Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Los Angeles Shows 3 & 4 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

#U2IETour Los Angeles 3 & 4: What was your favourite song(s) of each night? Choose up to 3 from each...  

13 members have voted

1. 1. #U2ieTour Los Angeles Show 3 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. #U2ieTour Los Angeles Show 4 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Angel of Harlem
    • When Love Comes to Town
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • All I Want is You
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • "40"

Where you there? Following along in the live threads or elsewhere online, or been catching up with all the shows news?

Post up your reviews, images, videos for all to enjoy & share

Don;t worry if you already posted them elsewhere (in the Zoo or beyond) - just add here too, or links to your offline blogs & sites

Which was your favourite song(s) of each night (don't forget to add your votes to the topic poll..)

What was the defining special moment?

Amazing!!! For my first concert (second night), I was able to score RedZone on the presale for my brother and me.  We were on the rail, albeit at the very end of the stage. Worked out really well, because I did not have to take work off (I am a teacher and sub plans are a bitch) and we still got a primo spot.  I did not think I could top that.  For Saturday, I was close to the front stage about 6 rows up.  There was a deeper connection between myself and the music that night than the previous night, perhaps owing to the fact that I was alone and could completely immerse myself in the experience.  Then there was last night... I had a 2nd row seat right above the band's stage entrance/exit, with a direct view of the e stage.  Again, I was solo.  No one showed for the seat in front of me and I was able to claim this aisle seat spot for my own.  There was an added intimacy to the 4th show which I did not feel to the same extent as the previous two and there was a point during WOWY that I felt as if Bono was singing directly to me... maybe he was-- I am an overly enthusiastic singer and dancer/jumper/mosher and my Popmart shirt is a good focal point AND they do need the crowd to get them pumped up, so.... a woman can dream... :wub:

Amazing!!! For my first concert (second night), I was able to score RedZone on the presale for my brother and me.  We were on the rail, albeit at the very end of the stage. Worked out really well, because I did not have to take work off (I am a teacher and sub plans are a bitch) and we still got a primo spot.  I did not think I could top that.  For Saturday, I was close to the front stage about 6 rows up.  There was a deeper connection between myself and the music that night than the previous night, perhaps owing to the fact that I was alone and could completely immerse myself in the experience.  Then there was last night... I had a 2nd row seat right above the band's stage entrance/exit, with a direct view of the e stage.  Again, I was solo.  No one showed for the seat in front of me and I was able to claim this aisle seat spot for my own.  There was an added intimacy to the 4th show which I did not feel to the same extent as the previous two and there was a point during WOWY that I felt as if Bono was singing directly to me... maybe he was-- I am an overly enthusiastic singer and dancer/jumper/mosher and my Popmart shirt is a good focal point AND they do need the crowd to get them pumped up, so.... a woman can dream... :wub:

Bono might have been singing to you, don't put it out of your head. Anything can happen. :) The boy called up on Tuesday was the kid standing next to us in the GA line and the girl Bono called up Wednesday during Angel Of Harlem was one of the fans I met during the meet and greet who took pics for me and posts here! 

We waited at the M & G again..but just hanging out.in the back of the barricades looking to get a view of the guys if they came around..They came around Tuesday and Wednesday..and Saturday was Edge and his soft hands.. ;)  Finally...it was Bono who drove by and smiled and waved..he had his hand around his cross..I loved it. A hands on cross drive by.. :D

What can I say about last night...it was like a party....and there with plenty of balloons.. :D The crowd was psyched and full of this tremendous energy!! Before the show there was some noise and cheering..we thought it was the mexican wave.. :lol: but I didn't see any hands up...it turns out reading some tweets it was a woman flashing her boobs... :D

I posted about my GA experience in the Joe's thread..did meet some nice people. A gentlemen from Texas with his brother and niece..we were celebrity watching.. Didn't see anyone..heard Jimmy Kimmel was there and Bono did mention it. Also read Chris Martin was there.. I thought he might be there because Bono sang a yellow snippet during Beautiful day..and he also mention his appreciation for someone who was wearing a Coldplay tee shirt..Funny, my daughter was going to wear hers!  I met a guy from Poland and the guy next to me who came alone and had been to a lot of U2 and Pearl Jam shows..he was so excited about the possibility of hearing 40..he kept saying he was hoping...and when it was time for the last song..he watched the guitars being changed..(Adam's)and he KNEW..it was going to be 40 before he heard it..and then we heard the beginning notes..I wish you could have all seen his face and his hands...they were together like a prayer of joy and happiness..I gave him a high five and it was so special Bono's talk about Dennis and how the 40 crowd singing had it's origins and how it came from Dennis. Some of us did the one up sign of pointing to the heavens and giving God the glory for Dennis, his life with U2 and his 40. It was a special night for me, I took my daughter to see U2 again. It was her second time. She went to Angel Stadium last and she did get to hear Vertigo again....the song she used to hear everyday in the 5th grade while driving her to school. She did the whole GA experience with me and we really had the time of our U2life. :)  

Edited by U2LAWoman

Did anyone notice a miss step by Bono when entering the screen from the e-stage? That happen in LA3, I was scare for a moment... he continues to singing... :)

AMAZING as I was lucky enough to be at both LA3 and 4. I have seen too many shows to count since ZOO TV, and LA3 was BY FAR the greatest concert experience of my life. RZ Northside, against the rail.  Musical highlights for me in general from both shows were the new songs and the whole concept of looking back on their past without being nostalgic. Truly brilliant and such a fine line to walk. "Iris" and  "EBW" bring me to tears almost every time I hear them for their sheer and almost overwhelming beauty. But Invisible took the cake for me this time- for the last few weeks as I have been preparing myself for these shows, the  line " There is no them, there's only us" has been reverberating in my head over and over and over. This might be the most powerful U2 lyric the boys have ever written, and it has rocked me to the core in a way nothing has before. Hearing it live was the truly defining moment of the shows for me. I know it is a cliche, but music has once again saved a life. 

Other than the music, hearing Bono talk about his life in such a personal way was incredibly moving, and  LA 4 of course the beautiful tribute to Dennis with 40 was unforgettable, but very important was also that he spoke about the arming of Mexico and the violence it has fed. I hope everyone was paying attention. 

Overall- my sister (who was with me LA3) and I have had an endless review of the show and why U2 matters so much. We have concluded that obviously their music continues to resonate with people at all stages of their life as witnessed at the shows, new young fans continue to discover and relate to their early material, while older fans love the music from their youth but also the new material that showcases their outlook from adulthood. But really, at the heart of U2 (whether this is intended or not) is the relentless way the boys push us and inspire us to be better people. Not just by giving to (RED) and ONE, etc, but by caring for our friends and families like they do, and most importantly- by pushing us to never settling and living our lives passionately. 

Oh, another highlight- hearing my 9 year old son say after 2 songs at LA4- "Now I love Bono too!" He's a huge Phish fan so hearing that from him was extremely cool!

Now to just find tix for Wednesday... 

There is no them, There's only US

Did anyone notice a miss step by Bono when entering the screen from the e-stage? That happen in LA3, I was scare for a moment... he continues to singing... :)

Yes! I saw that, good thing he didn´t fell. I think i have a video, let me look for it.

dohboy here.

I posted a topic on u2.com, Zootopia Zoo forums back in December 2014. The topic was, "Tips from the eXPERIENCED GA-ers".

I was fortunate enough to get 2 GA tickets during the Fan club pre-sale. I had never attended a U2 concert in General Admission. I was fully intending to arrive at the venue early (7 am). Since I live 90 miles from the Forum, I would be hanging out in line until ShowTime. Most of the replies were posted by the beginning of April.

On May 8th, the post from jeffwalsh was the most poignant. Paraphrasing, "Yea, you can arrive early, wait, get your wristband, wait, get in line, wait, run to your spot, wait. I'll show up 30 minutes before the band tends to start and stand 10 feet behind you." Well, that must have been a bad night for jeff. I arrived and was parked at 7:10 pm. Went to the special GA entrance, got my south wristband, stopped for a double gin and tonic. And stood behind a couple on the rail at the e-stage, 7:40 pm. (just to the left of where Larry's drum set was positioned, about four feet from the rail, comparable to the second row). The band spends a significant amount of time at the e-stage. Bono enters from the rear south GA area to the e-stage and the band individually exits the venue by the same path.

jeff, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, for the enlightenment of your eXPERIENCE with General Admission. Yea, I understand the joy of sharing time, stories, and enthusiasm with like-minded groups of people. I have spent 5 days in line just to buy tickets for a concert, 4th place in line at on-sale. It's still a fond memory, but, I am so happy I didn't spend 13+ hours in line, waiting for a U2 concert experience that could not be any more fulfilling.

The concert was excellent. I cannot get the sing-along melody of "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)" out of my head. I am annoying myself with the constant singing/humming, my poor family, friends, coworkers, strangers, .....

If you are emotionally driven to be on the rail, right in front, by all means, follow your heart and do it.

General Admission ticket holders - dohboy gives testimony - it is not necessary to spend 13+++ hours in line to have a great U2 concert experience. With this stage design and the band's use of it, even if you arrive after the concert has started, you'll be, at most, 30 to 45 feet (about 8 people deep) from some part of the stage. And 25 yards behind you is the nearest seat.

U2, Crew, and Forum staff - Absolutely Unbelievable, well done. Everything. This production shows, by its execution and delivery, the deep appreciation and respect you have for your fans and people (who may not be fans), in general. The words, "THANK YOU", just do not seem to convey my feelings of sincere gratitude and need. I can't imagine my life's musical soundtrack without U2's music and live performances. There is no substitution for the class and grace that U2 provides. THANK YOU, dohboy

Look at sec 33

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 08.28.28.png
John Densmore
"I was a U2 virgin until show #4 in LA. Larry (their drummer) & I had a pow wow about drumming. Bono told me that it was a special nite having me there which immediately filled my skull with helium. THEN he sang a few lines from Break on Thru in the 2nd song!!"

(Photo Credit: Ildiko von Somogyi)

I was a U2 virgin until show #4 in LA. Larry ... John Densmore I was a U2 virgin until show #4 in LA. Larry (their drummer) & I had a pow wow about drumming. Bono told me that it was a special nite having me there which immediately filled my skull with helium. THEN he sang a few lines from Break on Thru in the 2nd song!!" (Photo Credit: Ildiko von Somogyi)

That's very cool....it was awesome to hear Break On Through last night...my first U2 show they sang a cover of "Light My Fire." 

LA4 was one of the best U2 concerts I've ever been!!! My all time favorite song: ALL I WANT IS YOU. Plus the close song ever: 40.

[VIDEO] Live debut of "Stuck in a Moment And You Can't Get out Of It" on U2ieTour

Edited by Vetri

Sign in to follow this