I was wondering what was the VIP Gift they gave. Also, how early did you get into the area for the VIP Party and how did the backstage visitors get picked. Was there a post event party too?

I would love to hear if it was worth it. I got the California Sunset Package for LA Forum.

Thanks!

post-356373-0-69488400-1431878068_thumb.jpg

vip book...buffet and drinks before show...no after party

attachicon.gifimage.jpgvip book...buffet and drinks before show...no after party

That is really cool. Is it yours? I love the copies of the old backstage passes!

Edited by cerulean

Thank you for sharing airwalk74! Did you get a chance to go backstage too?

no .. no opportunity for backstage visit :(

There was one drawn from a raffle for VIP ticket holders .. A few other prizes too but I won nothing :(

Nice book! And I was wondering if people get it only by buying VIP Party or when they buy the VIP Merch (Hot Seat) too.

Everybody at the VIP Party got the book. The book is numbered out of 30K. It's really nice. Overall the VIP package is hard to say it was worth it. I loved my seats and you should go into buying the VIP package thinking the seats are the only value. The pre-party was so-so. The buffet was 5 food trucks and you got 5 coupons for food. The food was single bite size. The beer and wine was fine, except the bartenders at the forum gave an awful pour. They were not getting tips so you get a half cup a full of suds. I think if they were allowed to get tipped out that night they would have cared how they poured the beer. The advertised VIP merchandise booth was access to the regular merchandise booth before the regular crowd. Many of the sizes sold out already. There were about 150 VIPs and only two got to go on the backstage tour.   

The VIP gift was the book you got on the way into the concert when leaving the party. The book is very nice and well done.

That was my experience at the Forum in LA.

How did the venue and staff know you were part of the VIP package? I was emailed an itinerary with a "doors open to the public at 6pm" and "we'll mail your gift out". No other information was included. I'm with you really bought the package for the seats,because after reading this I'm a little disappointed after spending the money.

Well I was considering a VIP package on the European leg but I think my money is best spent obtaining the best seats I can. 

Mssassypants,
they had a registration table for the VIPs. You walked up showed them the card you paid for the tickets with and you ID. They them gave you your badge to enter the Vip party, your tickets and food coupons. When you left the party they marked your badge and handed your book.
i'm of the fence if I would do it again. I guess I would just because of the seats but everything else wasn't much of a value. They did raffle of a few gift at the party. 360 tour key chains (no one cared) and guitar strings they said that were used by the Edge. They did raffle off the key chains which put you out of the running of the back stage tour. Some people were not happy about that.
The parking was really nice, we got in and out of the venue in a snap. It was a nice perk.
Overall, it's about U2 and seeing the band (which were great as always). All the other stuff is just icing on a cake.

Edited by TanRick

Interesting enough someone is selling their VIP book on ebay!

(link removed -no ebay links please, mods)

If you want a better look at it. I didn't realize that it contain a piece of stage decking on it.

What's included with the VIP merchandise seats (not the VIP party package)? Anyone know?

Ingrida--I think the info you want is earlier in this thread (?).

My tickets are VIP party at the TD Garden, but I can only pick them up before the show. How can I determine if parking is included?

anrpatel....I also have vip for boston garden show.  I have heard nothing at all yet.  I was at the Garden a few weeks ago and spoke to customer service.  They could tell me nothing.  If you find anything out feel free to pass it along. 

Sign in to follow this