Sign in to follow this  
redsoxsrule

Boston general admission policy

Has anyone heard yet how the Boston general admission line is going to be handled by the venue. Wil. They be doing what they have some before by handing wristbands out and telling you to come back before 5pm?

I hope they will in the next days tell us something specific for u2 and updated.. the first one who has news please inform the others.. ;) see u there soon.. soooo excited...

Found this TD Garden venue policy sheet, not specifically for U2 . http://www.tdgarden.com/docs/GA_info.pdf

I'm concerned about the "no cameras of any kind". Point and shoots without interchangeable lenses are always kosher for past tours.

Seems as though they may do that for U2 also. Sorta remember something like that for other shows I've seen there.

Also waiting to hear about Boston info :)

Attending show July 10th in GA, hoping to do meet and greet July 11th

I remember this policy for GA on the Vertigo tour. It was great. Hoping they definitely do it again.  And hoping to get a last-minute GA for one of the nights!!!

Any updates yet about GA?? I'm going to the 14th show and wondering how early I should get in line. I saw them in Philly for 360 and got a wrist band the night before and a #. Came back the next morning around 5:00 a.m. and waited in line for 12 hours!! Was in second row on the floor for the show. I don't want to get that crazy this time but still want a decent spot on the floor.  Any suggestions? Does anyone know if wristbands and #'s are being given out? Any suggestions. Thanks!

Someone posted this on U2interference.com so please understand I'm not putting this out there as fact:

"This was posted by Saint1322 on @u2 - he/she contacted TD Garden re: GA policy and received this reply:

"Our policy for GA is giving wristbands in the morning and then returning at an assigned time to line up according to the number on the wristbands. At some point, in the morning or when lining up, they will use a random number, so no need for lining to be here early. We are in a train station and surrounded by government buildings, which does not allow for 'camping out'.You can check back closer to the concert for exact times and to make sure the procedure will be the same. Enjoy the show."

I would also like to know what this means. Random draw for 1st spot in line??

Edited by jwaldrop

They wanna do like for the Springsteen concert in Florence. You arrive, they give you a cronological number (i.e. you arrive after 33 persons you will have number 34), then they extract a number, for example 176, so the person with 176 will be first, than 177, so on.. when you arrive at the end of the given numbers you start again from 1-2-3, in this case it means that every number can be VERY lucky or VERY unlucky. I don't like this method 'cause it's unfair. You arrive late, take number 155 and go first in line, you arrive early and will be at the back of the line.

Anyone living in US can call the TD to have the updated policy (sorry but I live in Italy)? Could you ask at what time they give you whristbands? :)

Edited by lauretta1979

this is bullshit.

why does boston have to be the one city to screw this whole thing up?

random line. seriously? This isnt going to fly with the hundreds of fans planning on lining up.

i dont believe this anyways. Theyve done normal GA in the past. no reason they'd change policy suddenly.

Ok better for anyone ;) I was just explaining what happened in the past Boss gigs. I also twitted the Td Garden, no answer yet.

I just copied and pasted from a forum on another site, so it's not reliable.  I want to know the facts as well!     If anyone else hears anything definitive, please post!!

Random numbering does not sound fair at all; and given the fact that most venues have been doing the wrist banding (that Boston started the pattern for on the Vertigo tour), why would Boston all of a sudden switch to a random numbered system? I understand given the Garden's location that they really can't have people lining up for long periods or camping, but I thought the sequentially numbered wristbands of 2005 were the perfect solution.

GA's all about putting the time commitment in. I've only been able to get to GA lines in the past in early afternoon, and have still managed to get great spots five or so rows back from the rail--granted it's not always great for a person that's 5'2" like me, but still amazing. I'm able to put in the early time commitment this time around and really want to get a rail spot (given there's so much of it I didn't think it would be too hard this time), but why bother if I could really end up at ANY place in line come 5pm. 

Go on Twitter and look what @U2 had written about GA in Boston:

-staff will not organize the line

-fans can do it @own risk, NOT BEFORE 6 AM

FYI: Per TD Garden Staff - For #U2ieTour Boston, NO staff will organize GA line until closer to doors open. All lineups are at your own risk

I asked them about wristbands/times/ecc and they said:

@xxx: It's up to the fan who decides to run the GA line. The CS agent was very specific to say Garden staff not responsible.

Hope it helps, I would have preferred staff line instead of self organized one..

Edited by lauretta1979

Just saw this post thanks!

I sure hope we'll be able to get our spot, go chill somewhere, and get back in line at 4 or 5 ish. That's what most other cities have done, right?

How many previous cities have had the 'fan run' GA lines?

Edited by jwaldrop

I just called the garden and was told they will be giving out wristbands. No mention as to whether this was a "fan run" thing...sounded pretty officially planned to me..

I have 2 little kids I'll be dragging in with me early to pick up the wristbands, so I hope I get the right info! Family adventure

Edited by maryanneknasas

@jwaldrop: that was my idea ;) i don't know about other cities, sorry..

@maryanne: this is confusing me.. i don't think wristbands are from fans, in that case the news should have popped up on zootopia. At what time will you be there? I think to go around 9 am.. is it too late?

Can't find any info. All the phone numbers I can find for the TD Garden result in a dial tone.

Does anyone know how the numbers have worked in the past? If there are four of us, and only three of us in line, can the remaining one person get in with us in our place in the numbered line later? U2 community take care of its own, or is it a goat rodeo?

I'm personally getting to the arena at 8 or 9 Friday morning with my son.  I'm going to get the lay of the land.  We might check in Thursday afternoon to get a definitive answer on how the GA line is being or going to be handled.

I am HOPING we can get our wristbands, and be able to leave (to do touristy stuff) and come back to line up at 4.  

News that any spot on the floor is a good one helps ease my anxiety (a little bit.)  I want my son's first concert experience to be a good one!

Can't find any info. All the phone numbers I can find for the TD Garden result in a dial tone.

Does anyone know how the numbers have worked in the past? If there are four of us, and only three of us in line, can the remaining one person get in with us in our place in the numbered line later? U2 community take care of its own, or is it a goat rodeo?

If the numbers are assigned and then you can leave it's no problem for anyone, but if as I suspect the persons who are organizing the line want you to stay there all time, no one can come later, otherwise all the line will kill you and i'm serious..

@jwaldrop:if u know anything sure about how they handle the line can you please post it here? I'm arriving from Italy on Thursday night so got no time to do it myself.. :)

Edited by lauretta1979

i've seen them many many times before. this is the first time that im conflicted on where to be on the GA floor. by the  main stage or by the "e" stage... being on the rail is nice, but theres so much of it, it doesnt really matter. i have a few days to decide still.

I'll be in the city for some meetings Wednesday and Thursday and plan on stopping by the Garden to check things out. I'll post here if there are any further updates or details. Good luck everyone and see you Friday.

Andrew

Is it possible to get into GA WITHOUT a wristband? I would be interested in finding this out. I have a 2 year old I'd rather not drag out to wait in line at 8am if I don't have to! I understand this limits my access to the best places though...

Sign in to follow this