Sign in to follow this  
Brian Parsons

Looking for Toronto GA tix (2)? Making an appeal

Hello Hello... I'm looking for 2 GA tickets for tomorrows Toronto show (July 7th).

I'm a huge fan of U2.  Unfortunately this will be my last U2 tour, so I'm trying to see them as much as possible. You see, over 2 years ago I was diagnosed with ALS, which is a terminal illness. 80% of people with ALS die within 3-5 years. So I feel certain this is my last U2 tour.  I was at the opening show in Vancouver and just saw them in Montreal where we had floor tickets and I went with a group of friends and my wife and daughter.... it was an amazing night.

For me U2 is more than music. It's a movement, a passion for life. A calling even. Inspirational. Because I have ALS and also a political background I started advocating with ALS Canada and lobbied the federal government to enhance compassionate care benefits to help families struggling with the economic burdens of ALS. We met with dozens of MP's including Justin Trudeau, the finance minister and the Prime Minister’s Office, and was thrilled when the government extended the compassionate care benefits from 6 weeks to 6 months in the 2015 federal budget.

As I lobbied for these supports I would often ask myself... "How would Bono sell this? How would he position our ask?" He's a very effective communicator and advocate. He certainly provided me with guidance and leadership by example. I took my cues from Bono and applied them successfully to my own advocacy on the Hill. So when Bono came to Ottawa last week to meet with political leaders, Justin Trudeau graciously invited me to his meeting with Bono, knowing I'm a huge fan. It was such an incredible moment to be able to spend a few brief minutes with my hero and inspiration. I was also lucky to have “met” Bono in Ottawa back in 2004 for a 15 second photo op. The next year during the Vertigo Tour  Bono pulled my then 9 year old son up on stage in Montreal during Sunday Bloody Sunday, to chant “NO MORE!” which was pretty mind blowing! That was the day after U2 performed in Ottawa on my 40th birthday!!

Why am I saying all this? Well, I’m making my case and proving that I’m a die-hard true fan with an unusual circumstance and a passion to talk the talk and walk the walk.  If you are uncertain on what to do with your Toronto GA tickets, hopefully you will consider selling them to me. J

Thank you.

Brian

post-292155-0-22708700-1435334224_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian Parsons

Did you get GA tickets?

Here's my dilemma. I have 4 ga's and two section 118 row 28.

The cost of the section 118 was 298 each when I got them in December.

I bought 2 gas in the presage and panicked and bought the section 118 on general sale day thinking this was all I would get but a few minutes later I picked up 2 more gas.

I called ticket master to let them know what happened and that I wanted to return the section 118. They said there is a no refund policy and also they threatened to cancel all or some of my tickets.

I was fuming as I was trying to be upfront and honest. As it turns out they have not cancelled any of my tickets as of yet.

I asked the mods on here and they said I should be okay.

So the thing is I now have two extra tickets and am trying to sell my section 118 on here at face value but have not had any luck yet. 600 bucks is a lot of money to me and I am afraid I will loose this money if I don't sell them.

So if I don't sell them by next Tuesday I will be sitting in those seats and may have two spare gas.

I really am hoping to sell these 118's cause I don't want to suffer the loss but if I don't I maybe just maybe be able to meet you on entry and sell you my spare gas.

Thanks CathalB44, I just sent you a PM.

Thank you for reaching out to me. I can appreciate your dilemma. The pre sale process was quite restrictive unfortunately. It's always a panic buying U2 tickets. I appreciate your offer but it also presents a dilemma for me. Because I live in Ottawa I would have to make travel arrangements and because of my ALS I require some  accommodation assistance. If I was already in Toronto I would have more flexibility but because of the logistics involved I am holding back unless I can get floor tickets and experience them up close. I was supposed to be upfront in Montreal on the 17th but traffic was terrible and it took four hours instead of two to drive to Montreal from Ottawa so I was too late to get there early and missed out on my front row experience and I am trying to make up for that. So you see, I can't really wait to see if you sell them by tomorrow  afternoon.

Have you tried to sell your sec 118 seats on stub hub?  At face value you shouldn't have a problem selling those seats. GA is a great way to see U2. You will have a great time!

So, I guess I'm still looking for GA's...

Brian

If you are still looking I pulled up single GAs a few minutes ago for night 1. See if you have any luck!

Hey I've been looking too and was told at the ACC there will be one more drop tmw am. Best of luck.

Sign in to follow this