Sign in to follow this  
passenger789

A lot of real fans stuck with tickets?

Hi All, was wondering, after 8 shows now, if many people (mostly long time/real fans, not the casuals) have had to eat some tickets 'cause of friends bailing (for whatever reason)?? I realize it probably has a lot to do with how many shows are in a particular city, but looks like there are tons of available tix out there & not just from the scalpers. I am in Montreal, band here for 4 nights & there is an average of 800 resale tix available for each nights 1 & 2 , 450 resale tix for each nights 3 + 4 that also have regular tix for sale from Evenko (although vast majority the $300 tix + some i backstages). Chicago per night avg. 2,000, Toronto 1,500, Boston 1,500 etc etc.

I bought 10 tix total (all $85 ones, so not expensive) thinking friends would scoop them up but for now I am still "stuck" with 2, 2 weeks away from show (I'm not a scalper, long time fan here).

So, feedback/thoughts anyone??     

I think there is some of that-but more likely people see a opportunity to make a buck. They figure the tour will be popular and buy tickets at release banking that demand will raise the cost people would be willing to pay. Similar to people buying up the hot item on Black Friday and immediately posting it on eBay.

I think there is some of that-but more likely people see a opportunity to make a buck. They figure the tour will be popular and buy tickets at release banking that demand will raise the cost people would be willing to pay. Similar to people buying up the hot item on Black Friday and immediately posting it on eBay.

Hey Kwaite, I'm 'kinda just taking a poll if regular fans have had trouble passing on/selling their tix to friends etc if they bought some xtras for that purpose, i.e. to have a few/several friends get together for the shows etc..... I sold mine to friends for cost, that was my intention, but I find there are very few ''casual'' fans interested in this tour.... Which brings me to the disappointment of the band being veeeeerrryyyyy conservative on the concert playlists for different nights (little casual fans so no need for a ''greatest hits'' every night), but that's another subject, to which i've posted eslwhere in the Zoo ;) 

p.s. - the Black Friday posting on Ebay thing is more an American thing I think, than up here in Canada, well in Montreal Quebec anyway... just saying...  

This is sorta related to your question... I made the choice not to buy extra tickets for nights that I didn't have people committed in advance to going, in large part because on the 360 tour, it was a lot harder for me to find friends that were interested in going, and I didn't want to go through that again worrying about whether I'd be able to break even on unused tickets.  (It was actually more of a problem for the 2011 makeup dates than the 2009 dates... people who loved the show in 2009 and were immediately interested in seeing it again had lost some interest when the dates got postponed from 2010 to 2011, another friend moved out of town in that extra year so he could no longer go, etc.)  So with the ticket prices this time being higher than ever before, I just decided that I was going to invite people ahead of time, and if they committed to going right then and there, I'd buy pairs, otherwise I'd just get single tickets for myself.  I'm trying to see all of the shows in NYC.  I have people to go with two of the nights, but the rest I'm going solo. 

Part of that also was probably due to the GA factor - I'd rather stand on the floor near the stage than be anywhere else, but the people I'm going with have no interest in waiting all day or having to stand all through the show.  So I've got seats for the nights I'm going with people, and doing GA for my solo nights.

So I'm not stuck with any tickets this time... but that's definitely a result of having gotten stuck with tickets in 2011.  (In the end, at least in 2011, I was able to get almost face value for unused tickets from fellow fans on this board, so it all worked out.)

.......... but that's definitely a result of having gotten stuck with tickets in 2011.  (In the end, at least in 2011, I was able to get almost face value for unused tickets from fellow fans on this board, so it all worked out.)

Hi Vertigo, yeah I hear you about 360... oddly enough I was opposite for 360, I had 24 tix to that but they all went easily, probably 'cause they were all $50 GA's (despite they were in MTL for 2 nights)... and the very impressive stage, I feel it was more of an ''event'' than this tour. Of course it has not helped this time with the delay to the start of the tour 'cause of Bono's terribly timed injuries which resulted in very low key build-up.... tour was supposed start Jan.-Feb I think.. no Jimmy Fallon for the week, not much news while Bono recovered for months etc. As for checking w people first before buying we had like 4 days between the tour announcement & the ticket onsale, so I went for it + my tix are just $85 this time.. Anyways, still 2 tix left for 2 weeks, hoping to bag an aquaintance that will want them, no more friends.... or maybe I just don't have enough friends loll :P   

Edited by passenger789

I got a ticket for a mate for 360 and he bailed about a week before the show. Gave the ticket to another mate, and we had a great time about 8 rows from the stage.

Hi All, was wondering, after 8 shows now, if many people (mostly long time/real fans, not the casuals) have had to eat some tickets 'cause of friends bailing (for whatever reason)?? I realize it probably has a lot to do with how many shows are in a particular city, but looks like there are tons of available tix out there & not just from the scalpers. I am in Montreal, band here for 4 nights & there is an average of 800 resale tix available for each nights 1 & 2 , 450 resale tix for each nights 3 + 4 that also have regular tix for sale from Evenko (although vast majority the $300 tix + some i backstages). Chicago per night avg. 2,000, Toronto 1,500, Boston 1,500 etc etc.

I bought 10 tix total (all $85 ones, so not expensive) thinking friends would scoop them up but for now I am still "stuck" with 2, 2 weeks away from show (I'm not a scalper, long time fan here).

So, feedback/thoughts anyone??     

would love to take those but can't make the montreal show. :(

When my friends bail on shows for which I purchased tickets, and replacements aren't found, my friends eat the cost of their unused tickets. ;-)

When my friends bail on shows for which I purchased tickets, and replacements aren't found, my friends eat the cost of their unused tickets. ;-)

Hey Jeff, like I wrote though, I bought 8 xtra's thinking friends would scoop them up (no one reserved them before onsale)... anyway, 6 got taken 4 months ago, 2 left but sold those also 2 days ago :) ... but this tour is definitelly not an ''event'' like 360, where MTL sold out 2 x 80,000 (still tix left for MTL 3 & 4, I think this time though it is really a price point issue, way more expensive than 360).... 

i was next to a guy in the GA line during the foxboro 360 tour. He had 8 tickets he couldnt unload. The friend i brought with me didnt have one. Instead of giving her one or even giving her a deal, he ripped them up and thriew them on the groiund. my friend got one for $35 from someone else. nuts.

i was next to a guy in the GA line during the foxboro 360 tour. He had 8 tickets he couldnt unload. The friend i brought with me didnt have one. Instead of giving her one or even giving her a deal, he ripped them up and thriew them on the groiund. my friend got one for $35 from someone else. nuts.

Whoa... that is totally nuts... guess he was'nt a U2 Zootopian, total lack of ''community'' values  ;)  .... maybe he sold a bunch of others for a tidy profit...

Does anyone have any ticket for sale montreal June 17th?
I would like to buy a GA
Many Thanks,
Valerie
MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT USE EMAIL ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBERS. PLEASE USE THE PM SECTION IN THE BOARD. THANKS.

Selling one 360 Moncton GA at cost     ;)

I had someone bail for 360 Moncton also so yeah, that was some tasty card stock. I don't buy extra anything anymore.

Edited by Sigma957

When Chicago's first set of dates were released, I struggled with the price, but thought, this is something I've wanted to do forever and one of my only regrets is not buying the tickets to a U2 concert 14 years ago (darn college rent money).  So I gulped and paid $240 for VIP fan tickets, since GA was gone in a blink.  Then they released the dates for the second set of Chicago dates and we got insanely blessed with two nights of GA tickets!! Woohoo!! I thought it would be fairly easy to sell the tickets for the 24th.  Then a whole lotta life changes, my husband getting a new job and most importantly, we found out we were expecting.  This makes me 7 mths preggers for the Chicago dates.  Long story (not so short), I'm still sitting with those tickets for the 24th, as the GA tickets are non-transferrable and you can't sell them.  Bit afraid I'm going to be eating a lot of money. :(  

Sign in to follow this