Sign in to follow this  
EmilieB

view from seats

Hi! I saw how the screens were on each side of the catwalk...but my seats are at the very end of the arena. I'm afraid i won't see anything since i would be beside the two screens? 

:(

Yeah, apparently if you're directly behind either stage, your view of the screens is limited.  Unless...there are some "supplemental" screens on each end (?).

Yeah, apparently if you're directly behind either stage, your view of the screens is limited.  Unless...there are some "supplemental" screens on each end (?).

I've tried to see if there was any on some youtube videos but I can't see...I hope I won't be disappointed! 

I have seen a couple of photo's that show a screen behind the main the main stage, don't know how much of the main screen action it shows though

If you are at either end of arena your view of big screens is limited. I was behind the stage tonight and there was a small supplemental screen way up high but it mostly played video feed from the cameramen focusing on the band and not much from big display screen. Which was a good thing because band had back turned to us most of the time unless at far end of stage. I don't recommend sections behind stage if you want to see anything other than the back of their heads LOL. And before anyone says "duh why did you buy them", I didn't. I purchased tickets for other end of arena but the stage orientation got flipped. There were SEVERAL VERY UNHAPPY U2.com members stuck in those seats. Sound was great though!

EmilieB,

Try to trade your seats if you can (or sell and buy new ones).  Seriously.  The folks with no sight lines to the big screen are truly in a "limited view" situation.  The sounds is great everywhere, but you'll miss the big screen visuals outside of seeing the band on stage.  This is a big deal as I saw them from GA the first night and from excellent (though expensive -- tickets were tight and the second night had no TM late release of tickets... even scalpers were getting $400 for GA tix at 7:30pm!) seats the second night.  And I have to admit I only "got" 80% of the show from GA on the first night vs. getting 100% of the show the second night from seats WITH SIGHT LINES.  On top of all of this, the big screen tells a lot of the show -- think of this as music theater of sorts -- so it plays a larger role in the show than any previous U2 Tour.

For the first time this millenium, I can safely say the seats just may be the best way to experience this concert.(this from a person who has nothing but GAs for the rest of this leg of the tour)!  If you don't mind spoilers, go read Matt McGee's (atU2 blog on "11 things I learned at U2's first show" and he will make similar observations -- though, spoiler alert, he includes show details.

One last word.  In dealing with / listening to / watching scalpers for VAN2, I learned the markup on $300 seats is very small vs. less expensive seats.  For example, they would sell tix which costs $308 with fees for $350 to as low as $300.  But I saw them sell GAs for night 2 in the space of 40 minutes starting at $250 and ending at $400 -- and they got these prices.  Consistent with this observation, they'd sell $65 tix for $150+.  So if you are in need, you pay the least mark-up to the scalpers if you buy the $275 ($308 with fees) seats.  I got lucky and bought literally one of the last single seats which popped up on the TM website, which was about 5 hours before the show started.

In any event, a remarkable show from an amazing band on tour supporting a wonderful new album! 

Enjoy the experience, Discman

EmilieB,

Try to trade your seats if you can (or sell and buy new ones).  Seriously.  The folks with no sight lines to the big screen are truly in a "limited view" situation.  The sounds is great everywhere, but you'll miss the big screen visuals outside of seeing the band on stage.  This is a big deal as I saw them from GA the first night and from excellent (though expensive -- tickets were tight and the second night had no TM late release of tickets... even scalpers were getting $400 for GA tix at 7:30pm!) seats the second night.  And I have to admit I only "got" 80% of the show from GA on the first night vs. getting 100% of the show the second night from seats WITH SIGHT LINES.  On top of all of this, the big screen tells a lot of the show -- think of this as music theater of sorts -- so it plays a larger role in the show than any previous U2 Tour.

For the first time this millenium, I can safely say the seats just may be the best way to experience this concert.(this from a person who has nothing but GAs for the rest of this leg of the tour)!  If you don't mind spoilers, go read Matt McGee's (atU2 blog on "11 things I learned at U2's first show" and he will make similar observations -- though, spoiler alert, he includes show details.

One last word.  In dealing with / listening to / watching scalpers for VAN2, I learned the markup on $300 seats is very small vs. less expensive seats.  For example, they would sell tix which costs $308 with fees for $350 to as low as $300.  But I saw them sell GAs for night 2 in the space of 40 minutes starting at $250 and ending at $400 -- and they got these prices.  Consistent with this observation, they'd sell $65 tix for $150+.  So if you are in need, you pay the least mark-up to the scalpers if you buy the $275 ($308 with fees) seats.  I got lucky and bought literally one of the last single seats which popped up on the TM website, which was about 5 hours before the show started.

In any event, a remarkable show from an amazing band on tour supporting a wonderful new album! 

Enjoy the experience, Discman

Will it work if I buy them from websites like STUBHUB? I don't want to have any problem with the credit card thing...

EmilieB,

Having seen both shows in San Jose from GA tix, I do want to make a correction to my initial response to you.  In San Jose, there WAS a (my estimate) 10'x20' screen perpendicular to the BIg Screen on both sides to offer what I presume to be is a view of what everybody else is seeing on the BIg Screen.  I do not recall this to be the case in Vancouver (although I'm willing to be proven wrong on this count); for VAN1, while waiting in prime GA space for the band to come onstage, I distinctly recall seeing only a very small screen on the plane perpendicular to the BIg Screen (which I understood later to carry the video feeds from the camera persons in the structure on the ceiling).  If these 10'x20' screens I saw in SJ do show what is featured on the Big Screen, then the limited visibility from the end seats is NOT as horrible as I indicated above.  It certainly addresses a pressing issue for fans in those seats with limited views..

Regarding StubHub, they seem reputable because they guarantee their tix,  I even bought one U2 ticket from StubHub, for one of the NYC shows.

Hope this helps, Discman

Sign in to follow this