Sign in to follow this  
dugadams

GA line procedure

What is the procedure?  I have read that San Jose or Vancouver was get a wrist band at 9 then come back at 5???? 

It changes from venue to venue..,

best would be to check the US Airways Center website for if the info has been already posted... also, consider to call them and ask about the procedure...

Hi everyone. I've been emailing with the arena about their GA policy, and today they sent me their plan. The biggest thing: they will offer wristbands so that we don't have to wait in line all day (unless we want). Here's the email I got from them today:

"Guests who have general admission tickets to the U2 concert and want to line up in advance will be directed to line up on the Northwest corner of 1st Street & Madison. However, that is not our property and is a public right of way so individuals who are lined up cannot block the sidewalk. At 9am on the day of the show, we will distribute numbered wristbands to guests who are already in line. Those guests will not need to wait in line all day but we encourage them to return to the Pavilion, located on 1st Street & Jefferson Street, at 4pm so we can get individuals back into the correct order. Guests with a numbered wristband who arrive after 5pm will not be guaranteed their place in line. Once doors open, guests will have their credit card scanned, a ticket stub printed and they will use that ticket stub to get the wristband for the floor. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we hope you enjoy the concert!"

Hi everyone. I've been emailing with the arena about their GA policy, and today they sent me their plan. The biggest thing: they will offer wristbands so that we don't have to wait in line all day (unless we want). Here's the email I got from them today:

"Guests who have general admission tickets to the U2 concert and want to line up in advance will be directed to line up on the Northwest corner of 1st Street & Madison. However, that is not our property and is a public right of way so individuals who are lined up cannot block the sidewalk. At 9am on the day of the show, we will distribute numbered wristbands to guests who are already in line. Those guests will not need to wait in line all day but we encourage them to return to the Pavilion, located on 1st Street & Jefferson Street, at 4pm so we can get individuals back into the correct order. Guests with a numbered wristband who arrive after 5pm will not be guaranteed their place in line. Once doors open, guests will have their credit card scanned, a ticket stub printed and they will use that ticket stub to get the wristband for the floor. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we hope you enjoy the concert!"

hi, good info - could you send the full policy email via PM so we can share (taking out personal info) - cheers

This sounds great... if you are in town before 9am and wish to get a wrist band.  If you arrive at 1:00pm, will somebody still be handing out wristbands, or will there be a lineup of people without wristbands waiting to get in (after those with the 9am wristbands are admitted?)  If wristbands aren't handed out throughout the day, what time would the wtistband distribution cease? 

I have the same questions, edfelt. I land at 9:30 a.m. and could come straight to the GA line, wondering though if I don't get there until 10:30 a.m. if someone will still be handing out wristbands?

For what it's worth, San Jose arena staff handed out wristbands at the front of the line until it was near time to let us in.  Other venues ought to do the same because it's cheaper to pay 1 person to put wristbands on people than to pay several staffers to monitor the line all day.  San Jose didn't require proof of being GA.

received this:

GA Ticket Buyers: Guests who have purchased General Admission floor tickets may pick-up a numbered wristband beginning at 9:00 am each show day on 1st Street & Madison. Must provide a receipt or present the credit card used to purchase tickets in order to receive the wristband.
    Any ticket to a concert, event or basketball game at US Airways Center scores you a FREE Rail Ride roundtrip to and from downtown on the day of the event!

and wristbands will be handed out 'til about 5:00, afterwhich people will just get in line behind the wristbanded fans..

My understanding is that wristbands will be handed out in random, non-sequential order, so someone arriving at 9:00 might have a higher number than someone arriving at 9:30.... 

Edited by edfelt

Hi friends! I was at both the San Jose shows and have to say, there is absolutely no need to line up for GA unless you have 1 specific (front corner) spot you want. I showed up both nights at 6:45 and got one person behind the rail in the mid stage on day one and got against the red zone rail at the front stage on night two. Both were the spots I wanted and loved. Not only that but I moved around all night. The stages are so big relative to the floor and the number of GA people is also reasonable in the given space. And don't get me wrong, I lined up between 6-8 am on all the shows I saw in the last tour so that I could get in the ring. For that it was needed - for this it's kind of pointless to line up. Just wanted to share :) Enjoy the shows! Sadly, I can't do the PHX ones, though I would have loved to!

Sign in to follow this