Sign in to follow this  
redsoxsrule

Boston general admission policy

BOS 1 GA ticket drop now! Dont know about 2 3 and 4 go get em!

Edited by nitz1

The alcohol policy has been in place in Boston for at least 10 years now, it's nothing new. The bag policy makes total sense, but it's definitely frustrating if they won't allow small purses or camera cases in--especially if they would have searched them anyway. It does seem like The Garden employees have all been given different information though, and even their general policy says, "Guests are also reminded that bags, backpacks, luggage, laptops, coolers, parcels, briefcases and like articles will be strictly prohibited from the facility. All guests will be subject to search, at TD Garden’s discretion, of their person and/or possessions (including women’s handbags of normal size that may be allowed entry after such search)", and there's no adaptation of that on the U2 section of their site that bigwave posted yesterday. While I wouldn't suggest anyone risk getting turned away tomorrow (or another day), it might be worth bringing what you would want to take in along with you to get your numbered wristband and ask if it would be allowed. Otherwise, I'm hoping my friend wears cargo shorts.  ;)

More TD Garden Policies: http://www.tdgarden.com/td-garden-policies/

FYI.  I commute by train everyday and there is already a line forming as of yesterday morning.  I think there were seven people camped out this morning, assuming for tomorrow's show.  They are on the Nashua street side of the Garden.

For what it is worth, the West side of the Garden where the website says the check in area is the side with the statue of Bobby Orr. Its past the statue towards the Charles River/Storrow Drive.

Just got an email from TD Garden . They say that security will issue numbered wristbands starting at 8am each day in the foyer of stair 4,just past the box office on the west side of north station. We will be able to line up there again at 5pm.Gates will open at 6pm.

Right now, We are actually outside on Nashua St. North of TD center underneath bridge. Supposed to move closer at 8.

We got here about 6:45 and we are spots 92 & 93. 20-25 people behind us as of 7:25 am

Just an FYI after getting wristbands:

1. All point and shoot cameras are allowed. Only DSLRs with detachable lenses are prohibited.

2. Small purses and camera bags are allowed.

3. Line up between 4 and 5 PM at the doors under the scaffolding on the walking path from Causway St. To Nashua St. (Bobby Orr Statue side of the Garden).

Just an FYI after getting wristbands:

1. All point and shoot cameras are allowed. Only DSLRs with detachable lenses are prohibited.

2. Small purses and camera bags are allowed.

3. Line up between 4 and 5 PM at the doors under the scaffolding on the walking path from Causway St. To Nashua St. (Bobby Orr Statue side of the Garden).

We got here about 6:45 and we are spots 92 & 93. 20-25 people behind us as of 7:25 am

I'm surprised there aren't more people on the list, honestly. Have fun at the show! I'll be out there on Tuesday. No GA until the NYC shows though.

What happens if you can't get to Boston by 8am of the wristband process? I'm never very lucky in the wristband thing anyway. Can you still get into GA when the gates open? I have a GA ticket but only bought it because it was the cheapest one I could afford. I don't care about being upfront. I just want to see the show, without a lot of hassle. I was in the inside circle during the last tour and had a bad experience. I don't mind being on the outside but don't want to be shut out if I show up later in the day.  

What happens if you can't get to Boston by 8am of the wristband process? I'm never very lucky in the wristband thing anyway. Can you still get into GA when the gates open? I have a GA ticket but only bought it because it was the cheapest one I could afford. I don't care about being upfront. I just want to see the show, without a lot of hassle. I was in the inside circle during the last tour and had a bad experience. I don't mind being on the outside but don't want to be shut out if I show up later in the day.

Got my wristband at 11am and ended up 2nd row off rail just off e stage. You should be totally fine!

I walked up at 7 pm and went in with no wrist bands and when I arrived to the floor about 10 minutes later (thanks for all the stairs) I was standing behind 1 person on the rail. I did this to show my wife that there is no need to be in line at 8 am. We moved around all night and had great vantage points throughout the show. Bought beers, used the RR and still was able to walk right up to the B stage (about 3 deep) at just about any point of the show. I like the way they designed this stage setup because it means you don't HAVE to be on the rail and in line at the crack of dawn, unless you are determined to be on the rail. Best U2 show I've ever seen. GA finally and it was so worth it and I didn't have to arrive early. Perfect.

I will never have reserved seats again. Absolutely epic. Moved around a lot and got terrific photos. Check them out on my Instagram brupars. :-)

So what is the deal with how this works? Do I need to go at 8 to get my wristband or can I show up around 5 to get it? Are the wristbands numbered and then is everyone put in line based on the number? So if I get wristband 1, am I first in line? Or is it random? Finally, what time do doors open? We want to get there somewhat early, but I'd rather not be in line at 4pm if doors do not open until 7. I'll be with my wife who is pregnant and she certainly is not going to want to stand from 4pm all the way until the end of the show. Any input is appreciated! Thanks.

you can get a wristband any time you want. they give them out prior to doors opening.  beginning at 5 they ask you to line up by wristband to keep the line order in control. Then they start letting people in to swipe their card and get an official wristband for north or south side of the floor.

once all wrist banded people in line through the door, you can literally walk up and go in no GA line wristband is even needed. Its only prior to doors opening that you need it.

not random. when the doors open they start at the beginning of the line.

be there at 4 to "prepare the GA line, get in order", doors dont really open until 6. then you go in and sit around until 8:15... so if you wont want to waste all afternoon. dont go and get a wristband, because it means standing in line for hours.

you can walk in at 7pm and be 2nd row on the floor. no worries.

i've gone to boston 1 and 2 and spent over 12 hours waiting in GA, and got front row on the rail (great), but tonight im going with my wife and we are going to walk in at 7pm and still be close enough to see the whites of thier eyes. she doenst want to stand around all day either.

Thank you for the reply Jethro. I am shocked to hear I can stroll in at 7 an still be 2nd row. Any advice as to where to stand? And how long did they play? A friend who went Saturday, but when I called TD Garden to ask start time, they said they play from 8:15 until after 11.

Quick question, how closely do they check IDs at the gate? My buddy bought two paperless GA tix and broke his ankle and can't go, so he was going to give me his cc and ID to get in. I'm guessing they don't scrutinize too much???

Edited by chaos

Quick question, how closely do they check IDs at the gate? My buddy bought two paperless GA tix and broke his ankle and can't go, so he was going to give me his cc and ID to get in. I'm guessing they don't scrutinize too much???

You shouldn't have an issue whatsoever.  They never checked my ID.  They just swipe the credit card.

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone getting their ID checked, just credit card.  Bummer for your friend and how nice for you!  

Sign in to follow this