Sign in to follow this  
nitz1

So what City will get the Show DVD Release?

Have been watching some old concert DVD's to get psyched for the upcoming shows. What do we think? They always talk about NY MSG as being an amazing place to play but have no recorded shows from there. NY and LA have the greatest number of dates to pick and choose best recordings from. Would love to see New York get it this time. Will it be somewhere in Europe? Will it be one continuous show with no edit or bits and pieces of a few? I would love a one night continuous show but in this day and age probably will be pieced together. What would you like to see recorded for all eternity?

Since I'm attending the NYC shows, yeah, I would pull for MSG to win... ;-)

London or NYC seem to be the best options given the number of shows in each city and the fact that they don't have a release from either city.

I'm hoping for single concert with a DVD of a load of bonus tracks of songs that weren't part of the regular set.

They've never repeated a city for these, so LA, Denver, Boston, and Chicago are unlikely.  Phoenix is too early in the tour.  That leaves Montreal which has a top reputation for audiences, Toronto which doesn't and only has 2 shows, NYC which would continue the famous venue/Rose Bowl trend, and Europe.

I could see them taking a few shows in the larger cities for a possible DVD/Blu-ray release. Hard to say which shows but probably will take footage from multiple shows than just one. My guess is if you see them wearing the exact same clothes for a few of the shows in the same city, that could be an indication that they are filming for a DVD/Blu-ray release.

I could see them taking a few shows in the larger cities for a possible DVD/Blu-ray release. Hard to say which shows but probably will take footage from multiple shows than just one. My guess is if you see them wearing the exact same clothes for a few of the shows in the same city, that could be an indication that they are filming for a DVD/Blu-ray release.

The signs posted as you enter that by entering you agree to appear in a video production, as well as the additional cameras, might also be good clues. ;-)

I don't think it's been a secret in the past that they were recording...

Is it wrong that I kinda hope it's not at the shows I'm going to?

I've been to live show tapings for other bands, and it always had a negative effect on experiencing the show that night.  The DVDs looked fantastic when they came out, but it was more fun watching on TV than being there.  In my experience (I was at DVD tapings for Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel and some others I'm blanking on at the moment), they have to bring in extra lighting, so it's never truly dark for the audience, and that feels weird.  They usually turn the sound down so they can get better, clearer recordings of the audience, so it's harder to hear the music when you're there.  And then you've got camera cranes everywhere blocking the views.  On the "Elevation" tour DVD, the making-of special does a great job of showing how filming the show for television requires changing the show for the camera, and those changes usually look spectacular on TV, but not so much when you're there.

If it could be filmed in a way that doesn't result in the music being too soft and the lights on the crowd too bright, then count me in.

I don't know where i've read this before; but the word is out it will be Paris.

Looks like it. The whole gig is being filmed and broadcast live on HBO plus a tour documentary.

Looks like it. The whole gig is being filmed and broadcast live on HBO plus a tour documentary.

Hello Peter. Are you sure about this??

Hello Peter. Are you sure about this??

This was announced a while ago: https://twitter.com/U2start/status/626799587353853952

Thank you Peter! :)

Edited by stanley14

Sign in to follow this