Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Los Angeles Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

#U2IETour Los Angeles 1 & 2: What was your favourite song(s) of each night? Choose up to 3 from each...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. #U2ieTour Los Angeles Show 1 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised by Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better than the Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • California (There Is No End To Love)
    • Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One
  2. 2. #U2ieTour Los Angeles Show 2 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • "40"

Where you there? Following along in the live threads or elsewhere online, or been catching up with all the shows news?

Post up your reviews, images, videos for all to enjoy & share

Don;t worry if you already posted them elsewhere (in the Zoo or beyond) - just add here too, or links to your offline blogs & sites

Which was your favourite song(s) of each night (don't forget to add your votes to the topic poll..)

What was the defining special moment?

Special multicam video :D "The Electric. Co"

Edited by Vetri

That's brilliant, thanks for that!

That's brilliant, thanks for that!

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks :D

It was my first GA since Vertigo and we had a nice view against the red zone..could see the band..could see the screen. The e stage was a little hard to see because I'm not that tall. Think next time I might move against the red zone rail in the center like some have said.

Loved the set up...at times didn't know where to look...should I look at the stage or the screen..I think someone did say this as well.

The sound was awesome..!!! Made the songs pop out more..it seemed they took over your soul and you were in them.

The highlights for me were Cedarwood Rd, Raised By Wolves, Every Breaking Wave, Song For Someone, California and Iris...Iris was the song I felt most connected with..it has more feeling live. Felt the same way about Invisible.

The rest of the setlist was golden. I get amazed how U2 has an amazing catalogue of music from various times and eras and they could play even more of their amazing setlist.

Looking forward to hearing Crystal Ballroom, Lucifer's Hands, Volcano and TheTroubles..they could alternate the Innocence songs throughout the tour or just play the whole album...that would be a dream of course.

Bono remains a great front man and he can make you feel like he is singing to you.(know I always say this..but it's true) Edge has amazing energy and really moves and dances with his guitar and takes a good dip..! haha..Adam is cool Adam..and plays his bass effortlessly and I love the way he smiles all the time...Larry's drumming on California and Raised By Wolves stands out ..he has a very special Larry way of drumming like Bono says. What a band these guys are.

It amazes me that they are rock stars still..but they know when times get rough they look to each other, scriptures, literature.. and to people who know about power and how special it is to use power wisely and use it to change things.

They are a band who pays attention on how to keep and remain special..they don't take what is special lightly..they work real hard to make rock and roll better. Loved when Bono said..it's not tricks..it's magic..they all make magic together and I couldn't be more happier that this album took the time that it did..because they waited the time it needed for the magic to be heard and shown at it's best. They have figured out when it's time to take the rabbit out of the hat, every time.First time I heard Songs Of Innocence I knew it was going to kick ass live and it does!! I think the fighting Irish can hold their own beautifully!! Just looking at them on stage, you can see it clearly. Everytime... past and present and future. 

Hey all,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere, does any know the tune played at the Forum just before Bono walked onto stage ? It was the same for both nights, but after the excitement of it all, I'm struggling to recall it.....

I'm pretty sure the track had a female vocalist, and the volume was turned way up on this song just before Bono entered to get the crowd pumped.......

If anyone can let me know the song, thank you for your help....

I was there for the 2nd night in LA. Arrived at the Forum at 9AM and got #135. We were told to arrive back at the Forum at 4PM.  I think this was the most orderly U2 GA experience I have had in 10+ years of doing the GA scene. Very well organized. 

I realize this is mainly a review of the show thread, but I did want to point one thing out that I thought was annoying and that was the fact that the Red Zone people were allowed to leave their area and head the GA area as the GA people were entering the arena. I call BS on that and here is why. My U2 family (there are 7 of us) arrived and followed the rules as we have for many shows. Our most memorable and nightmarish GA experience was for the 360 Rose Bowl show. If you were there, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, when were let into the Forum at 6PM we headed straight for the main stage Adam side. There were already people there on the rail. We got the corner area of the front rail GA section next to the RedZone. To our left was this obnoxious industry couple that were the selfie king and queen of LA that night. I say that because that is all they did all night. FFS! Put the camera down and enjoy the f@#$%#g show!!!! After about an hour and half of it, I told the chick to put the camera down and watch the show. I couldn't hardly see the Edge at all because of her freakishly long arm holding out her camera the entire time. Did I take a couple photos with my camera? Yes, I did, but then I put it down and enjoyed the show. It's so annoying! People have no regard for the others around then anymore and frankly, I think it is rude to the band. They come over and play for you and all you do is shove your iPhone in their face. She did not like my request and told me she paid $3000 for her ticket. She had RedZone tickets and that entitled her come to the GA side where people waited all day to be on the rail. I told her she was stupid and that I paid $87 for my ticket and that her $3000 did not entitle her to ruin my experience. Unfortunately, it did a bit. Anyway. I hope all her friends enjoyed her 15,000 photos/selfies on Twitter and Facebook that night. What do you guys think? Should RedZone people be allowed to get on the main GA rail because they paid more. I say, F#$k No! 

Now for the show, it was fantastic! My favorite songs were Out of Control, Angel of Harlem, Bad, and 40!  The opening song, The Miracle was also a great song live!  I hate to say it and I am sure others will hate me for it, but I can do without Pride and With or Without You in a show.  I heard from a friend who was at the Roxy last night that all the KROQ ticket winners did not make it into the show last night because there were too many VIPs there. That sucks!!!!!

I'm not usually so negative, but my experience has been that the GA people are some of the best U2 fans around. They are usually very courteous! It's unfortunate that I got stuck next to two self serving rude individuals Wednesday night. 

PS: That obnoxious couple on the rail, when asked what time they arrived, they responded 5:30. I figured it was AM, but then they showed us their RedZone bands and told us PM! Of course one of my U2 family members did not like that and decided they needed a test, she asked them what the first U2 album was? They could not respond with even the basic Boy answer, but of course we know it is the EP Three. She's been carrying that red 45 around with her to every show I have been to with her in the past 12 years. Last night at the Roxy she got the Edge to sign it! :) And the people in the RedZone that we talked to since we were right next to them called BS on their move too. Okay, my rant is over. 

Enjoy this tour. It's a good one! :)

Dublinlover,

Thanks very much mate......

Came over from the UK for LA 1 and 2.

First night was amazing, but second was truly epic !!!! And to close the show with 40 as a tribute to Dennis Sheehan, well, that's an experience that will stay with me forever.

No problem, carlahancox. Glad to help out. Night #2 was pretty special.  The contraption down the catwalk doesn't bode well for those on the floor at either end. It was hard to see the boys in that thing, but I imagine it was pretty cool for the folks in the seats.  U2 can still put on a pretty innovative and energetic show. Felt bad for the boys and their crew Wednesday night. Must have been a tough show to get through, but I think they paid homage to Dennis pretty well.

Some of my pictures from Night 1 May 26.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Victor Noe

Here are a few from Second Night May 27 at the Forum photos: Victor Chavez

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Here are a few from Second Night May 27 at the Forum photos: Victor Chavez

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg Victor, h

Victor, how did you get into the arena with a professional camera, since it is forbidden to enter with that sort of thing?

Wow some brilliant pictures there! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Sponge,

By the way If I got a pro camera, I will be doing better photos for sure Vetri

Really enjoying the reviews, seems the new songs are great live (NLOTH didn't work well live to my ears but that seems in the distant past now). They are a unique band, in a league of their own. Let me in the sound really us a core part of their brilliance.

Fantastic photos, thank you for sharing. The U.K leg seems so far away so in the meantime please post on:)

And the 40 vid is so touching, a lovely tribute, welled me up, they have lost another one of their family.

Thank you Paulo, great to see your vids back in here:)

And the 40 vid is so touching, a lovely tribute, welled me up, they have lost another one of their family.

Thank you Paulo, great to see your vids back in here:)

Can anyone tell me more about the GA ticket wristbands? I'm going tonight and I saw a post in this thread that said they arrived at 9am and got #135 and was told to come back way 4pm...

If you did GA in LA, please post what time you arrived and any details about how to get on the rail!

I went Wednesday and arrived at 9AM and received #135. They let us leave and told us to return at 4:00PM where we were put into numbered corrals of roughly 25 people. They let us in at 6PM and the boys took the stage around 8:30PM.  It was the smoothest GA line I have ever done. As I said above, the Rose Bowl 360 was shitshow. The Vertigo ellipse random drawing thing was cool, but I really liked this tour's experience. It was just so orderly with the exception that the RedZone people get let in at the same time through a different entrance and they can choose to jump out of their area and in the general GA population.  No cool in my opinion.  Have a great time mags.  Enjoy the show!!! 

Thank you- great photos and I loved watching the video of '40'. I was there night 1 ga and hoping for 40. Looking for 1 ticket for Wed show- fingers crossed

Sign in to follow this