Sign in to follow this  
cantinadetim

2nd North American Leg?

I really hope they do a 2nd north america leg of the tour. There wasn't a show witihin 1000 miles of me this time. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'd be surprised if they didn't, cantinadetim, and think they'd be coming your way in Texas.

I'm in Louisiana and am used to traveling for a show.  Hoping for #U2neworleans2016!  

I think they're coming back. Historically speaking, they've pretty much always come back and done a second leg in the U.S. after visiting somewhere else in between.

I think they will once Songs of Experience is released. Assuming that does actually happen.

I'd actually bet they'd do another tour leg before I'd bet on a new album.  When "No Line On The Horizon" came out the band members were immediately talking about a new album called "Songs Of Ascent" that they hoped to get out by the end of the year or early the next year (so this was them in March 2009 hoping to have a new album for Christmas 2009 or Spring 2010), and of course it didn't happen... but we still got more tour tour dates in 2010 and 2011.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think it's far more likely the U.S. will get a second leg of dates before we get a new album.

I think they will once Songs of Experience is released. Assuming that does actually happen.

I'd actually bet they'd do another tour leg before I'd bet on a new album.  When "No Line On The Horizon" came out the band members were immediately talking about a new album called "Songs Of Ascent" that they hoped to get out by the end of the year or early the next year (so this was them in March 2009 hoping to have a new album for Christmas 2009 or Spring 2010), and of course it didn't happen... but we still got more tour tour dates in 2010 and 2011.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think it's far more likely the U.S. will get a second leg of dates before we get a new album.

Or they could pull a Zooropa and have it out mid tour. B)

I agree that the band likes to talk about having a new album, but it doesn't happen in anywhere close to the time frame they initially state. But "Pulling a Zooropa" mid-tour would be great. I actually think not having that much time to work on a new record (less time to over think it!) could yield nice results.

Hoping for that 2nd USA leg! Of course by then my presale code will be expired...

Edited by cantinadetim

In the same boat.  The closest to me was Chicago, which was about 700 miles away.  Fortunately, I had been saving since the last tour so I was able to travel to NY and Toronto, but I'd like to go to a show that I could have a short drive to.

Edited by mich40

Yeah, I'd say it's a virtual certainty we'll get a normal U2 tour (several legs, at least two, maybe getting into three, years--including at least one return US leg).  Who knows when Songs of Experience will be out, though. 

Id bet they will be back in the States late in the fall of 2016. I dont think U2 would just ignore the southern portion of the USA. The closest show to me was NYC and im in VA. No shows south of NYC on the east coast was an absolute slap in the face to all U2 fans in that region of the country. I hope they stop the 4+ shows in each city also. 2 is the max they should do if they stay in arenas. I look for them to come back and play places like Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, Miami, Nashville / memphis, Dallas / Houston, Detroit. places that didnt have much close. if they dont come back and play these cities it will make alot of great longtime fans very upset. 

I hope they come back next year! I'm in Dallas, TX right now and had to go to Phoenix to see them. It would be great if they would do a show somewhere within driving distance. ;)

We trekked all the way from Georgia to see them in Boston.  Jacksonville FL would be great for me ... just a stones throw away but Jacksonville rarely gets good shows.  I'd settle for Orlando though.....

We trekked all the way from Georgia to see them in Boston.  Jacksonville FL would be great for me ... just a stones throw away but Jacksonville rarely gets good shows.  I'd settle for Orlando though.....

Curt, you must be close to me.  I'm in Georgia too,  but very close to Jacksonville.  Also, went to Boston to see them.  Seeing them in JAX would be awesome, but I'd settle for Atlanta, Orlando, or Tampa.

What I've heard from various sources is that they're gonna do European Arenas in winter/spring 2016, South American Stadiums in summer 2016 and, finally, North American Stadiums in summer/fall 2016. (Oceania in 2017)

I really hope they do a 2nd north america leg of the tour. There wasn't a show witihin 1000 miles of me this time. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here.  I was waiting for them to announce Dallas, TX dates.  The've always played Dallas.  No luck this time. :(

Sign in to follow this