Sign in to follow this  
jhf81

MSG GA Line

How early should 1 get to MSG for a # for GA Admission to the show that night? Any suggestions would help! Thank you!

Depends where you're looking to be during the show. 

I've been getting there in the afternoon and wound up around #200 for doing so, which was good enough to be about one person back just about anywhere.  The two stages and catwalk take up so much room on the floor that there's room for over a hundred people to be standing against a rail somewhere. 

Other people have just been coming in at 6 or 7, around when the doors open, and are still getting really good spots in many cases next to or right behind people who had waited hours.  It seems completely possible to show up at 6pm or even as late as 7pm and still have a really good spot.

On past tours, I've felt that waiting in line for hours and hours really helped with getting the best possible spot, but just with the way this tour is staged, that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case.  The band also don't stay in one place for very long.  Let's say you wanted to be in the very front of the main stage - they play the first five songs of the night there, and probably the last five songs of the night there, and then they're on the catwalk and smaller stage for the rest of the show, so it ends up being a really good view there for part of the show, but not for all of it.  That's been my experience no matter where I've stood over the past few nights, each spot has a good view for a portion of the show but no one spot has a great view for the entire show.

as everyone says- depends on where u want to be.

if u want to be on the rail you really need to get their in the morning, early. same with being up in mainstage area up close.

but... the band moves all over that long stage. Some songs they play on the catwalk. 

I went 7/22-- stayed at the fairfield overlooking MSG with a rooftop bar and we sat there late pm and watched the queue. 

We got into the end of the line about 6:30 there were prob 500 people or so. I walked right up to the small stage... there was one person in front of me. She was #10 and had been waiting since the night before. 

The small stage is only about 4 feet off the ground, and 4 feet from the rail if that. North side has a shorter distance to the rail than the south side due to the cameras. Bono dumped water on us. We were very, very close, and didnt have to wait.

To be clear: i'm 5'8 and i couldnt see anything on mainstage. You also don't see much of that really cool video screen.

But, being that close to the band is the way to go, imo.

Yesterday I got in line at 6:15 PM - no previous check in - and ended up second in row from the second stage. It's the closest I've ever been to the band.

Just to update my earlier comments - yesterday I didn't get to MSG until 6:30, and ended up about four or five back in front of the main stage center on Adam's side. The person I was standing next to had #13 and had waited a lot longer. So I got almost as good of a spot with no wait. If you don't need a rail you can show up a LOT later.

on 7/19 I arrived at 7 and had only one person in front of me and then the rail. great view for some of the show. on 7.31 I arrived at 530 waited online for 1 hour and got # 246,( didn't matter at that point) and got 2nd to person after rail on the e stage. great view and being close to the band for a large portion of the show. I am from new York an I noticed something even at previos shows. the ga ines are tame here.. you can arrive when doors open an still get a great spot.  I arrived earlier on 7/31 since it was the last  show and didn't want to take a chance.  when I was at the meadowlands during the 360 tour I arrived at 430-5 and still got very close. one day I will wait on lne for the rail but I am just as happy being 2nd  to the rail. interesting I wonder if it is because there are no parkig lots in nyc.  for some reason  I feel like that plays a role but I  may be wrong. anyway I had a vastly different crowd around me at 7/31 show...  I got tickets for 7/19 from the presales but 7/31 I got from stubhub . great concert but people around me were , lets be nice and just say obnoxious. I was yelled at for holding up a sign to bono for like 30 seconds.

great concert but people around me were , lets be nice and just say obnoxious. I was yelled at for holding up a sign to bono for like 30 seconds.

You mean the people behind you wanted to see Bono and not the back of your sign?! Crazy New York audiences...

Sign in to follow this