Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Boston Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • I Will Follow
    • Vertigo
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • Ordinary Love
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • The Hands that Built America / Pride (in the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Mother And Child Reunion / Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One
    • "40"
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bad
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • The Hands that Built America / Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion / Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

These for sure were two very special nights, and we want to know how you experienced them...

Share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

Thanks!!!

Both nights were amazing. Bono took us to church!  They played the best version of I Will Follow I've ever seen last night. I loved getting Ordinary Love on night 1.  Incredible energy.  So glad I was there!  Can't wait for nights 3 and 4.  

Due to real life (AKA my job/work), I couldn't go to these two shows even though I had originally planned to. I watched via Periscope whenever possible and listened on Mixlr the rest of the time. The shows seem to be getting better and better! Is it just me, or does Bono seem to really be connecting more with the audience this tour?

My sister and I went to the July 10th (1st) Boston show. We had the most incredible time! Spent some time @ McGann's prior to and after the show hanging out and having a blast with all the U2 fans who were at the show!
The boys from Dublin made the night so personal. It was an honor and a pleasure to spend some time with these incredible performers!
Thank you U2...YOU ARE ROCK AND ROLL!!

This show was better than the U2360 tour at Gillette. You just can't get the sound in a stadium. This concert was so special. Loved it so much it left me wanting more and more!
Thanks for coming to Boston - we love you!!

I am going to be a bit of a downer and thought the show was good but nothing special.  I do not at all like the new album so 7 songs from that is probably a part of it.  But the whole thing going through Bono's childhood with these poor new songs.....they made their first 3 albums about basically the same thing.  Maybe break some more out of those and cut down the new stuff to 3?  Seemed not as much like a band with so much Bono-centric stuff.  And when they played Even Better in the cage it killed their energy.  U2....in a cage.....  

Not a fan of no Bono singing One.  Pride can just go away please.  Very predictable show with the band seemingly going through he motions.  Only during Bad did the band seem to lift out of their doldrums.

I know the band is 53-55yo and we are on the downhill slide.  And it is not fair to compare to shows from 83 and the like.  But this was my least favorite show easily.  But a mediocre U2 show is still a good show by any band standards.  

Flame suit......engaged!

swanny66, I'm curious where you sat?  Or stood? That makes such a difference for me.  But whatever - everyone has their own experience and opinion of each show!  

I was in loge 11.  The fans around me were awesome and Boston crowds are great.  The band was so split up half the time with Bono doing his thing and all.  Just wasn't up to U2 standards.  Unfortunately, a couple of buddies from Chicago called today and asked what I thought.  They sad 'Yeah...we wanted to tell you but not ruin it for you.  We are not going to another show of theirs.  PJ, Muse, Foos blow U2 doors off'.  I would have gone either way as I was flying in from MSP but they are die hards from the War era and they too were disappointed and felt like they were just going through the motions.  So it isn't just me!

Edited by swanny66

HERE IS A NEW TOPIC PAGE FOR ANY ALL , REVIEWS , THOUGHTS , ETC ON BOSTON , NIGHTS 1-2-3-4....

U2jerry, here,  For me night 1 was the overall better show , the set list a little heavier , the 4 song encore and of course BAD......BUT MY SHINING MOMENT was enjoying the show with my 14 yearold son , his first.

our group this night was 8 , and 4 people were first timers. All were completely blow away buy the - U2 EXPERIENCE-  and several want to go to another show. On night 1 , the crowd singing the entire song ONE 

as BONO guided us along , but I must admit on night two as the crowd  sang ONE again   it much louder..More so, I was shocked they did this back to back but a nice touch.

Night 2, our group of 16 went...different set list and always welcome changes especially those spur of moment ones, BAD was just unreal , a LIVE_AID flash back , walking along the wild side and realizing 28 years of seeing these boys 

over 30 times in 28 years just was so incredible as I remember working the day of LIVE AID , my VCR [wtf ??haha.] rolling and running home , blown away - WERE AN IRISH BAND ....WE COME FROM.....and 12 minutes later I was 

hooked for life,By far the bands biggest moment and put the on the so called map,  the song BAD also has a personal meaning for me as my only  brother passed some years ago, so the back - to back - playing over two shows  was one of my greatest U2 memories of all time. So now on a lighter note,

night 2 had the crowd energy early and an fantastic late half of the show but a downer was only a 2 song encore. I found out later that S.H.F.W.I.L.F , was to be the song the crowd sang  or The Troubles and then end with ONE.  they ended at 10;45 so there was time for another song or two....but in the end a small gripe for an amazing show.

Major props to the Band for the #BOSTONSTRONG............and BONO acknowledging the 23 shows ,and  Boston being like a second home.....It was fitting for night 1 &2.

this fan is taking a pass on show 3, But will be in the house closing night !.. 

peace, u2jerry

You need new friends...kidding...Chicago to me was amazing. As well as everyone around me. They will never play like they did during War.

I will gladly take any tickets you don't want to use....or any future seats you don't ever want to fill.

I personally don't care if they are going through the motions, some people love the new album, and admittedly yes you are a downer for those who haven't gone yet....at least your friends waited to tell you. Just saying...

Edited by badsilver

Pride is amazing btw. Not a fan of One but will sing if they play it, but I do tend to skil itnin the car. Why would they play only three new songs on a tour for a new album? I for one don't want a greatest hits show. Blah. Thank God opinions are just that...

Edited by badsilver

Yeah, I just can't buy it that they are going through the motions. They sure don't look or sound like they are!  I have heard Bono say in interviews that they have an understanding with their fans: fans will support them and in return, U2 promises never to "just call it in" at any show.  I sure don't think they were calling it in!  Not to convince you, Swanny66, but just to tell anyone else here who is on the fence what my experience was.

And hey - you got any GAs for Boston 3 you don't want?  :-)

Pride is amazing btw. Not a fan of One but will sing if they play it, but I do tend to skil itnin the car. Why would they play only three new songs on a tour for a new album? I for one don't want a greatest hits show. Blah. Thank God opinions are just that...

Well, did you ask them that during 360?!  Check the setlist on the second leg of the NA tour and count the NLOTH songs.  2 in MSP and most other stops.  You must be a noob  :D

Again, 99% of the fans will like what they put out there.  Just felt weird during that show and the flow was mediocre. Just my (and my friends') thoughts.  

i thought 7/11 Boston was the best sounding rock show I have ever been to...the band was enjoying themselves.  I was more disappointed with the lame fans in Red Zone....never again...GA all the way...fans are more intense 

After a long time since 360 it was really great to see the band again. My only two shows I am able to attend thus far was Boston 1&2, to hear Bad both nights was really special. First night was GA and I danced like no one was watching for the whole show, got completely lost in the music ! 2nd night awesome seats and a totally different experience! Got to enjoy more of the whole production which was amazing. Loved how they used the screen with Big Head Judas spitting water on tiny Edge. Sound was awesome from both Spots. Hope this baby gets more legs and hits in Pittsburgh....

Edited by hicksong

Well, did you ask them that during 360?!  Check the setlist on the second leg of the NA tour and count the NLOTH songs.  2 in MSP and most other stops.  You must be a noob  :D

Again, 99% of the fans will like what they put out there.  Just felt weird during that show and the flow was mediocre. Just my (and my friends') thoughts.

No, not a Noob. The reason they cut back on the NLOTH songs was that they were playing more from achtung to promote its rerelease that fall. I believe. ? It is okay though. :) i was dismayed that my last Chicago show everyone sat down in the 300s (maybe as it was sooo high up for some people - we are getting older afterall - dizziness is common!). I guess I should have seen them on the floor! Next time maybe! Have a good day either way!

stupid question warning:

sorry, i haven't been paying attention lately do to work overload and i'm also in the middle of moving, but do the 7:30 shows start on time and about what time do they end? transportation planning for the weekend!

thanks in advance

They have been starting between 8:10 and 8:30,  ending by 11 or before.  

thanks - so i could probably get an 11:30 train 

Sign in to follow this