Sign in to follow this  
Victory2g

MSG Box office/ cancellation line experience

Heard about the success some have had with box office drops, so a group of us showed up at MSG yesterday around 330pm. There were already ~30 people in line, and as we approached show time, it grew to perhaps 200+ (apparently the word is out about this method). $280 seats were available to anyone who was interested, but it seems the vast majority of people were not interested in those. Finally, at nearly 8pm, maybe 4 people got GAs. I waited until I saw on twitter that the band had already gone thru Miracle, GLoria, Vertigo, and I will follow (one of the best chunks of the show IMO). I wasn't interested in paying for 2/3 of a show, so my wife and I left empty-handed. Not sure if more GAs were released, not that it would have mattered.

Another interesting thing was that the TM app stopped selling tickets at 6pm - a full 2 hours before showtime. My assumption is there were many resale tix (including GA) that went unclaimed. My advice to folks looking for last min GA... if you arent in the very front of the cancellation line... don't waste your time. You'll only get verbally abused by the MSG staff for no reason.

Having said that - if anyone has 1-2 GAs for tonight (7/27) - we would GREATLY appreciate it!!

Ticketmaster always stops sales online and through the app two hours before showtime. Sorry to hear you didn't get tickets, but there was a drop earlier in the day yesterday and from what I heard, there were about 30 GAs sold then. Other nights, it sounds like quite a few people got tickets close to showtime. I also heard that some nights, once it got really close to showtime, they were selling the $312 seats for $100. Box office drops are all very hit or miss at MSG. 

There was a ticket drop at the box office as i stopped there this morning at 11am.. Tickets in upper sections as low as $50 but of course, as soon as I got there, the box office said they had just sold out!

My assumption is there were many resale tix (including GA) that went unclaimed.

Ticketmaster doesn't own the resale tix. The original purchasers do. So if, as a reseller, you don't sell your tickets before the cutoff, you can still use your tickets. Ticketmaster wouldn't have the right to resell them at that point, since they wouldn't know the plans of the original purchaser.

Sign in to follow this