Sign in to follow this  
redsoxsrule

Boston general admission policy

I'll be in the city for some meetings Wednesday and Thursday and plan on stopping by the Garden to check things out. I'll post here if there are any further updates or details. Good luck everyone and see you Friday.

Andrew

Andrew, if you have a chance, could you ask about Red Zone too (yes, RZ people line up too for the best rail spots).  I'd love to go early, get a wristband, see something of Boston and come back to line up before the show.  I'm flying in on Thursday night.  Thanks so much!

Hey Peggytwoten, I'll see what I can find out. My goal is to just scope the scene for tomorrow. I suppose seeing people line up 3-7 days in advance on 360 - I'm talking to you Montreal and Moncton!!! :) - gives me the itch to check it out.

That said, I don't plan to "enter the line" so to speak until Thursday night or super early Friday if one has begun. I always enjoy the mingling and seeing old faces from past shows.

In any case, I encourage folks with questions to let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to ask at the venue/box office tomorrow. I plan on stopping by mid afternoon.

I also encourage those looking for activities during show days to check my "things to do" list in the "places to eat, drink, etc." thread.

Andrew

Andrew, I don't think they will allow any camping or queue until 6am of Friday, so the TD Garden has replied to @U2. Anyway, if you have a chance here are my questions:

-at what time can we begin the line?

-is it possible just to have a number on Friday morning then go away, relax a bit and come later? If yes, at what time in the morning and in the afternoon should we be there?

-at what time the doors open?

-are they giving wristbands for the line or the wristbands are only given by staff to divide GA South and North?

Thanks a lot Andrew! If you hear speaking Italian in the queue It's gonna be me so if you want come and say hello :)

Ciao Lauretta. Good point about the 6 AM policy - I did see that elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll check back in tomorrow. Safe travels.

Excited for my first trip to the Red Zone at the TD next week. But looking at the seating chart, it seems GA is "better?" Am I missing something?

Will the wristbands they hand out in the morning be numbered and will that mean you can leave and return later??? Would love to be able to get a late lunch and use bathroom before getting in line. Waited in line all day for 360 and vertigo but this time would love to do things before show.

Edited by redsoxsrule

Dudes I think all of us want the same (not to stay in line all day) but we have to wait and see what they are organizing for us. At the moment we have lots of questions and a few answers, so keep calm and let's see.. Just to tell you, a friend of mine who attended the LA shows didn't line up, arrived when the doors were opening and reached the first row, but during the shows he and others I know moved backwards 'cause they said the front row is not good to see and listen (bad audio, and you see the fab4 only sometimes). I trust them so maybe only for this kind of show, not in general, i'm not sure the line is worthing.. but of course we wanna see with our eyes, wouldn't we? ;)

FYI - I was in Chicago for a fan organized line and it went really well.  No issues at all.  Showed up on the morning of the show at 6am - got a number assigned - left - came back for 4:00 check-in.  I think it's better if the venue runs it because it's less work on the fans running the line (those poor folks were there 24x7 for all of the shows).  But if it does turn out to be done by the fans - I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.

Hi everyone, psyched to see U2 so soon! 

Does anyone know what's the policy for credit card tickets? Like will we able to get paper tickets before going inside or we'll have to wait until the doors open to scan our cards? :)

On my way to the Garden to ask questions. Get back to y'all shortly.

Andrew

Thank you at721!

I am interested to find out where the fan-organized GA line will start (before 6 AM) because I am ready to camp. I know we can't camp on property, so does anyone know what the off-site will be?

Walking over now. Will try to get all questions from the thread answered.

So unfortunately not too much new info from the box office people. Didn't seem like there was any security around to get any more info either. The box office employee who was very helpful did have pages of written details for procedures specific to U2 so it's hard to tell if there will be any flexibility/deviation from that plan.

Anyway, they expect to give out wristbands at 8 am on Friday morning with the expectation you can leave for the day and come back at 5ish PM. The employee said they typically do a random draw for 1st in line, so I gently prepared her for the possibility that will likely piss off those who might do a fan-run line...

Red zone does not necessarily need to come early as they get separate wristbands for what was described as a separate line for entry from regular GA.

The only other major detail is about cameras and bags (quite unhappy about this one) - the employee said they are limiting cameras not only based on detachable lens, but also lens length. I've always used my Sony superzoom point and shoot at U2 shows so not sure how that will work. Additionally (and this blew my mind), I was told absolutely no bags of any kind. In other words, the venue is deviating from their standard policy posted at every box office window explaining that small bags (such as small purses) are OK and subject to search. In my case, I was curious about a camera bag, and the employee said, "you'll have to fit it in your pocket." Haha, wtf TD Garden?!?!

Oh, and BTW for ANYBODY COMING FROM OUT OF STATE OR ABROAD: The garden does not permit sale of alcohol to anybody under the age of 25 from out of state who does not have TWO FORMS OF PHOTO ID. So bring your license and passport if you can (or some other photo ID). As much as this policy is wonderful when the Bruins play the Habs (kidding, much love Montreal) the rule itself has got to be one of the dumbest policies in existence.

Anyway, good luck everyone and see you Friday!

Andrew, thanks a lot, you were very helpful indeed, happy to know i can go around during the day. Quite worried about the small bags issue.. If you have a mobile, a wallet, and some other stuff that cannot enter all in your pocket but you need them?? Uff.. hate this.. but I repeat, thanks for the advise! :) see you on Friday!! :)

not surprised about bags and backpacks.... considering the recent past.

So unfortunately not too much new info from the box office people. Didn't seem like there was any security around to get any more info either. The box office employee who was very helpful did have pages of written details for procedures specific to U2 so it's hard to tell if there will be any flexibility/deviation from that plan.

Anyway, they expect to give out wristbands at 8 am on Friday morning with the expectation you can leave for the day and come back at 5ish PM. The employee said they typically do a random draw for 1st in line, so I gently prepared her for the possibility that will likely piss off those who might do a fan-run line...

Red zone does not necessarily need to come early as they get separate wristbands for what was described as a separate line for entry from regular GA.

The only other major detail is about cameras and bags (quite unhappy about this one) - the employee said they are limiting cameras not only based on detachable lens, but also lens length. I've always used my Sony superzoom point and shoot at U2 shows so not sure how that will work. Additionally (and this blew my mind), I was told absolutely no bags of any kind. In other words, the venue is deviating from their standard policy posted at every box office window explaining that small bags (such as small purses) are OK and subject to search. In my case, I was curious about a camera bag, and the employee said, "you'll have to fit it in your pocket." Haha, wtf TD Garden?!?!

Oh, and BTW for ANYBODY COMING FROM OUT OF STATE OR ABROAD: The garden does not permit sale of alcohol to anybody under the age of 25 from out of state who does not have TWO FORMS OF PHOTO ID. So bring your license and passport if you can (or some other photo ID). As much as this policy is wonderful when the Bruins play the Habs (kidding, much love Montreal) the rule itself has got to be one of the dumbest policies in existence.

Anyway, good luck everyone and see you Friday!

Hey- serious about the alcohol policy?? Are you kidding?? I dont think I have 2 photo IDS -im not bringing a passport- insane rule!! Imwould be so pissed if i walked in with one and could not buy a beer!! Have to work on this now- thanks for all the good info-coming in Friday from Long Island--

To purchase alcoholic beverages, a patron must present a valid MA driver’s license, MA liquor ID, passport or military ID, which indicates the patron to be a least 21 years of age (MA ID cards, duplicate licenses, expired licenses, damaged licenses and driver’s licenses, which do not have photos, will not be accepted). Out of state licenses are acceptable only if the patron is at least 25 years of age and another form of identification (e.g., credit card) will be required if the patron is between 25 and 30 years of age. - See more at: http://www.tdgarden.com/td-garden-policies/#sthash.AWihm7NI.dpuf

From TD website- sadly I am over 30----- I'm free

Jethronh - I completely understand large bags and backpacks, but the venue usually allows small bags and camera cases/bags. That's the frustrating part. Oh well, maybe they'll be a bit flexible.

Nitz1 - thank you for pulling up the proper alcohol policy. I didn't realize a CC would count for verification. Nevertheless, yes, it is a strict policy that is always a point of frustration. Sorry out of towners - guess we just like to keep our booze to ourselves...

Andrew any word on whether we'll get the physical GA tickets before going in? 
Thanks so much for heading there and sorting stuff out

For the Chicago shows, GA didn't get a physical ticket, unless you count a paper receipt as a 'ticket'.

They scan your credit card right as you enter the venue and it prints a piece of paper, which you then handed to one of the people at the tables right outside the floor after you picked what side you wanted. For the first show we didn't show up until after 7pm and were still only one back on the e-stage rail. For night 2 we just hung back by the center so we could see the screens. If you're into being super close to the band I think the e-stage is way better than the main stage, but you're really missing the amazing visuals. Even if you are all the way back at the center, when they're out on the catwalk you're no more than 25-30 from them. 

I've read there is already a list being created with a 'line'. What a joke. A random draw would get rid of this ridiculous sense of entitlement some of them have. 

Sign in to follow this