Sign in to follow this  
cathycritter

Did anyone buy Red Zone ticks for MSG, but NOT on Ticketmaster?

I'm obsessed with the possibility my RZ ticks for July 26th at MSG won't have any of the special perks they are supposed to have because I bought them from Vivid Seats and am not the original purchaser; and thus information about when to show up, chance for backstage tour, what entrance, perks, etc. will not be sent to me (as has been sent to other Red Zoners I've read about in other cities)-they will be sent to original purchaser who must remain anonymous to me as per Vivid Seats. I talked to Vivid and Ticketmaster and even Stubhub and everyone tells me that even if the ticks say Red Zone and say VIP (which they do-I have actual hard copy tickets), they may only get me into the event, but not any of the other perks. Also that if the seller did not mention standard Red Zone perks in the comments when you buy the ticket, then you are not getting those perks-which is crazy since the RZ ticks are being sold now for thousands. I thought all Red Zone ticks had all the perks, that is what they are by definition. :(

So I'm curious if anyone is in the same boat as me?? Did you buy Red Zone from another place like Seatgeek, Stubhub, Tickpick, etc.?

Edited by cathycritter

We are in the same position with our tickets.  We bought our Red Zone resale tickets through Ticketmaster for the same show, but it's the same story.  I have spent hours on the phone with Ticketmaster (both VIP and Resale departments) and VIP Nation trying to figure out how the resale Red Zone tickets are going to be handled at the door since it's a unique situation.  I am told the same thing, that it is only the ticket and none of the perks...but no one seems to know exactly how it will be handled that day.  We are sick about it too since we paid so much money for these tickets.  We are hoping we can enter along with all the other Red Zone ticketholders.  I attended the Denver shows and did Red Zone once and it was amazing.  Either way, you will have an amazing time.  I think as we get closer to the New York shows, we will find out more info.  Please post as you find out anything and I will too!

Thanks so much for posting, I thought I was the only one in this situation!!! I too spent useless time with Ticketmaster VIP and Vivid Seats who were basically like, can't help you.

*I did find out a few tiny pieces of info. Everyone (Tmaster, VividSeats) kept saying to contact the venue, contact the venue. I'm thinking sure, like anyone at MSG is going to give a crap about this problem or know anything! Well, I found some customer relations number for MSG and there was a prompt for VIP questions. I got a human on the phone and described my ticket and asked what does VIP3 mean that is on the ticket. She kept putting me on hold and then getting back on. First she said they were probably just some random letters. :rolleyes: I explained that they were RZ1 tickets and actually were supposed to be VIP so it's likely that VIP3 did mean something. I played dumb and said I got the ticks as a gift so they wouldn't grill me about whether or not I got them from TMaster. Finally she gets back on the phone and says it means.....drum roll....that you would go in a different entrance. Finally! Some confirmation that someone at MSG will recognize these tickets mean something special in some way! She said the entrance would be on 33rd/8th Ave. as opposed to 33rd/7th. So if she is right-though I am not convinced there still might be a problem-we will indeed get the perk of having a separate entrance. :) She also confirmed the other obvious RZ things like barricaded area near the stage. Backstage tour she said she doesn't know about and I didn't ask her about concessions. I forgot to ask her how early we can show up, and whether we get wristbands. I was still in shock from hearing that she said there was indeed a separate entrance! (To me that would be the final assurance we have "real" RZ ticks-if we get this mysterious wristband!) She also said something about getting a special souvenir ticket "which you already have." I was like, well, no, unless she means the regular old ticket I have?!

*I was browsing Ebay to see if there were any pics of actual tickets like I had that people were selling, to see if there was anything similar out there. I found one. This one looks like mine except it says RZ2, which I understand means another side of the RZ, and VIP3PR which is interesting-wonder what PR means. Also interesting is that in the notes on his listing, he does not list any special perks. He just says it's RZ. I have a pic of the tick but it's not letting me post it here. Maybe I can message it to you.

*When you go on TMaster on the U2 homepage,they list VIP Packages as you probably saw. If you click on "The (RED) Zone" one it takes you to that list "U2 VIP packages".  Along with VIP Party Package/U2 California Sunset Package and VIP Fan Package, there's the (RED) Zone Ticket which lists all those perks we've been hearing about. So does the ticket itself constitute having the Red Zone "package"?? This is the big question!

*Finally, at the bottom of that page you probably saw some confusing words: "For Party Package & (RED) Zone purchasers, tickets will be issued at the designated VIP /(RED) Zone check in location (or other designated location at the venue) prior to the show on the date of the event only. CHECK-IN LOCATION & TIME INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED OUT 3-5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. Party & (RED) Zone packages are will-call only except for in the state of NY." So does that mean in NY only we can get the tickets ahead of time and just show up with them and we don't need check-in location and time information? Maybe in NY it's totally different and drama-free?

Then these ominous words: "All sales are final. You must bring a valid PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER/ATTENDEE NAME on this order. Those who cannot present a photo ID matching the PURCHASER name on the order will be turned away." Which of course for us makes no sense since we have the ticket in our hands and there's no purchaser or attendee name on the ticket or an order or anything else. And "This offer is not valid if tickets are purchased through TM+. U2 Packages CANNOT BE RESOLD. Please reference your confirmation email after your purchase tickets for the most up to date information about the package you purchased." Which for us is useless since we will not get any confirmation email, and we may as well substitute any ticket broker for "TM+" and assume the offer is not valid?? And packages cannot be resold. Well, we bought the tickets from someone else so they were indeed RESOLD. So WTF?

So there you have it! Now I refuse to think about it anymore until it's closer to concert time. I am guessing: that our ticket will get us into the RZ, via the VIP entrance. Because it says VIP. And I think just by getting us into the Red Zone, means we will have anything that's in there like private concession. I think maybe we won't get backstage tour possibility, or souvenir ticket because those seem tied more to the "package" thing. So, hopefully we will get most of what we want to get. :D :D :D

Have you learned anything more about your tickets?  Just a little over 2 weeks out, so let's keep in touch on what we learn on our Red Zone resale tickets :)

OK – I too am in the same boat –

I bought my ticket for myself for a ridiculous amount of money off EBAY. The seller has been very nice and has been texting me which eases my mind a little bit… He was not able to “transfer” the ticket from Ticketmaster so he had them send him the actual ticket and upon receipt over-nighted it to me.

Like you guys, my ticket says Admission” VIP3PR” and Section/aisle RZ2. There is no name on the actual ticket…

The seller advised he asked about the ID and Credit Card checking situation and they said if it was a gift there is no way to check?? Hmmmm

I’m just curious about the email that people are supposed to get 4 days prior to the show with line up directions etc…a lot of posts indicate photo id check and a spate envelope being handed out by “emma” and this concerns me…

I’m sure people going this Saturday night 7/19 have received their email and only wish I could see what it says… please post if anyone gets an update…. I’m going on 7/27

Thanks!

I've been browsing about this in Red Zone Experiences but I'm still confused. Not many folks seem to have a hard copy ticket. They're all talking about e-ticks and barcode. I posted this in the RZ Experiences topic, posted again here (with minor edits) in case it helps whatsoever!

All this info has been super helpful. As more folks report their experiences we are getting a clearer idea! Do I have the following correct for Madison Square Garden Red Zone procedures so far?

*For Red Zone questions we can contact Emma at 818-445-4353. She may not respond unless you contact her day of the show, but she might and texts seem to work.

*At this point it looks like any RZ ticket holders (e-ticket, hard, barcode on phone, etc.) will be able to line up in RZ area and be let in at the same time (hopefully?}

*RZ ticket holders go to 31st/8th street entrance.

*Offical RZ check in is 530 but it's advised to get there earlier, like 4, to secure a good spot on line.

*When RZ is let in you can then try to get good spot in GA or go right to RZ.

Is this right so far?? Now can anyone answer the following?

*What is the deal with wristband and what do they entitle you to? IF someone has a ticket and they are not the original purchaser, will there be any problem getting a wristband or being let in along with all other RZers? In other words are resold RZ tickets treated in any way differently than any tickets that were originally purchased? Will only purchasers with proof of original purchase on Ticketmaster be given wristbands and commemorative tickets? And finally are hard tickets that have been resold treated differently than e-tickets or barcode tickets (which seem to have more traceable ties to the original purchaser?)

*For those with resold tickets will they be getting this mysterious email from Emma with information as to where to go, when, etc.? If they do not will this impact their RZ experience in any way?

*Is a RZ "package" different than simply a RZ ticket? Does a package have extra perks? For example is the chance to be chosen for backstage tour limited to packages? By wording on various places it seems like a package is different than just a ticket.

*For those who have hard tickets does your ticket say VIP on it somewhere? Do all RZ tickets say VIP?

Edited by cathycritter

OK – I too am in the same boat –

I bought my ticket for myself for a ridiculous amount of money off EBAY. The seller has been very nice and has been texting me which eases my mind a little bit… He was not able to “transfer” the ticket from Ticketmaster so he had them send him the actual ticket and upon receipt over-nighted it to me.

Like you guys, my ticket says Admission” VIP3PR” and Section/aisle RZ2. There is no name on the actual ticket…

The seller advised he asked about the ID and Credit Card checking situation and they said if it was a gift there is no way to check?? Hmmmm

I’m just curious about the email that people are supposed to get 4 days prior to the show with line up directions etc…a lot of posts indicate photo id check and a spate envelope being handed out by “emma” and this concerns me…

I’m sure people going this Saturday night 7/19 have received their email and only wish I could see what it says… please post if anyone gets an update…. I’m going on 7/27

Thanks!

Just FYI if this helps- I have hard tickets only and texted the mysterious Emma at MSG who actually texted me back. I asked her if I have hard tickets (and no other documentation) would I be treated as any other RZoner. She said "if you have the tickets in hand you should be fine." I then asked if I would get a wristband and where we should enter. She said I will email you the info. I gave her my email address yesterday but haven't received an email yet. :-(   So I don't know if I will get this info before Sunday, but I am still hoping!

Sign in to follow this