be getting that.Wish they would put up the tour programme up on the store for sale.

Yeah, I always liked that U2 had an abundance of merch options, especially ones where it wasn't all black or white shirts, all of which with band photos. U2 was always good about logos, symbols and iconography in its merch, which were always the ones I bought.

Absolutely.  At least t-shirt-wise, this merch for this tour is (so far) clearly the worst ever, by far.  Uninspired, to be charitable.

Also, while presumably this will be sorted out, it's at least mildly annoying that some of the merch options that were briefly posted (mainly the glasses and one keychain) have mysteriously disappeared.  Hopefully they'll be back.

Does anyone know if there are shirts / posters (or other merchandise) unique to the city or venue?

There weren't in Vancouver (apparently), which doesn't bode well for the rest of the tour (merch-wise).  Yet another bummer aspect of the currently available merch.

Can we use our Membership discount code for merch in the online store?

Yes.  I went to the "my account" part of u2.com, and (I forget exactly) clicked on the discount or something--then it showed up in items in the cart (in the online store).

Re-arrange the following words: OFF RIP.

FOF PIR 

Yeah, different shirts- may be hope for a three symbols one yet.

Wow--glad to see some additional stuff.  Maybe there's hope yet.  Although...actually...when I look more closely, it's really just one more shirt than before.  As it happens, I like it better than the other ones, which I'm happy for.  But still, overall very meager pickings indeed.

Edited by mike7man

I loved the unique/venue specific shirts from the 360 tour. I wish they had kept that up. 

Yep--venue-specific shirts are a great momento.  Don't know why they're not offered now.

I loved the unique/venue specific shirts from the 360 tour. I wish they had kept that up.

Those shirts were great! A really good, I could say "intimate", souvenir.

I don't remember the prices of tshirts in 360 tour, but I think that $45 for one this tour is really expensive. Not worth it.

I rather order them online using my U2.com member discount.

I like the new ones, so I'm good... how are shirts a rip off? If you don't like them you don't buy them? Seems like a pretty easy to avoid rip off...

I really like the hoody, the zip up one in particular!!!

Sign in to follow this