Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

San Jose Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • When Love Comes To Town
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

Found Electric Co on youtube..........WOW!  B)

Edited by spongebob

They played The Electric Co. 2 tours ago, but it was cool to have an IE tour debut last night.  The sign that they had their first truly great show of the tour is that they'll repeat that night's setlist for awhile.

A stage security guy said that the 2016 legs are already set.  He also said that Bono was riding a bike backstage, popping wheelies or whatever the big story was.  Some people didn't catch the joke, so I asked if a bodyguard was riding on the handlebars.  He switfly confirmed.

Even though Bono may not have worked "Love Will Tear Us Apart Again" into "With or Without You" anymore, is Bono still doing his impersonation of Ian Curtis's frenetic arm-dancing style early in the show?  (I can't recall which song).  He did it both nights in Vancouver.

-Brad

I was going to post in the live thread Max and after I saw the set list but it was closed so I guess I'll just post it here.

I didn't see the song they play before the band take the stage on set list. would you happen to know what it is was?

I went to both shows; on the floor right at stage for both; Edge side.  Not an expert from most points of view, only shows 34 & 35 for me in 25+ years...

After night one, I felt a bit low, not exactly disappointed, but just not nearly what I'm used to feeling the day after a show.  Night two - much better.  They felt more into it.  Not as many technical glitches (which I think is to be expected - so early in the tour).  Electric Co & Bad - amazing.  Bad and surrendering & letting go - new meaning for me, given family cancer issues and loss of past year.  The kid (Jason or Nathan... didn't quite get his name, and haven't read any of this thread, sorry) for COBL, was the most amazing and uplifting highlight of both nights for me.  He was next to me in line... so happy he gave us all such a great show.  I left feeling much better than night one.  Just remembered... Sweetest Thing... so cool.

Maybe it's just me, but having SBS, Pride, BTBS and RBW - do they need all that?  drop Bullet.  SBS is a real downer with the pics and names and acoustic...they need to bring it back up.  We get it, we do... and I know a new generation is being educated, but RBW is a current alert/headline... and Edge didn't get his BTBS solo on night one... simplify.  

I really feel like they could drop Mysterious Ways - they didn't get the sound right either night and it's a bit tired. Add Magnificence, Elevation, anything from the new release, Stay (far away so close) a favorite for the band (and me), TTYWires ... anything ...  and the bit with the girl filming them? ... the broadcast (that part needs fixing in itself)... it should be on the left of the screen, too.  No one at main stage or seats behind stage could see the images from night one.  Night two - nothing.  Not sure they need this at all.

I think they are still finding their feet, and the next few shows are just going to confirm that;  I love the experience and meet the best, nicest, coolest people  - and to me, this is so much a part of the whole U2 experience.  Not complaining, really, just commenting.  

I heard his name as Jacob.  A mohawk on a boy fit the 70's innocence theme to a tee.  I'd love to have Love and Peace or Magnificent, but they don't really fit the show.

The meerkat streaming bit is supposed to go on the big screen.  The frame rate for the first night was really low, then the stream shut off.  The 2nd night didn't even get started on the screen, just blackness.  I hope it went better online.  Maybe they'll hardwire a phone.

Excellent show 2nd night in San Jose.  THANK YOU to the U2 FAN CLUB for reserving great center section seats to see the big screen and both stages!!!

Bono meeting and arranging for Jacob (boy with the mohawk) to be on stage for City of Blinding Lights, 2:18 mark.

Hey Guys, my wife and I live in Salem, Oregon and had GA tix for tonight's show in San Jose. We didn't have the money to get to San Jose so we missed it! Can anyone tell me if the rumors are strong for a stadium leg of the tour? If so we will go to Seattle. Thanks everyone.

A stadium leg in 2016 is almost certain.  Edge mentioned it a while back, and they always do several legs on each tour (this first batch, both US and Europe, being the two halves of the first leg).  Good luck!!

OH WHOAH OH WHAOAH .......Just had to do that.

The past couple of weeks have been really good to listen into, blip into, whatever into.....this band are feckin well alive and performing absolutely brilliantly.

Love this clip. Doing 'Bad' and watching Bono gesture to Adam and Edge that 'we're going into WOWY here, change the guitars' - at least that is my take - absolutely brilliant as the band find themselves, nevermind their audience, on this tour.

Setlist from the outside looking across the Atlantic, wonderful, great mix - and what a Phoenix night that was with the fan on the stage playing IGC. This is gearing up!

So THIS actually happened!!!

Now you're not gonna wash that arm too soon, aren't you???

What is that lyric? ...' i did not notice the passers by, and they did not notice me' (during Bad just before 'let it go' into  WOWY)....what track?...Doing my head in. :(

Edited by yardie

LEMON, thank feck I answered myself! :) Do you ever get a moment like that? Add 'Lemon' snippet to the setlist for this show! Bono sings a line from the song during 'Bad' just before they go into 'With Or Without You'  :D

Edited by yardie

LEMON, thank feck I answered myself! :) Do you ever get a moment like that? Add 'Lemon' snippet to the setlist for this show! Bono sings a line from the song during 'Bad' just before they go into 'With Or Without You'  :D

Is it not Moment of surrender?  :)​ 

Is it not Moment of surrender?  :)​ 

God, you're right y'know, bloomin' wine! :D

Two great nights, two great shows!  Spent nearly a whole paycheck but worth every penny.  

post-312896-0-80319100-1434088027_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this