Sign in to follow this  
kwaite

Updated stage set up- United Center

TM just updated the seating/stage layout for United Center.post-539496-0-97004500-1433204791_thumb.jpg

Edited by kwaite

This actually shows I stage (versus just catwalk). So it depends if you interpreted the first set up as having RZ by main stage-which a lot of people did. It confirmed my guess (based on how other concerts were shown) but I think a lot of people thought the main stage was where the e stage is.

Edited by kwaite

Kwaite-

Are you sure it's not backwards?

Its been flipped since the tour started.   Just last week I looked at the seating chart and the stage was at the other end, now I'm almost behind it.   Not to happy with the flip.

Here's the initial (top) & current (bottom) TM layouts for United Center:

post-287001-0-13599500-1433278281_thumb.jpg

And I think this is one you generated back in Dec with pricing? post-539496-0-17123200-1433294301_thumb.jpg

Edited by kwaite

And I think this is one you generated back in Dec with pricing? attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Indeed.

Cheers.

This is ridiculous. Tickets that I bought thinking they were at one end of the arena are now at behind the stage. How is that not dishonest? Or irresponsible at best?

Kwaite-

Are you sure it's not backwards?

Its been flipped since the tour started.   Just last week I looked at the seating chart and the stage was at the other end, now I'm almost behind it.   Not to happy with the flip.

Not flipped. You can pretty much assume that the main stage will always be where the 'delivery' entrance to the floor is. RZ appears to have been originally planned near the e-stage. So far everyone agrees that the move of the RZ was the only change.

Which of course doesn't excuse the lack of information and incomplete layout schematics until now.

Ugh - this really bothers me because I did what I thought was my best job at making sure I wasn't  behind the stage.

I was annoyed on the first pre-sale day because there wasn't much time to buy the tickets - I had several time out on me because of the problems with the network.  I even passed on a set at the time that WOULD have been head-on to the stage, but at the time they were presented as being behind the stage.

Still excited to see them - but upset that I'll be behind the stage when I tried to not be there and thought I succeeded at it.

Someone above said we should have known - I'm not sure how.  This is the first concert I've seen at United, and I had no idea what the stage set-up for this tour was until the moment we were buying tickets.  At that time, it was presented to me that I would be head-on to the stage.  

Oh well.  

Just picked up some resale tickets on the correct side of the arena - paid 3+ times the face value.  Pretty annoyed - but want to make sure my son's first concert isn't staring at the band's back the entire time with no ability to see a screen.

I'm sure anyone interested in this topic will already know the stage flipped - but just for informational purposes, the United Center website STILL shows the stage set-up as it was originally advertised.  Also, StubHub still shows the original orientation.

So - now, before I sell my subscriber pre-sale tickets, I'm going to call United to make absolutely sure the orientation is correct now.

lol - I guess I should have called before I bought the resale tickets.

The representative at United Center is telling me that section 116 is not behind the stage - it's to the side.  They don't have any information regarding the second stage - he couldn't tell me where it was in relation to my seats - only that the main stage was "right next to me -  you're not going to be looking at their backs".

So - I have 4 tickets.  I think 2 of them are behind U2, 2 are to the front - but I still have no idea which are which.

Section 116 and Section 108 - anyone have any info on which would be better seats?

Edited by RockHardly05

Wow. 

The original was this when tickets went for pre-sale for U2.com subscribers (and was so up until last week):

u2-seating-chart.png

And the new one is this:
63899s.gif

So for Sec 115, which is where I have 2 seats, I am now semi behind the stage. 

Not cool. 

The original red zone was always by the e stage though, so they didn't move anything else in the final setup.

Sign in to follow this