Sign in to follow this  
peggytwoten

False advertising by Ticketmaster

I won't be seeing U2 until Boston and I have RZ for both nights (wanted GA, but presale TM disaster wouldn't process my requests for GA, but funny enough, RZ tickets went through quickly).  But, I've seen photos of the stage setup and read reviews by fans.  Looks like we're not getting what was advertised.  Here's what is on the TM website.

(RED) Zone Ticket 
Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage 
Extremely limited capacity 
VIP Entrance to the venue 
An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour 
Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand 
Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign. To learn more about the (RED) campaign, please visit http://www.red.org

There seems to be no Red Zone refreshment stand and the barricaded area adjacent to the stage is extremely limited on the far sides of the stage. Since I'm only going to 2 shows, the price tag doesn't bother me too much and I'm happy to contribute money to RED.  I did RZ several times for 360 and thought it was well worth the money.  This time, I don't think it is worth the money and but I'm even more bothered by the false advertising by Ticketmaster.  

Otherwise, it sounds like it's going to be a great show, but next time, it's GA or seats for me.

There actually has been a lot of discussion about the Red Zone areas in other threads. I don't believe you are the only one who is upset about the Red Zone areas, particular what wad initially advertised on the show floor maps at time of purchase to what they finally were come tour time as the sections have changed. I have said it before but I think a lot of the complaints could have been avoided if they would have flipped the current design of the upside down L shape over making Red Zone the inner portion of the main stage and 1/4 of the front catwalk rather than it being the outer portions of the front stage and then the rest being the floor between reserved and GA. But as others have pointed out as a Red Zone ticket holder you do have the option to go into the main GA section and then back into Red Zone so that may work out to your benefit if you get in at the same time as GA are let in. Red Zone have their own line and own entrance and you wont be having to wait overnight or all day to get up close, you could probably wait a few hours in the Red Zone line-up and get a great spot along the catwalk or center stage with regular GA folks.

Ticketmaster has no knowledge of this stuff. They just put on there what the U2 tour management told them.

sometimes ticketmaster seem to be a law unto themselves.

So if I want claim, who I should contact?

A lawyer who doesn't know the definition of adjacent?

I was in the Red Zone last night in Los Angeles / Inglewood (Night #3).

- There is a separate refreshment stand / bar inside the two Red Zone areas, which is nice to have.

- You have to get there early if you want to get next to the stage, there isn't too much room in the places by the stage

- We had over 300 people in our Red Zone last night (north side).  It was crowded - not as bad as GA - but still crowded.  I noticed several people without Red Zone wristbands that had gotten in.

- Here's the biggest benefit (I think) - Since the band starts at one end of the stage and moves to other end throughout the show, the middle of the Red Zone is probably one of the best vantage points in the house without have to move during the show.  Plus the innovative video screen is best viewed if you are back a little from it, which is where the Red Zone puts you.  If you're up against the catwalk, you won't see the all the cool video elements.

You'll have a great time either way.

These are my thoughts about Red Zone experience at Phoenix night 2 in regards to the Ticketmaster advertising:

Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage 

The area indicated on the Ticketmaster map was NOT the area where the Red Zone was located in Phoenix.

Extremely limited capacity

This was true, there was much more space in the RZ are in comparison to GA.

VIP Entrance to the venue 

This was sort of true. We had a separate line and were allowed to enter before others. We were not treated like "VIPs" LOL.

An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour 

You HAVE to be standing in the RZ area when they do the drawing or you won't know who has been selected.

Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand 

We had to use the same refreshment stands and restrooms that everyone else in the venue used.

Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign.

Only a few feet of the RZ are adjacent to the stage. There were no special amenities. I can only hope that some of my ticket price went towards support of RED.

To sum it up: in the future, I will buy GA tickets and donate directly to RED. That said, I did enjoy the show very much.

However, I detest Ticketmaster.

You HAVE to be standing in the RZ area when they do the drawing or you won't know who has been selected.

Seems reasonable for them to expect the RZ people to be in the RZ area for the drawing, no?

We'll be in the RZ on Tuesday for the first time ever. It's a Bucket List Item for me, as I've been going to shows since '85. Can't wait. Only nerve racking thing is I intended to buy on Edge's side, but having only to guess, I opted for RZ1, which according to threads, appears to be Adam's? Oh well. It'll still be great...unless there's someone out there who wants to swap? :) 

Sign in to follow this