Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Phoenix Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What was your favourite song(s) of each night? Choose up to 3 from each...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. #U2ieTour Phoenix Show 1 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Verttigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • In God's Country
    • Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. #U2ieTour Phoenix Show 2 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • When Love Comes To Town
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • Miracle Drug
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

I have a couple of pics and a very short video of Beautiful Day. Alos, I was in Red Zone and was surprised they let us in 1st. I didn't feel right running straight to GA (tempting though). About half of the RZ ran straight for the E part stage and middle GA main stage. I was happy to get the spot I wanted in RZ. I don't think they'll do that every time. Can't make everyone happy and so many RZ ppl have been complaining about the layout. I think it was actually well thought out. Amazing show.

Thanks Sedona for feeling the way you did about GA. Do you have any video footage Beautiful Day up to the point he sings "wish your husband could be wit you". I'm the one he sang to. Didn't have my iPhone camera on.

Oh I wish I had video of the whole sone. Sorry, it cuts off before that part. I was wondering who he was talking to. Hopefully someone has it for you!

I wish we could have had the songs from night one and the crowd from night two. Bono looked so frustrated the first night trying to get the crowd into it. You could see him trying to get the crowd to sing and he would raise his hands and the crowd wouldn't sing, but instead would just yell, "whoo!" I thought it was bizarre. Who goes to a U2 concert that doesn't know the words? The crowd on the second night was great. They seemed a lot more in to it. Maybe it was my location though. Night one was in the nose bleeds and night two I was in GA with my 10 year old son hanging out by the E stage. It was totally worth the 18 hour drive from Kansas City!

I was at night 2 in PHX in the 200s and I'm surprised when I read anything about the crowd being into the show that night. My sister and I have been to several U2 shows together in Chicago since PopMart and just didn't feel like the crowd was into the show in PHX. GA I think may have had a different experience than those of us in the stands. Maybe? The usual sing-a-long cues were never picked up on and Bono seemed upset that no one was participating. To me, that is one of the best parts of the show when Bono quiets the band and requests the house lights up so he can see and hear the fans. That didn't happen once in PHX night 2. I'm hoping the Chicago shows will be as I'm expecting... loud and fun even in the nosebleeds.

U2 sounded great though and the visuals were amazing. I'm hoping this was  PHX fluke with the fan base and Chicago will be amazing as it always is!

Also, when Invisible popped on, it was like no one in the 200s knew the band was playing. Nearly everyone was sitting and talking... my sister and I were the only two singing and dancing. Such a bummer!

Did anyone else feel this way in PHX? It felt like the crowd was just there to see what the fuss was about and not there to see their favorite band. 

So sad !!! How I'd wish to see U2 along with fellow fans and scream to the songs........

I was at night 2 in PHX in the 200s and I'm surprised when I read anything about the crowd being into the show that night. My sister and I have been to several U2 shows together in Chicago since PopMart and just didn't feel like the crowd was into the show in PHX. GA I think may have had a different experience than those of us in the stands. Maybe? The usual sing-a-long cues were never picked up on and Bono seemed upset that no one was participating. To me, that is one of the best parts of the show when Bono quiets the band and requests the house lights up so he can see and hear the fans. That didn't happen once in PHX night 2.

Did anyone else feel this way in PHX? It felt like the crowd was just there to see what the fuss was about and not there to see their favorite band.

You would have thought you were in Bizarro World on night one then!

It def is not a Montreal crowd in which literally everyone top to GA'S are singing on the bus, subway, in line, pubs and then during the show AND then after the show walking, taking the bus, subway and unlocking their front doors !!! LOL...but true,..

BUT, the people I was with and met in line and hung out with on the floor were into it and thrived. Very cool atmosphere for us.

It def is not a Montreal crowd in which literally everyone top to GA'S are singing on the bus, subway, in line, pubs and then during the show AND then after the show walking, taking the bus, subway and unlocking their front doors !!! LOL...but true,..

BUT, the people I was with and met in line and hung out with on the floor were into it and thrived. Very cool atmosphere for us.

Ha ha! Exactly!!! That is like the Chicago shows... folks are geared up and ready for the U2 shows. Maybe my problem this time was sitting in the stands instead of GA. Hoping to get GA's to the final two shows in Chicago when/if they drop more GAs. Fingers crossed!

I can't express how great the band sounded though. So excited to see them again in a few weeks. :D

This might sound a little rude, but the one aspect of PHX night 2 which was a tad noticeable on the low decibel/jezebel metre were the spouses who came to the show with their better halves being die hard U2 fans. I have to admit to seeing several if not many who were sidekicks and quite like stagnant water if you will, while their 'even better' halves sung their lungs out.

My wife understands this comment so no offence is taken on my home front, but I don't go to my favourite band in the world shows with anyone but people who love the band and get into as much as I will. She is the same. I am pretty flat at times, in the past, for bands she knows well and I am iffy about.

GA's for fans only !!! LOL

Cheers out to Janet,

A short lived high school sweety who saw through much of my obnoxiousness and intellectual stench (yuck in even writing that ) to bring me a copy of WAR. My intro to that Irish band from Dublin.

I was 17 and she was so cool in ways almost everyone else would think uncool. She is to blame for my becoming somewhat of a defacto U2 roady ! AND I would have married her then, 34 years ago.

But glad I did not - or rather more honestly, that she broke it off with me at the end of high school as it turns out - despite my wife only being moderately warm to them !!! Cheers.

It's hard to find a good " Even Better half" ....

Awesome !!

That is hilarious.

Yeah !!! =))) Never happens in real life .... :lol:

Cheers out to Janet,

A short lived high school sweety who saw through much of my obnoxiousness and intellectual stench (yuck in even writing that ) to bring me a copy of WAR. My intro to that Irish band from Dublin.

I was 17 and she was so cool in ways almost everyone else would think uncool. She is to blame for my becoming somewhat of a defacto U2 roady ! AND I would have married her then, 34 years ago.

But glad I did not - or rather more honestly, that she broke it off with me at the end of high school as it turns out - despite my wife only being moderately warm to them !!! Cheers.

Why Are you glad you didn't marry Janet?

Cause I kind of dig who I am married to now !! I feel lucky.

But she would have likely been wonderful too.

I don't believe in perfect matches, I think there are a lot of people we can build a fluid symmetry with.

It's why we swing with other couples.

ABSOLUTELY KIDDING ON THAT LAST REMARK, just struck me as funny.

I'm really outdone by this "matches" and "couples" thing anyway, so...

No you are not pain.

Socializing is like looking for work.

You just have to put yourself out there, on the line a little, and see what develops out of that.

I had crap jobs when I was younger which turned into over time a self employed opportunity and similarly many flat social get togethers which eventually got better.

I don't think there is a formula, which highly active brains like yours likely want or believe it needs. I think it is just in taking minor, small, borderline comfortable risks here and there.

What the f--k, at the end of the day.

I liked the last line the best !!! B)

Edited by pain_18_

I dunno man...last time I "tried" something she was playing with me like I was somekind of object....I found that extremely annoying....I was just a name on a list.... :angry:

Someone other got "Lucky"..His name moved Up the list after I was dropped....=))))) Hahahha !!!!!  !!!!!!

Watch in MULTICAM FORMAT my video of "In God's Country". Enjoy!  :)

If anyone has video or pics during Beautiful Day from second show, please let me know.

Red zone had priority over GA which upset every GA person in front. All prime spots at the front stage taken. Any idea if that will happen at other cities?

. I have a short video of a beautiful day

Sign in to follow this