Sign in to follow this  
GloriaO

Back Stage tour anyone?

Who's been to the backstage tour?? how are people selected? How many people? And is it worth losing your spot?

Edited by GloriaO

I believe it was an option to buy a VIP package and you got a brief tour backstage. I also think there have been a few radio contests giving fans an opportunity to win, but to my knowledge you don't get to meet the band, they had offered the same thing during the last tour as well, you got to basically see the inner workings of the show backstage, I think someone said the tour ran at that time about 15-20 minutes long, but don't believe anyone reported ever meeting the band. I think the VIP purchasers also get a nice limited edition collectible, for this tour I believe it is a numbered photo book, I recall seeing some images of online, I want to say its limited to 30,000 copies.

I got an email today, with the red zone info for the LA shows.. It said: in order to win a backstage tour you must arrive by 6:30pm. -subject to change. But it doesnt say much more than that! Wanted to know if anyone here got to go on this "tour"..

I'd like to know what it entails too. Someone has to get picked each night, so if we're lucky it's someone on here who will give us the scoop.

I got an email today, with the red zone info for the LA shows.. It said: in order to win a backstage tour you must arrive by 6:30pm. -subject to change. But it doesnt say much more than that! Wanted to know if anyone here got to go on this "tour"..

They must be doing a random backstage pass tour for Red Zone ticket holders, sounds like you need to simply be checked into the venue by 6:30pm. I am sure they will have more information about it there at the venue. I believe this is the same backstage pass tour that the VIP ticket purchasers get too.

I did the backstage tour in Phoenix Friday night. We went up to one of the suite where the lighting director was and met him, saw the light boards. Then down a level to meet the sound director. He has been with the band sincce 1978 annd was telling us about the new sound system. Then it was behind the stage to the meet video director. Then we went under the stage and met the keeper of Edge's guitars. Saw the 18 guitars he has for the show. Then it was over the the e stage for pictures on the stage. I was back in the red zone by 7:20. I ended up second from the rail right at the end of the stage. Their were 8 on the tour annd it did include the winners from teh VIP tickets. There were 2 from the red zone, and 4 from the VIP tickets.

I did the backstage tour in Phoenix Friday night. We went up to one of the suite where the lighting director was and met him, saw the light boards. Then down a level to meet the sound director. He has been with the band sincce 1978 annd was telling us about the new sound system. Then it was behind the stage to the meet video director. Then we went under the stage and met the keeper of Edge's guitars. Saw the 18 guitars he has for the show. Then it was over the the e stage for pictures on the stage. I was back in the red zone by 7:20. I ended up second from the rail right at the end of the stage. Their were 8 on the tour annd it did include the winners from teh VIP tickets. There were 2 from the red zone, and 4 from the VIP tickets.

you met willy, joe & dallas? :) how cool, any pics?

For Red Zone in Phoenix (night 2), they gave us raffle tickets. They did say we needed to be there by 6:30 to be eligible for the "drawing" (but I think we got there around 4:30 LOL!)

However, I don't know when or where they announce the winner because we stood in the regular GA section.

Sign in to follow this