I think the new mix is great. I hope they either post it for U2.com members to download or make it available to purchase. 

Havent heard it yet, i've been not listening to anything until i go myself. After the 360 EBTTRT mix which was great! i may have to have a gander...

It's Gavin Friday's remake that was released on Ahk-toong Bay-bi Covered with the Q magazine December 2011 issue.

It's Gavin Friday's remake that was released on Ahk-toong Bay-bi Covered with the Q magazine December 2011 issue.

yep, it's off of the Ahk-toong Bay-bi. Love it. 

Thanks! I have it. After hearing it live, I like it a lot better.

Pretty much every track on that CD is a winner. I'm usually not a fan of tribute recordings, especially when I love the originals, and I think most U2 covers sound terrible, but that CD is pretty amazing. The different pairings of artist to song are fantastic.

Pretty much every track on that CD is a winner. I'm usually not a fan of tribute recordings, especially when I love the originals, and I think most U2 covers sound terrible, but that CD is pretty amazing. The different pairings of artist to song are fantastic.

I agree! Great CD :)

Isn't it the Gavin Friday mix but with Bono's vocals? 

I believe Gavin Friday is singing. It's a cover.

Isn't it the Gavin Friday mix but with Bono's vocals? 

I believe Gavin Friday is singing. It's a cover.

Yes I think you're right. I know GF did a cover of the song but on the YouTube version I listened to it sounded like GF's mix but Bono's voice. I've since listened to another on YouTube and it's not Bono's voice after all. Deafness in my old age :) 

It's both Gavin and Bono singing. We met Gavin at the airport in NYC and asked - he said they've mixed both of them together

It's both Gavin and Bono singing. We met Gavin at the airport in NYC and asked - he said they've mixed both of them together

Hey perhaps I'm not so deaf after all.. :) 

Wow, how did I miss this when it came out? Just downloaded the album and am listening.  Love it!

OK, now that I have listened to the whole Ahk-toon Bay-bi all the way through....I just love it!  And Wild Horses has always been one of the 4 or 5 U2 songs I just didn't like at all, and I LOVE the Garbage version. That version gets the sharp edges of the lyrics in a way the U2 version just doesn't for me.  What a great album!

I also downloaded the Ahk-toon Bay-bi and loved it. It is a great album.

It's a great album BUT The Killers Version of Ultraviolet is rotten! 

I don't mind the Killers, and i love Ultraviolet but it's just an awful cover. Totally wasn't Brandon Flowers Style at all.

Edited by CraigFairlie

Some of the songs work and some don't. Zoo Station isn't bad, Mysterious Ways is horrible, Jack White's Love Is Blindness is great.

Some of the songs work and some don't. Zoo Station isn't bad, Mysterious Ways is horrible, Jack White's Love Is Blindness is great.

Agreed.

Sign in to follow this