Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Boston Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • I Will Follow
    • Vertigo
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • Ordinary Love
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • The Hands that Built America / Pride (in the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Bad
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Mother And Child Reunion / Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One
    • "40"
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • Bad
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • The Hands that Built America / Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion / Where The Streets Have No Name
    • One

I think it was a really good show. I am a big U2 fan and liked the new songs live. Much better than listening on my iPod. Trying to see if I can find tickets for Wednesday. I feel like Boston my home city really does it the best.

Hum....I have my own page running here. I know there is a main page for posts as show occurs and there after BUT    ??????

WHERE ARE THOSE BOSTON U2 DIEHARDS.....?

well anyway show 3 for me tonite, #4 -Boston  7/15, another review post from me - yet to come

HERE IS A NEW TOPIC PAGE FOR ANY ALL , REVIEWS , THOUGHTS , ETC ON BOSTON , NIGHTS 1-2-3-4....

U2jerry, here,  For me night 1 was the overall better show , the set list a little heavier , the 4 song encore and of course BAD......BUT MY SHINING MOMENT was enjoying the show with my 14 yearold son , his first.

our group this night was 8 , and 4 people were first timers. All were completely blow away buy the - U2 EXPERIENCE-  and several want to go to another show. On night 1 , the crowd singing the entire song ONE 

as BONO guided us along , but I must admit on night two as the crowd  sang ONE again   it much louder..More so, I was shocked they did this back to back but a nice touch.

Night 2, our group of 16 went...different set list and always welcome changes especially those spur of moment ones, BAD was just unreal , a LIVE_AID flash back , walking along the wild side and realizing 28 years of seeing these boys 

over 30 times in 28 years just was so incredible as I remember working the day of LIVE AID , my VCR [wtf ??haha.] rolling and running home , blown away - WERE AN IRISH BAND ....WE COME FROM.....and 12 minutes later I was 

hooked for life,By far the bands biggest moment and put the on the so called map,  the song BAD also has a personal meaning for me as my only  brother passed some years ago, so the back - to back - playing over two shows  was one of my greatest U2 memories of all time. So now on a lighter note,

night 2 had the crowd energy early and an fantastic late half of the show but a downer was only a 2 song encore. I found out later that S.H.F.W.I.L.F , was to be the song the crowd sang  or The Troubles and then end with ONE.  they ended at 10;45 so there was time for another song or two....but in the end a small gripe for an amazing show.

Major props to the Band for the #BOSTONSTRONG............and BONO acknowledging the 23 shows ,and  Boston being like a second home.....It was fitting for night 1 &2.

this fan is taking a pass on show 3, But will be in the house closing night !.. 

peace, u2jerry

I was at shows 1&2 and I felt #1 was stronger. But I was on the floor in front of the Edge for Show 2 and I cannot believe the difference in seeing U2 that way. If I had the same seat for Show 1....Wow.. That would have been a life altering experience. I was in the balcony for Show 1...Loved the show.I am headed back for Show 4 tonight and I have GA. Gonna try to nail a spot at the E stage..

We were in the red zone for Show 2, it was amazing.  Probably my second favorite show, first being an indoor Zoo TV show in Providence.  Personally really like the new stuff, I think it blends well with the older stuff very well.  I do agree with the critique of the playing in the screen being a bit confining, sorta stifles what the band can do.  But I kind of get the idea, bring more of the performance closer to the middle of the arena and the higher level seats.  And that's what this show does really well, pull the whole crowd in throughout the arena.  Highlights for me we I Will Follow, probably the best I've ever heard them perform that.  Out of Control also a favorite.  Nice touch with the One sing-along to finish.  You do get the sense that they do really like being in Boston, crowd was really into the show start to finish.

As for the Red Zone, we got there about 6:30, grabbed spots second from the divider pretty close to the stage.  Had North Side, so Adams side.  He was great, spent a ton of time right over near us.  Yeah there were some people in there who weren't totally into it, but they hung back and there was a good group up front who were as into the show as the GA people.  The nice thing is that when they moved to the E stage we just ran down to that end of the floor in the GA area, worked up to about 10 back from the stage and got a great view of that set(including the kid getting pulled up to play and keeping the guitar, how cool!).  Knew when that set was ending and ran back and got our original spots back, so worked out very well.  If we were in GA I doubt we could have moved around and got back up front very easy.

Assuming we'll see them back for a second leg, hopefully after Songs of Experience gets released and we'll be back for sure!!

I was at both shows. The band was great and the crowd had good energy. The lads looked like they were having a lot of fun, particularly night 2. WOWY with shine like stars was awesome.

They were having a great time at show 2 because their families were there right in front of me. I couldn't help to think how cool it must be to watch your dads rock out onstage. Bono's son Elijah kept the beat just like dad did back in the Red Rock days....that was a dead giveaway plus he looks just like him. Edge's son Levi was into it also....so cool to see the whole family enjoying being together.

Edited by Ann-Marie

Pride was AMAZING with #BostonStrong popping up on the screen. Also 40 was a nice surprise on night one as it was not originally on the setlist. Overall an amazing U2 show. Plus it was Norman Hewson's first U2 show if I heard Bono correctly.

u2jerry - yes, the diehards, they are still around, but many have families and other obligations. Some touched base even if they couldn't be there, and some tried but failed to get workarounds in place to be there - I was lined up for 5 and made 2. The world has changed, but I saw many faces of diehards I know and those I don't, though certainly not as many as you'd see in a stadium gig. The new generation of diehards (post-2000) are fairly visible as well given their active web presence. That said, getting the break through on the singing along was tough, at moments I thought it was getting near acceptable levels, and I screamed my lungs out at my 2nd show at one point in an effort to get people to go louder. I'll get my disjointed bits of reviews up soon.

Sign in to follow this