Sign in to follow this  
mike7man

HBO Tour documentary and concert broadcast

Hey folks--

Atu2 is reporting that HBO will show a tour documentary on Nov. 7 and one of the Paris shows on Nov. 14!  Pretty cool, eh?

Hi Peter, Rhi--

So you UK folks don't generally have access to HBO?  I think HBO is lauching some kind of online standalone way to subscribe to their channel--perhaps that would be available.  Good luck!

Hi Peter, Rhi--

So you UK folks don't generally have access to HBO?  I think HBO is lauching some kind of online standalone way to subscribe to their channel--perhaps that would be available.  Good luck!

Sky Atlantic is the main broadcaster for most of HBO's shows (e.g. Game of Thrones). Not sure if they do live broadcasting though.

I suspect these may not be live--certainly the documentary won't be.  Also, HBO's mainly a US company, so if they showed a Paris show live it would be something like 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon here, which seems unlikely (?)

Good point, on the other hand the Rosebowl was the middle of the night for most of the rest of the world, so who knows. Hopefully we will have more info in plenty of time

Hopefully we can see this 'on demand'? I won't be home that night and desperately want to see it off course! 

We can only assume that a dvd/blue-ray will appear later on? Maybe just as fanclub gift.

I think they should explain in what countries this will be available. Because in Scandinavia it won't be aired on HBO Nordic. So that means two "cancelled" shows in Sweden/Scandinavia :wacko: Information is as always lacking, and that really grinds my gears...

Albeit U2 have embraced social media in some part, I have to agree with Neono in that U2 (the business) are particularly poor when it comes to sharing/providing information with the Paris gig being the prime example - will this be shown in Europe?? 

will this be shown in Europe?? 

Exactly what I wanted to ask. I can't find information about this anywhere.

will this be shown in Europe?? 

Exactly what I wanted to ask. I can't find information about this anywhere.

if its available online anywhere, we can post the links near the time / as it happens... 

From U2com Newsletter: 

"Big news! 

On November 14th, HBO in North America will air 'U2: iNNOCENCE & eXPERIENCE, Live In Paris'."

It's Big News? It's Big Joke :( What about Europe?

From U2com Newsletter: 

"Big news! 

On November 14th, HBO in North America will air 'U2: iNNOCENCE & eXPERIENCE, Live In Paris'."

It's Big News? It's Big Joke :( What about Europe?

Ironic that the gig is in Europe and there's no information about it showing in Europe...

For a while they said it would be a behind the scenes documentary on nov. 7 and then the concert on the 14th, however, they don't mention the documentary anymore, and the hbo schedule doesn't show it....... is that no longer happening??... was it postponed??... anyone has info on this??

For a while they said it would be a behind the scenes documentary on nov. 7 and then the concert on the 14th, however, they don't mention the documentary anymore, and the hbo schedule doesn't show it....... is that no longer happening??... was it postponed??... anyone has info on this??

It will either pop up on hbo or appear on dvd.It will see the light of day one way or another.

I suspect these may not be live--certainly the documentary won't be.  Also, HBO's mainly a US company, so if they showed a Paris show live it would be something like 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon here, which seems unlikely (?)

I just started reading this thread so you probably already know this, but it won't be live.. the show will be filmed, ad shown on hbo a few hours later.

seems its not ready yet - check out this article by Sherry on atu2 for more : http://www.atu2.com/news/hbo-u2-documentary-still-in-development.html

My Comcast Xfinity Guide now has the U2 Finding Home documentary listed for 12 November from 2-3pm (EST) on HBO 2.  The Paris concert is scheduled for 14 November from 9-1130pm on HBO E, HBO LE and HBO LD.  The last two are Spanish language channels.

My Comcast Xfinity Guide now has the U2 Finding Home documentary listed for 12 November from 2-3pm (EST) on HBO 2.  The Paris concert is scheduled for 14 November from 9-1130pm on HBO E, HBO LE and HBO LD.  The last two are Spanish language channels.

Be good if both could be streamed here for paid subscribers. PLEEEAAASE

I've figured out how to watch this in the UK if anyone is interested!

I have a US iTunes account - there is a work around to get one if you don't have a US address etc, feel free to message me if you want to know how to set one up

I logged into my US iTunes through Apple TV and signed up for a one month free HBO account, they then send an email for you to confirm your account and all it asks for is a US Zip code.

I have a VPN because I work overseas, so on my laptop I set this to the US, logged into HBO and there it is!  I can play the trailer and view on my laptop/airplay it to the TV

A bit of a faff, but worth it!!!

Sign in to follow this