Hello,

Has anybody noticed the change on Ticketmaster's and Stub Hub's Chicago map? The stage is now on the opposite end (Section 117) instead of its original location (Section 106). If this is an indicator that they changed the location of the mainstage, I and most other ticket buys should be very upset. Ironically, some other ticket buyers should be pleasently suprised with their better view.

I am among those who are dissapointed about this sudden change. Or maybe I was just crazy when I bought my tickets and its been there all along.

Here is the current map

http://www.ticketmaster.com/resale/04004D798E4D21DC

Hey Apples, they just put up the actual stage design also (as opposed to the original onsale map) for the Montreal Bell Ctr on Evenko.ca (ticket seller for MTL, it's not Ticketmaster here).... Thank God though, the i & e stages are at the same ends as the original undetailed map/plan.

I think they must have done that, put up the proper detailed map/drawing, for all the venues after the bad PR brought on by the LA shows, flipped stages compared to original layout for onsale. I'm sure it was Live Nation that FINALLY decided to get their act together regarding that aspect of the tour, although pretty late in the game.  

I think that is always where the stage was going to be. I think the original plan was for the RZ to be where the catwalk met the e Stage.

I think that is always where the stage was going to be. I think the original plan was for the RZ to be where the catwalk met the e Stage.

That...

Hey Apples, they just put up the actual stage design also (as opposed to the original onsale map) for the Montreal Bell Ctr on Evenko.ca (ticket seller for MTL, it's not Ticketmaster here).... Thank God though, the i & e stages are at the same ends as the original undetailed map/plan.

I think they must have done that, put up the proper detailed map/drawing, for all the venues after the bad PR brought on by the LA shows, flipped stages compared to original layout for onsale. I'm sure it was Live Nation that FINALLY decided to get their act together regarding that aspect of the tour, although pretty late in the game.  

Like Jeff and Silverbullet said, the locations of the main stage and e-stage have not changed--BUT--they were never indicated at all on the original maps.  The original (super-unhelpful) TM maps just showed a long rectangle with the RZs on the right.  It took a lot of sleuthing by various folks to figure out (from ticket prices, limited view warnings, and finding the San Jose venue map) where the main stage and e-stages were going to be.  And in any case, what's changed are the RZs.

Like Jeff and Silverbullet said, the locations of the main stage and e-stage have not changed--BUT--they were never indicated at all on the original maps.  The original (super-unhelpful) TM maps just showed a long rectangle with the RZs on the right.  It took a lot of sleuthing by various folks to figure out (from ticket prices, limited view warnings, and finding the San Jose venue map) where the main stage and e-stages were going to be.  And in any case, what's changed are the RZs.

In the end I concur..... Mikeman your description of the 1st image is right (but we here in MTL w Evenko had the RZ on the left, our e stage is left, still is :) ) , seems that some people at the LA shows were convinced the stage had been switched on them, from the onsale to when it was showtime (according to the thread for that issue).. in the same vein, I noticed for most cities many people just did'nt pay close enough attention to the "obstructed view" warnings :P  

Le but premier de la tournée, faire un max de pognon!

Les plans imprécis diffusés lors de la mise en vente sont vraiment une marque d'AMATEURISME!!!

Il est inadmissible de la part d'un groupe et d'une société comme LiveNation de faire preuve d'un pareil manque d'EXPERIENCE!

Vu leur INNOCENCE, les pigeons/moutons que nous sommes seront les dindons de la farce!!!

C'est donc bien vrai... C'est effectivement un Innocence-Experience Tour...

Where are you seeing the revised map on Evenko, I am getting the same map that has always been there.  Map for Montreal DID change though on Stubhub and the orientation of the stages have completely flipped!

Where are you seeing the revised map on Evenko, I am getting the same map that has always been there.  Map for Montreal DID change though on Stubhub and the orientation of the stages have completely flipped!

Pop, you are right about the new layout now on Stubhub, was not there yesterday morning, but it is wrong. Evenko has the proper one, I would trust Evenko's site way ahead of Stub since they are the official sellers.... you need to go into the ''buy tickets'' screen to see the layout, here is the link, not sure it will work as it is a Flash link, either way, check it out yourself by pretending to buy tix  :)

https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventShopperV3.html?lang=en&preFill=1&skin=evenko&wr=63bd63d9-65fc-44af-8caf-00bb6c9c3303&_ga=1.191042858.189794561.1432002083 

Just checked, the link works as posted.....

Just advised Stubhub they have the wrong map (at13:15hr my time), should be corrected shortly

Edited by passenger789

i just posted to the montreal section.

I purchased 123 at 300 bucks a pop thinking being behind the red zone would mean close to the main stage. now everything has flipped around.  i'm beyond rotted. in case anyone was wondering here is the 2 different maps from evenko.

anybody else like myself get fooled when they purchased tickets? i'm beyond angry.

post-306834-0-67489700-1433353954_thumb.jpg

post-306834-0-98353800-1433353983_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Has anybody noticed the change on Ticketmaster's and Stub Hub's Chicago map? The stage is now on the opposite end (Section 117) instead of its original location (Section 106). If this is an indicator that they changed the location of the mainstage, I and most other ticket buys should be very upset. Ironically, some other ticket buyers should be pleasently suprised with their better view.

I am among those who are dissapointed about this sudden change. Or maybe I was just crazy when I bought my tickets and its been there all along.

Here is the current map

http://www.ticketmaster.com/resale/04004D798E4D21DC

I think its ridiculous how they did it. have you tried calling ticketmaster to see what they say?

Wow. Yes it did change.

The original was this when tickets went for pre-sale for U2.com subscribers (and was so up until last week):

u2-seating-chart.png

And the new one is this:
63899s.gif

So for Sec 115, which is where I have 2 seats, I am now semi behind the stage. 

Not cool. 
Edited by Brad Moist

No, it didn't change (for seats)--or at least, not exactly.  Rather, in the original (super-non-informative) TM diagram, it wasn't clear that there was a main stage and a b-stage at all, let alone which ends they were on.  This drove many of us (including me) nuts for some time, as, obviously, knowing which ends the main and b-stages were on is quite important when buying seats.  Nonetheless, it's more accurate to say that the original TM diagrams simply didn't indicate which ends would have the main and b-stages at all.  This also made it impossible to know where the RZs really were.  So what's changed, really, is that finally the TM diagrams do show this.

Alternatively, I suppose one could argue that the original TM diagrams seemed to indicate a single, horizontal stage extending the length of the floor--that is, some sort of an in-the-round setup.  What tipped me (and some others) off early on, however,  that there actually was a main stage and b-stage was 1) how the ticket pricing varied for different sections (e.g., with more lower-priced tix behind the main stage end than the b-stage end), 2) the "limited view" warnings on various sections, and 3) finding some better maps (the classic one being the San Jose map from the arena itself).  This info pretty much made it certain that it actually wasn't an in-the-round setup--and essentially revealed where the main and b-stages were (which the original TM maps certainly did not)

Any way you slice it, however, it was really not OK at all for the actual stage setup to be so unclear when tickets were sold--and relatedly, that it took a lot of detective work to figure out the main stage vs. b-stage arrangement.

Edited by mike7man

Please all, be aware of other discussions of same issue:

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/31137-important-stage-layout-is-reversed/

I too am a very disappointed long-time fan who has described the change like this. If the Forum (L.A.) was an elephant and the main stage was the head, when I was offered the best available pre-sale seat by Ticketmaster, I was on his right cheek the first night, left cheek the next. For me, that was worth $300 each. However. when I got there, my seat was on the left ass-cheek and right the second night. If THOSE were the seats offered me I would NOT have paid $300; I would have just taken my chances w/ General Admission.

These were my 12th & 13th shows. I don't ever go to sporting events, or any other concerts. I have a "U2 jar" that I save and save to get to go to these shows.

I still believe if the band had any clue this would already be resolved. I have a case open with Ticketmaster but they say it is in the hands of U2 management at this point.

I'm very upset about what's happened. First of all, I just printed my tickets and they say "Limited View" which absolutely was not indicated when I purchased them from Ticketmaster. Additionally, I carefully chose my seats, when I had many options, based on the seating chart that showed the main stage on the right side of the arena. Now, with the main stage on the left, I am directly behind it with "limited view". This is unbelievable. I am flying in from Boulder, CO to see this show and I can not believe these are my tickets. I called TM and got nothing. They said to call the United Center.  I was put in touch with Guest Services at the United Center and they said they didn't know what I was talking about and couldn't do anything (even though the receptionist who answered said she'd had many calls about this). But they also told me not to worry, that there was a screen behind me. Behind me!!! What good does that do?  I have to believe as distant-hum does, that U2 management will work with Ticketmaster to take care of this. It's just not ok to take hundreds of dollars from people and not be organized enough to let them get what they are paying for. As a long-time fan, this isn't what I expect from U2. I hope they'll make it right.

I am going to this Wednesday's show and I have a similar story. During the pre sale I bought tickets in Section 120 thinking I would be viewing the main stage from a distance and being right on top of the b stage. That very day I caught wind here that the Red Zone was most likely around the b stage this time around. Of course that is not how it ended up, but that was the thinking at the time. 

So I paid top price, except for $595 packages, and I will be directly on the side of the main stage. I am right across the aisle from people who paid $595. So I thought I was golden. I really feel sorry for my neighbors across the aisle who will have the same view as me and paid almost $300 more than myself. 

I called Ticketmaster back as soon as I realized my mistake and asked if I could exchange them for Section 103 which would give me the setting I wanted. There were plenty of seats there and you would think it would not be a problem. The woman I spoke to told me that the United Center was not one of the venues where they had the power to do this. I forget the term she used. Maybe it was something like preferred client. I couldn't believe it. This was six months ago during the pre sale. All the activity had died down from the morning rush as it was early afternoon. 

This is a complete mess. 

I will tell you another thing. I remember sections like 106 being around $230 and sections like 117 being $275. Even those prices were a clue that my interpretation was correct. What I am trying to say is it appears to me that they had the entire venue completely ass backwards. 

I'm very upset about what's happened. First of all, I just printed my tickets and they say "Limited View" which absolutely was not indicated when I purchased them from Ticketmaster. Additionally, I carefully chose my seats, when I had many options, based on the seating chart that showed the main stage on the right side of the arena. Now, with the main stage on the left, I am directly behind it with "limited view". This is unbelievable.

wendy_goldner, the original seating chart never showed the main stage on the right (it actually never showed a main stage end at all). It only showed that RZ was to the right. People just took this to mean that the main stage would be here (not a great assumption to make, considering for 360 the RZ's were nowhere near the main stage). So at no time did the main stage change ends. Those that really did research all the information out there (which was hard work, thank god for the San Jose map) accurately predicted where the main stage would be).

But it shouldn't have come to this. Communication has been extremely poor, accurate seating charts should have been supplied when tickets went on sale, not now.

Even more worrying, as you've started, when limited view warnings are only supplied after your purchase. This is totally unacceptable!

Best of luck, I hope you end up with a great seat, & have a great time at the show.

Please all, be aware of other discussions of same issue:

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/31137-important-stage-layout-is-reversed/

I too am a very disappointed long-time fan who has described the change like this. If the Forum (L.A.) was an elephant and the main stage was the head, when I was offered the best available pre-sale seat by Ticketmaster, I was on his right cheek the first night, left cheek the next. For me, that was worth $300 each. However. when I got there, my seat was on the left ass-cheek and right the second night. If THOSE were the seats offered me I would NOT have paid $300; I would have just taken my chances w/ General Admission.

These were my 12th & 13th shows. I don't ever go to sporting events, or any other concerts. I have a "U2 jar" that I save and save to get to go to these shows.

I still believe if the band had any clue this would already be resolved. I have a case open with Ticketmaster but they say it is in the hands of U2 management at this point.

Can you let me know how you opened your case with Ticketmaster?  I'm in the same boat in NYC with what I thought were great presale seats in Sec 213, which is now side of stage.  Thx

I just saw a ticket drop.

Section 122, 10th Row on the aisle. Absolute premium seats for face value from the vendor. 

Unbelievable. 

While I was looking most of those were snatched. But I could have had them. But then I wouldn't be able to get rid of my side view tickets for the same evening. 

For those who need tickets, you may want to look now. 

They sure did!  :angry:  :angry: They'll blame Ticketmaster.  You buy tickets back in December thinking you have great seats.  Now all of a sudden my eTickets from Ticketmaster have Limited View on them.  WTFFFF!  Who checks to see if the layout changes once you buy tickets!

The fact of the matter is that most the fans are so blind they don't get mad.  U2 is going to get paid a boatload and take our cash from this and being a website member all the way back to the days of printed Propaganda and go on about their business.  It's a joke to even sell the shitty view seats. 

U2, thanks for taking around a thousand dollars out of my pockets for tickets, hotel, gas and tolls to look at the back of your heads.  Let all the sheep comments flow in.

I'm quite upset as well about this change as well but anything on the main floor (aside from GA) is priced obscenely high.  I've been going to shows since 1988 and ever since then I was able to see more than one show during their stop in Chicago.  That luxury is gone now as even a decent pair of seats is well over $600.  I should be happy I'm just going at all.

extremely disappointed. Ordered tickets through sunscriber presale and just found out my tickets for night 1 in Chicago are limited view. there was no warning or disclosure that the tickets I was purchasing were limited view. I never would have bought those tickets having that knowledge.I purchased my night 2 tickets through my Chicago Bulls season ticket membership. I really would expect more from u2 in this regard. What is the point of me joining the membership paying that $ for early access to tickets only to be sold crappy tickets that could be bought at a steep discount to face from 3 rd parties. Low class move guys. Very disappointing.

Just sent that email to customer service though it doesnt matter it needs to be said.

BTOBIN,  for what it's worth I called Ticketmaster to complain.  They offered to exchange my tickets (after I had to tell them that there were main floor seats still available).  They offered me section 111 row 2 right in the middle.  However, I would have to pay the price difference of $368 for two tickets.  I declined but perhaps you can do the same if you have the funds.

I can't justify spending what almost amounts to a mortgage payment for two tickets to a U2 show.  I've been to 24 shows in the past and it's sad that the times have changed where LiveNation and corporate sponsors rule how much you pay and where you're allowed to sit if you've been a member of the fan club for over 25 years as I have.

are refunds being offered for this in Chicago? I bought secs 229 and 231 at initial on sale thinking I was furthest from stage with a direct sight line according to that tm map. now I am side stage and behind the stage according to new map?

wtf U2.

Sign in to follow this