Sign in to follow this  
u2brands

Which celebrity on stage european IE tour?

Which celebrity and when will go on stage with U2 during the european IE tour, like Lady Gaga, Bruce and Paul Simon in NY? Foo fighters 15/11 in Paris? Muse 13/9 in Amsterdam? Or no one?

Hopefully none. I always feel like their trying to show off like "hey look at us, we're friends with so & so." If I wanted to see Springstein live, I'll buy a ticket to one of his shows. I'm at a U2 show to see U2.

Probably no one. NY had 8 shows so the band decided to bring up celebs to mix it up.. No other city had that happen. 

I think you'd have to look at perhaps London, maybe Paris where there will be celebs 'in the house' as it were. For me I'd love Lykke Li to be at shows to sing Troubles - that'd be perfect. She's more likely to be at the European shows than US.

London shows i think Noel Gallagher would be a good shout.  He lives in London and is a massive fan who usually attends U2 concerts when he is not touring himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lykke Li makes an appearance Mark, I think she lives in Sweden so easy travelling for any European destination and she took the time to film that piece for the shows, there are a few potentials over here, artists the band are into etc

Edited by Rhi_K

Ha, ha. There are no great british artists these days. They'll not want to roll out Elton John ffs. Gary Lightbody (from Northern Ireland) and his Scottish counterparts that make up Snow Patrol, working on new stuff - might feature? :D

Bob Geldof... any of the Live Aid crew who are still alive... Radiohead would be great... and Edge did play with Muse at Glastonbury...

The Queen, Prince Charles... a knighthood for The Edge ha ha....

bet quite a few Olympians will be in the house...

I could quite happily go with Matt Bellamy joining them for Streets at The O2...y'know, after Edge joined Muse at Glasto like annodominii2015 said above...

On the positive, Edge alludes to two years on tour 6 to 8 months at 1hr mark on the latest U2.COM podcast. I think it's pretty good listening.

On the positive, Edge alludes to two years on tour 6 to 8 months at 1hr mark on the latest U2.COM podcast. I think it's pretty good listening.

*Crosses fingers for a gig at London's Olympic Stadium* 

*Crosses fingers for a gig at London's Olympic Stadium* 

Absolutely. Good shout. I'm hoping the Irish gigs will be penciled in for next summer too. Makes sense v demand.

I love the variation a guest adds to a song. I'd love to see Gavin and Guggi come out to play on Cedarwood. Yes, Lykke Li on Troubles - the last time they played it was beautiful. How about Will Sergeant playing guitar on Raised by Wolves and Ian McCullough dueting as Judas on Until the End, to bury an old hatchet, hatchet in hand. Aloe Blacc maybe. Mick Jones. Paul Simonon. Hooky, if that doesn't upset the New Order politics. Wolf Alice. John Lydon on Electric Co. - woo, he could turn that song nasty and inside out. Roger Waters and/or Bob Geldoff dueting on Iris. I'd love to see Julian Lennon take on the piano for Every Breaking Wave or add some vocals. How about Nile Rodgers bringing some funk to Mysterious Ways. Jim Kerr. Sting. I'd love to see Van Morrison of Cyprus Avenue move from snippet to present and scatting during Bad or bringing the Sam Cooke to Still Haven't Found. Whoever's willing to take a chance - we've had some pretty great audience members playing along too.

I love the variation a guest adds to a song. I'd love to see Gavin and Guggi come out to play on Cedarwood. Yes, Lykke Li on Troubles - the last time they played it was beautiful. How about Will Sergeant playing guitar on Raised by Wolves and Ian McCullough dueting as Judas on Until the End, to bury an old hatchet, hatchet in hand. Aloe Blacc maybe. Mick Jones. Paul Simonon. Hooky, if that doesn't upset the New Order politics. Wolf Alice. John Lydon on Electric Co. - woo, he could turn that song nasty and inside out. Roger Waters and/or Bob Geldoff dueting on Iris. I'd love to see Julian Lennon take on the piano for Every Breaking Wave or add some vocals. How about Nile Rodgers bringing some funk to Mysterious Ways. Jim Kerr. Sting. I'd love to see Van Morrison of Cyprus Avenue move from snippet to present and scatting during Bad or bringing the Sam Cooke to Still Haven't Found. Whoever's willing to take a chance - we've had some pretty great audience members playing along too.

all excellent ideas... if only... :D  :D  :D

That would be great if Gavin got up there.  I'm sure there would be a lot of people that would get really excited, but then a great deal more that would have no clue who he is.

Has  Aung San Suu Kyi shown up at any shows yet? I'd have had her nailed on for a (non-performing) appearance at some point?

Edited by Bungo

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Martin make an appearance at some point

Yes, that would be great!!! Hmm....what song? Every Breaking Wave, Ordinary Love, California. Or...October...I think that would kill me, 

Has  Aung San Suu Kyi shown up at any shows yet? I'd have had her nailed on for a (non-performing) appearance at some point?

I thought she might have made an appearance on the 360 tour, as I believe her house arrest had ended then. Perhaps if not then Malala Yousafzai could / would - she's such an inspiration to people and UK based too. 

That said I think the Chris Martin shout is a good one!  

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Martin make an appearance at some point

i thought the same!

Hosier,?Ed Sheeran?Adele? or maybe all the Zootops! :D

Hopefully none, it all feel a bit cabaret to me with special guests on a regular basis.

I cringed when they played with Fallon in the states.

isn't Myanmar having bad floods at the moment? I think a U2 gig would be the last thing on her mind.

for London I think Queen Elizabeth II will walk out on stage during the snippet of 'God Save The Queen'

edit: speeling misteak

Edited by BigBunny

Sign in to follow this