Sign in to follow this  
Brian Parsons

Meeting Bono in Ottawa

I was able to meet Bono on Monday when he came to Ottawa to meet with our leaders.

Justin Trudeau was very kind and gracious and invited me in to his meeting with Bono for a little chit chat and photo opp. Bono was very nice. I have ALS and had been advocating for enhanced compassionate care benefits which we successfully got in the federal budget. Justin was very supportive. Was very cool. Spent maybe 5 mins chatting with Bono. Told him we were at the concert in Montreal on Saturday and his face lit up and he started to say how AMAZING that show  was, the people were so loud and the energy was incredible! He loves playing Montreal.  

Told him I'll be at the show tonight. he said "See you on Wednesday."

Oh!  And I asked if he would do "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight", but he took a deep breath and said "We havn't played that yet, I don't know  if it can be ready by Wednesday, but I'll put it in my notes." He said he could definitely be ready by July 19 when we see them in NYC.

post-292155-0-32607500-1434556075_thumb.jpg

post-292155-0-44691200-1434556114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian Parsons

Oh!  And I asked if he would do "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight", but he took a deep breath and said "We havn't played that yet, I don't know  if it can be ready by Wednesday, but I'll put it in my notes." He said he could definitely be ready b y July 19 when we see them in NYC.

great story and photos and memories Brian, thanks for posting. Sleep like a baby tonight.. wow...

Thanks for sharing! What an exciting moment, to be able to talk 1-1 with Bono!! Thanks for sharing. Love hearing about how Bono lit up to talk about the show.

Sign in to follow this