Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Phoenix Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What was your favourite song(s) of each night? Choose up to 3 from each...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. #U2ieTour Phoenix Show 1 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Verttigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • In God's Country
    • Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. #U2ieTour Phoenix Show 2 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • When Love Comes To Town
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • Miracle Drug
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

Where you there? Following along in the live threads or elsewhere online, or been catching up with all the shows news?

Post up your reviews, images, videos for all to enjoy & share

Don;t worry if you already posted them elsewhere (in the Zoo or beyond) - just add here too, or links to your offline blogs & sites

Which was your favourite song(s) of each night (don't forget to add your votes to the topic poll..)

What was the defining special moment?

In the other show thread that's now locked bigwave said "some difference in redzone / ga arrangements tonight, a few not happy with that" Anyone any idea what the differences were?

They let RZ in before GA so RZ was able to grab rail spots (RZ does not need to stay in RZ).

If anyone has video or pics during Beautiful Day from second show, please let me know.

Red zone had priority over GA which upset every GA person in front. All prime spots at the front stage taken. Any idea if that will happen at other cities?

I was lucky to hook up with some true and historic fans, like yourselves here in PHX. The GA 's were smooth and comfortable without waiting long at all. You guys know the set list and likely have already watched some slides and film from it, but to provide my overall sense of the how and environment, I will try to write it in terms of what IT MEANT TO ME.

A lot of years have passed since the last show in MONC TOWN ( Moncton) and likely like all of you, I felt like an addict that needed a fix so even in entering the arena I could feel a sense of relief. True, palatable relief. It was like in some sense, I could breath again and suck in some fresh air that contained a vibe, a gas...something, which would provide me a form of spiritual medicine to sustain me to he next chance.

And that is not so far off for me in that I will see the again shortly in Montreal and Toronto. But some 4 plus years between Moncton and seeing them here in Phoenix felt less about the show, the band and the music ( at first ) and more about just a form of persona release and relief, as odd as that undoubtedly sounds.

But then the music and the presentation started and the signing began, crowd and band and the smiles....the smiles on everyone within this area. People with good voices and people like me 'who know that they (I) can't dance, at least they know ' did our equivalent in singing and shouted out with each tune. We, I knew I suck at singing...at least I know ! But it did not stop me because, well, because we all get it.

A very cool celebration. One of the aspects of this band and how they effect so many of us in such meaningful ways cam through on the floor and in chatting with other fans. Many of us found ourselves talking about how they, the band, brought us out of difficult moments, how U2's music carried as through heavy and unfairly weighted genetic or chemical challenges and, mental or physical or both and how being in this atmosphere seemed like a tonic of some sort with just soothed out and smoothed out these issues a bit.

So, again I appreciate this little diatribe is not s much about the show and music...yet...it is what I wanted to reflect upon with you all. U2 fans more than most wear their emotions on their sleeves, are open books and seem to chat more freely about very personal things and brilliantly...truly BRILLIANTLY,more times than not find refuge in our fellow fans experiences.

That is for me what I needed the most and at first. And then came more music, the show and the energy...which I will write about when I get home and then include some pics, one of which will be an eye spy !  Cheers.

Thanks for the review. Since you are not able to post a picture right now: I spy with my U2 eye something beginning with an 'S'

20306_675121175925419_534328222975908892

Great review! :D

Stars? (On Edges tshirt)

Rhi, you're too good! I was thinking of star, but stars is right too of course. Over to you  :)

So it should with the price of the tickets

No, it shouldn't.  RZ for the 360 tour (also pricey) were never let in before regular GA--rather, shortly after GA--so no one should expect differently this time around.

Where you there? Following along in the live threads or elsewhere online, or been catching up with all the shows news?

Post up your reviews, images, videos for all to enjoy & share

Don;t worry if you already posted them elsewhere (in the Zoo or beyond) - just add here too, or links to your offline blogs & sites

Which was your favourite song(s) of each night (don't forget to add your votes to the topic poll..)

What was the defining special moment?

Friday night in Phoenix was amazing, Saturday phenomenal!!!!!  Loved the GA floor!  Of course the favorites are great to hear, Bad, Streets, Pride, Vertigo, I also really enjoyed Invisible, and it's a toss up for me between Every Breaking Wave and Song for Someone as to which is more beautiful live.  : ) Great job again, guys, I miss the show already, hope to go again soon.  

If anyone has video or pics during Beautiful Day from second show, please let me know.

Red zone had priority over GA which upset every GA person in front. All prime spots at the front stage taken. Any idea if that will happen at other cities?

I have a couple of pics and a very short video of Beautiful Day. Alos, I was in Red Zone and was surprised they let us in 1st. I didn't feel right running straight to GA (tempting though). About half of the RZ ran straight for the E part stage and middle GA main stage. I was happy to get the spot I wanted in RZ. I don't think they'll do that every time. Can't make everyone happy and so many RZ ppl have been complaining about the layout. I think it was actually well thought out. Amazing show.

When did the band move to the smaller stage? 

EF, enjoyed your review, a really good read of how it felt for you:)

I have a couple of pics and a very short video of Beautiful Day. Alos, I was in Red Zone and was surprised they let us in 1st. I didn't feel right running straight to GA (tempting though). About half of the RZ ran straight for the E part stage and middle GA main stage. I was happy to get the spot I wanted in RZ. I don't think they'll do that every time. Can't make everyone happy and so many RZ ppl have been complaining about the layout. I think it was actually well thought out. Amazing show.

Thanks Sedona for feeling the way you did about GA. Do you have any video footage Beautiful Day up to the point he sings "wish your husband could be wit you". I'm the one he sang to. Didn't have my iPhone camera on.

They let RZ in before GA so RZ was able to grab rail spots (RZ does not need to stay in RZ).

That´s so messed up!  :angry:

I hope they don´t do this anymore. 

It´s a mistake to think the have priority access to GA only because they "paid more". There are two different zones! And the "logic" in the price of the RZ ticket is not priority access, is supporting RED campaign. 

That´s so messed up!  :angry:

I hope they don´t do this anymore. 

It´s a mistake to think the have priority access to GA only because they "paid more". There are two different zones! And the "logic" in the price of the RZ ticket is not priority access, is supporting RED campaign. 

That is correct, Carlos !!!

Sign in to follow this