Sign in to follow this  
jenskar

Innocence vs Experience nights, any difference? Plus Up vs Lower Bowl

Seeking information:

Is there a difference between night one and night two in any of the venues?  Innocence vs Experience evenings?  I've read the press, want to hear from people who've been to shows.

Seating question:

I have 1 night lower bowl MSG side of stage row 18 and 1 night upper bowl MSG, middle section, row 4.  Am thinking to sell one night unless shows are really different between Innocence and Experience.   Cannot decide which seats are "better" ... any thoughts appreciated.

Those of you next to the stage -- how much time do they spend at the main end?  Did it bother you?  

Thanks

The difference is that they play like 6 diferent songs , but the show is exactly the same . 

Yeah, no innocence night & no experience night. Just very minor differences each night, a couple of changes early in the set performed on the main I-stage, a couple of changes performed on the minor e-stage, maybe one or two more changes.

I'm struggling to understand where your seats are. Not sure if you're still basing your descriptions on that hopeless TM map. For MSG the stage layout has a main stage located near section 112, a minor stage located near section 102, a catwalk & a screen that you really don't want to miss.

So I'd definitely recommend aiming for a seat at the sides of the arena (near sections 107 or 117). Corners would be decent, but I'd definitely NOT recommend the very arena ends (near 102 or 112), as views may be very limited . Obviously lower bowl is better, but I'd rather upper bowl sides than lower bowl ends.

Thanks!  

Side lower bowl section 109, row 18, mid row so to the side of the main stage and probably just a bit too far to the right to love these seats, but probably good for catwalk and rest, yes?

Upper bowl section 224, row 4 so smack dab in the middle, so further away, but equidistant from everything.

I would like to know who made the decision to label the 109 section tickets side of stage AFTER purchase -- MSG, Live Nation?  After sitting right behind a leg with my first pair of fan tickets during 360, I almost didn't upgrade my membership this year ... managed better tickets on that tour through things like a Meadowlands ticket list and a UNLV alumni sale.  

Side lower bowl section 109, row 18, mid row so to the side of the main stage and probably just a bit too far to the right to love these seats, but probably good for catwalk and rest, yes?

Upper bowl section 224, row 4 so smack dab in the middle, so further away, but equidistant from everything.

Depends what sort of experience you prefer.

109 will put you closer to the band for much of the show, you're far back enough to seemingly enjoy the screens, and will only be far from the action when they are on the e-stage.

224 will let you see the whole experience, and you are positioned perfectly, but you're not closer to anything. However, you are just as far from the main stage as the e-stage, and centered on the screens. So, from the perspective of taking in the whole show as a complete experience, that seems like a good seat.

So, comes down to whether you rather be closer to the band or want the "experience," really.

I would like to know who made the decision to label the 109 section tickets side of stage AFTER purchase -- MSG, Live Nation? 

That's on the band, really. It seems like tickets went on sale before they knew exactly what they were doing as far as the stage size, etc. The band has to inform the venue/ticketing sites about this stuff in advance so they can put it into the ticketing system. Of course, it's not like pulling decent tickets was easy during any of the MSG on-sales, like we were just clicking on the map as to where we wanted to sit. ;-)

haha, yes it truly was, especially for the first on-sale, a matter of did you get lucky enough to get ANY seats.  and, by the time the second on-sale happened, I did go for the "experience" seating.  still can't decide ....

Sign in to follow this