Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Montreal Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

#U2ieTour Monteal Shows 1 & 2 - What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of The Night? (Choose up to 3...)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Show 1

• The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • Ordinary Love
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  2. 2. Show 2

• The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • Lucifer’s Hands
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

Two great shows in a beautiful city. Glad we chose Montreal. We have been here all week to experience the city. GA last night, seats tonight. Wonderful shows.

Not sure how many noticed Bono quietly said loudest crowd ever then stood back and shook his body as if he had a chill he was certainly sincere Montreal shows/crowds always are emotionally enthralling events

The mysteriousdays audio was loud and clear, thank you!!! The show, unbelievable getting to hear, "Lucifer's Hands" and Angel Of Harlem, Bad. The show had this incredible power and emotion behind it. Bono's speech during Pride, that intensity...then on to Beautiful Day. Epic show! Who said this was more like an experience is right and I wasn't even in that arena, incredible!! 

Liked the fact that LH's appeared on the tour last night. Love it and hope it reappears in the tour.

Just back from the two shows. AMAZING. For me, a nod has to go to Saturday's show simply for its inclusion of Bad. Hearing a world premier of a song was pretty cool. And Angel of Harlem was just a lot of fun with Edge on the electric and the audience member coming up to finish guitar duties.

I think they did a great job in the first set of setting up a solid narrative of their Dublin youth. Having seen U2 25+ times now, I certainly understand the complaint that many of us "repeat viewers" have with the static setlist, but I really think that first set works great. I do think songs 2 - 4 could be swapped out every second show without adversely impacting the theme (Vertigo and I Will Follow could be switched up All Because of You and Gloria and still keep the rocking start; Out of Control and Electric Co. are already being swapped.)

Set 2 ... I think they could really mix that up from night to night: Even Better and Mysterious Way...I don't think those two need to be played together, every show. It would be nice to hear at least one song from No Line on the Horizon: Magnificent or I'll Go Crazy (album version). Songs that occupy slots 5 and 6 are already being swapped out and it would be easy and good for them to keep those songs completely different for each night of 3 + multi-night stands.

Bullet the Blue Sky - get rid of it! I have to say that the "updating" of it to focus on the "Hands-Up" and "I can't breathe" just doesn't have the same relevance in Canada (It's going to be interesting to see how it changes when they hit Europe.) And tone down the ranting during Pride. The crowd's participation dies out and for me, both nights, Bono's rant just went on too long and diminished the song's - and the rant's - power. Both night's Bono's vocals on Every Breaking Wave were just amazing. I think the duo version really allows the power of his voice to shine.

Previous to Friday night I would have thought that One was un-droppable. I have to say that I didn't miss it at all.

In truth, those are all minor quibbles. After not having seen them since Moncton the nights were just fantastic and U2 has once again set a new standard for staging (just incredible).

See you in Toronto!

The poll won't allow more than 1 selection per show (I suspect it's because a radio button is being used rather than a check box.)

The poll won't allow more than 1 selection per show (I suspect it's because a radio button is being used rather than a check box.)

fixed to allow multiple votes :)

I am still in awe at the amazing and memorable concert I experienced on Saturday night!!!  As a poster stated, it was an AMAZING night.  There was so much power and energy between the crowd and U2 that it is difficult to explain to those who were not there.  To hear "Bad" played for the first time in my concert experience was just amazing.  To also experience the world tour premier of "Lucifer's Hands" seemed like a gift to us in Montreal.  And to experience the pure emotion of the audience singing "One" with the band was breathtaking.  To be able to hear music that was influenced from childhood experiences to songs that we all love made the journey from the innocence to experience in this show so much more amazing, emotional, and memorable.  Thank you Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry for making this such a memorable experience!!!  You can come back to Montreal anytime!!!!  :)  

Not sure how many noticed Bono quietly said loudest crowd ever then stood back and shook his body as if he had a chill he was certainly sincere Montreal shows/crowds always are emotionally enthralling events

Bono left the stage with tears in his eyes...it was that emotional...I was there and I teared up too...

Looking for 3 & 4 and I can't find it...These 4 shows in Montreal were a union of minds and souls...I can not say anything more...U2 can call Montreal Home because we feel they are part of who we are now!

Edited by manon amos

Sign in to follow this