Sign in to follow this  
PeterM1

London O2 30th October - Travel Advice (Rugby Match)

It has been pointed out to me (thanks John) that the Friday 30th October gig at the O2 just happens to coincide with the 3rd / 4th place playoff in the Rugby World Cup at the Stratford Olympic Stadium. Both Stratford and the O2 are on the Jubilee Line and have a combined capacity of around 75,000. It may therefore be advisable to allow a large amount of latitude to get to the O2 on time

thanks for tip Peter, have altered title slightly to reflect content - was actually chatting to someone the other day who is involved with trains organisation for RWC and he says they will be putting more on that night, but good advice

I can concur with Bigwave that the clash of the giants, One Direction, U2 and Rugby World Cup are on the radar of transport planners.  For the O2 the Jubilee Line is key and it is normal practice to run a number of services empty from North Greenwich back to central London.

I can concur with Bigwave that the clash of the giants, One Direction, U2 and Rugby World Cup are on the radar of transport planners.  For the O2 the Jubilee Line is key and it is normal practice to run a number of services empty from North Greenwich back to central London.

thanks emmo :)

Don't forget you can use the Thames Clippers boats to get to the O2 and back into town after the show, a nice way to travel and you can use oyster cards on them to tap in and out.

Although rugby will finish about 10pm there is the possibility of extra time and I'm told there will be a short medal ceremony as well.  With a 22.45 bump out from the O2 it will be very busy on the Jubilee Line for about an hour.  Another option up until 23.00 is the cable car and then DLR, but again that will be busy with rugby traffic.  As I mentioned earlier, some trains will run empty from North Greenwich.  Thames Clipper is great but very limited capacity.

Sign in to follow this