Sign in to follow this  
johngurhy9

Bono in Boston

Hey guys ...lifelong U2 fan... But have never been able to get a photo with him... Have travelled to Boston to see the shows! What is my best plan to get him?!

Outside 4seasons. Or the Ritz. Outside where they stay.? ? He also walks BOSTON COMMMON.

I have none. But several near misses.good luck

No. and please refrain from posting information about where they are staying here in the board. Please consider and respect their privacy...

Ah go away max will ya... I ve spent thousands of euros over the year travelled the world for them!! What harm is it standing outside their hotel?

money, time and/or mileage spent doesn't give anyone privileges...

Try to catch them at a sound check - this worked for me in Phoenix. We started waiting around 11 AM and they came out to greet fans around 3 PM or so both days. Good Luck! It is really such a rush to see them in person.

I can only tell you what worked in Phoenix... After lunch on concert day 1 (around noon), we went to the concert venue & looked for people standing around. We stood and waited with them and around 3 PM, Bono and Adam arrived, and then came out to meet people and sign autographs. I couldn't get close enough that day because by noon, there were already a lot of people waiting.

Day 2, we did the same thing, but we arrived around 11 to start waiting. I was able to get right up to the front of the rail that day, and around 3:00 again, The Edge came out to meet & greet and I successfully got my tour program signed.

I hope this helps!

Thank you!!! Wish me luck!! I met him at someone's house when I lived in Nashville in the early 90's. I'm sure he'll remember me

Has anyone been able to meet Bono before sound check in Boston?  There doesn't seem to be any photos of him signing like at other shows.  I did see people waiting in front of the venue on Friday and Saturday.  Hoping to go hang out there on Tuesday or Wednesday if there is a chance.

Unfortunately due to construction at the Garden, the band have been requested NOT to stop on their way in for sound check.  And so they have not been.  

Unfortunately due to construction at the Garden, the band have been requested NOT to stop on their way in for sound check. And so they have not been.

Thanks for the info. Just my luck!

I know, such a bummer!  Anyway that is what security outside the Garden told me.  Are you in Boston and free to wander around? Who knows!

Yesterday and today are the two days I couldn't do a meet & greet if there was one, and low and behold I missed it yesterday!! With my luck I'll miss one today too! I was up in the balcony last night and my heart broke when the girl that got pulled up on stage was standing in the exact E-stage spot I was in on Saturday (and she didn't have an awkward security guard blocking her view the whole time)! All in all though, so happy to have been in the room, and generally that close to them! Next tour (and it better be soon) hopefully I'll get meet & greet time!

Sign in to follow this