Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

San Jose Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • When Love Comes To Town
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

New city, New show, new experiences...

Let everybody know how it was for you... Did you meet new friends? or meet again with old friends who share the same passion about the band?

Share your impressions, your photos and your videos...

thanks!!!

Heard some of the show via stream and saw Youtube images.  I like Miracle much better live.  Nice bass and drums by Adam and Larry.  

Edited by angelofharlem4u2

Not U2, but a follow-up to a post in the show thread. There is a Light...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/19/peter-hook-the-light-joy-division-review

Great read this, thanks! Being a huge JD fan as well I would've loved to have been at that gig yesterday.... RIP Ian Curtis

Would love Bono to slip in a bit of "Love Will Tear us Apart" to a song again, a fitting tribute and one he has done before....

Not U2, but a follow-up to a post in the show thread. There is a Light...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/19/peter-hook-the-light-joy-division-review

Great read this, thanks! Being a huge JD fan as well I would've loved to have been at that gig yesterday.... RIP Ian Curtis

Would love Bono to slip in a bit of "Love Will Tear us Apart" to a song again, a fitting tribute and one he has done before....

I missed the first time that the LWTUA link is to a video from the show with the light coming through the stained glass window - brilliant!

I'll have to move that to the listening thread.

Edited by Koke-dera

Just got back home.

Last night's show was incredible. Although the 7:30 start time on the tickets you can pretty much ignore. They started about 8:20.

The sound was unbelievable. Absolutely crisp and clean. Bono sounded great all night.

My favorites were Cedarwood Road (those effects!!!), Beautiful Day, and City of Blinding Lights.

Out of Control was a nice little treat from the Way-Back machine. Maybe someday before I ship off, they'll grant me my wish and actually play a few songs from October. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

All the new stuff sounded great, and fit right in with the rest of the catalogue. This show ended with a Joshua Tree-heavy encore, and I am just a tiny bit sad I didn't get to see Bad (my favorite U2 song). But that's really nothing to grouse over.

I just can't say enough. You always get your money's worth with U2, and last night was no exception. We had a wonderful time, and I hope you all do too. Enjoy the rest of the tour!

I need to ask the crew what they were doing? Did they not know that the people behind the stage couldn't see or no one told them the screen was malfunctioning?

The screen that they set behind the stage didn't work half the time and when Bono was at the end of the stage we couldn't see him at all.

I really like the band, and wish I could have seen more of the show. I bought these tickets not knowing we would be behind the stage, so much for

trying to give a perfect present to my wife for Christmas. she loves you guys very much. I realize its my fault that I bought the seats I did, but lets fire the

tech in charge of the screen and I`ll come to work for you!!!!! Great concert, good luck on the rest of the tour. Sincerely J.Ross if you do read this!!

Ever think of a rotating stage? Just have to go slow so you don't fall off!! LOL

not mine in any way, form or shape... but these paragraphs grabbed my attention...

Bono set the tone in the first break, riffing on the tour's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE theme and asking the crowd: "Can you still experience innocence after all of these years?"

That's not always an easy question with U2. At this point, multiple generations can claim U2 origin stories; the musical bookmarks from their past that brought them out on a Monday night to sing along in near-religious fervor to the group's biggest hits.

At the same time, the band had the audience questioning: Where is our innocence after Ferguson and during the AIDS crisis? What have we learned from the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the conflict in Ireland? Can we become global citizens? What is magic and what is a trick?

Perhaps, that's what U2 does best. In the wake of thousands of glowing cell phones and selfie attempts, it's a band that can still insert a little humanity, charity and mystery into the rock 'n' roll juggernaut. On Monday, it was nostalgic and refreshing—and it felt a little innocent—all at once.

Review: U2 Bring Nostalgia and 'Innocence' to SAP Center
by Matt Crawford

http://activate.metroactive.com/2015/05/review-u2-sap-center-san-jose-innocence/

Hey Guys, my wife and I live in Salem, Oregon and had GA tix for tonight's show in San Jose. We didn't have the money to get to San Jose so we missed it! Can anyone tell me if the rumors are strong for a stadium leg of the tour? If so we will go to Seattle. Thanks everyone.

Great Show! Best since Vancouver #2.

But I am sad to see The Troubles has not come back since Opening Night.  SOI songs are great live, I hope they stay with them.

Was hoping for The Troubles, loved when they played Miracle Drug Vancouver Nite #2 and was hoping to hear it again. Sad California wasn't the full song and only a snippet. Surprised at Moment Of Surrender during BAD, I think it did fit well there. I'm happy Songs Of Innocence is well repesented, hoping they will perform Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands.

The live audio streams and periscope is THE BEST thing ever. Thank you to the team for posting the links and to the gracious, awesome U2 fans who are filming during the show. Even if it's only for a song or two, it's well appreciated!

Edited by U2LAWoman

Sad to see The Troubles wasn't played !!! It's one of the most powerful moments of the show !!!

...What's up with the "Global Citizen" idea...Doesn't sound right to me, I think you know why...

So I've seen lots of complaints about the setlists not being mixed enough...well, I am devastated I only have 2 shows and won't see so many of what has been played, when have U2 EVER changed so many songs from night to night, let alone city to city, the chances of me seeing When Love Comes To Town and Bad are astronomical and I would give my right arm...anyone need an arm??

Or better yet, if you just can't bare to see a band that doesn't change every single song every night, don't worry, I'll be more than happy to take your tickets and accommodation arrangements off your hands, so you can sit on the same settee watching the same TV with the same people that you have done every other night until this tour started.

Okay rant over, I know, ranting isn't usually my style, but the sheer number of people you just can't please but will go to the shows to be grumpy about them in person is shocking.

Edited by Rhi_K

Oooh, RHI !!! Cheer Up !!! It's Alriiight, It's Aaaaalriiiight !!!!

Its alright! U2 fans move in mysterious ways!

But you get it right, I'm complaining, but you're in an even worse position than me, so really I should shut up about other peoples problems and just be happy I'm going at all shouldn't I :P

I'm going to see if I can find a vid of The Electric Co to cheer me up, man I love that, thankfully that's one I did already see live so don't have to worry about

Its alright! U2 fans move in mysterious ways!

Hihihihi !!!

But you get it right, I'm complaining, but you're in an even worse position than me, so really I should shut up about other peoples problems and just be happy I'm going at all shouldn't I :P

Oh that is so cute !!! :D

I really Loved CDWR, RBW, UTtEotW and  THE TROUBLES !!!

I know right! I just watched the Out Of Control vid for the 18th, Adam was having a great time, even gave the audience a twirl on his introduction :D 

Terrific shows just bummed that they didn't play CALIFORNIA in California!  Love that song - really hope it isn't dropped from the tour

I wouldn't think it's dropped unless they skip it in L.A. since it's about southern California.  When Love Comes to Town has only been on 1 setlist.  Monday's playing was accidental, so that might be done.  The Troubles was on last night's setlist before Bono called an audible to replace it with Bad and move the slot to be prior to With or Without You.  So, rumors of its demise were too quick.

Sign in to follow this