Sign in to follow this  
yardie

Bringing It Home (Irish Dates Now Announced)

The band are bringing the iNNOCENCE & eXPERIENCE Tour home to Ireland.

irish dates.jpg

U2’s iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE  European Tour 2015 will finish with six home shows in Ireland -  two shows in Belfast on 18th & 19th November and four shows in Dublin on 23rd + 24th, 27th + 28th November.

It’s a  year since the band released Songs Of Innocence, an album exploring their earliest experiences of growing up in Dublin influenced by 70’s rock and punk and early 80’s electronica - and now they’ll be performing those songs to a home crowd for the first time.

Tickets for the Irish shows go on sale at 9am on Monday 14th September,  will be limited to 2 per purchaser and are priced from £30 to £165 for Belfast and from €30 to €185 in Dublin, plus charges.

Tickets can be bought at the venue box offices and online.

Paid subscribers to U2.com will be emailed details of presales.

€2 million raised from these concerts will go to Music Generation, Ireland’s National Music Education Programme which currently provides high quality subsidised music tuition to some 26,000 children and young people. Music Generation was originally set up with €5m funding from U2’s 2009 shows at Croke Park, along with a further €2m raised by The Ireland Funds.

'In the 18 years that I have worked with U2, the home shows are always very special.’ said Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring Live Nation Ent. ‘These shows promise to be brilliant.’

'Finding venues to take this show is actually quite tricky,’ added The Edge. ‘We’re grateful to our overworked crew who finally cracked the reconfiguring to fit these venues.'

The Dublin and Belfast dates are:

Wed, 18th and Thurs, 19th November - Belfast – SSE Arena

Mon 23rd, Tues 24th, Fri 27th & Sat 28th November - Dublin – 3Arena

View the full article

Folks, Just thought a new thread would be useful due to recent confirmations by Bono. Nothing is yet confirmed re dates, but I'm guessing the info will come soon as to where and when.

It's a really exciting prospect, so let's stay tuned. Irish fans both north and south of our Island will be waiting patiently as will worldwide fans of the band. Everything else previous has been speculation. Let's now deal with facts as they emerge. 

U2=one love.

It's OFFICIAL - 2 shows in Belfast - 4 shows in Dublin!

FANTASTIC!!!!! 

Anybody know when the presale codes will be back up ?

not yet - we are waiting for news on that, will post as soon as more is known

If you've never seen them in Belfast before, I suggest you go!  ;)

Brilliant that the band are coming back after 18 years. Last time was when the cocktail stick et al rolled in on Popmart tour. B)

When will the presale be?

Post #5.

May God help us in the presale

Although, if codes are reinstated (without a new round of codes being issued), it may not be too bad for those lucky enough to have held on to their codes. I'd assume most people have used there's, greatly reducing the people who will be eligible for the presale.

Hoping used presale have been made useless....and of course no new presale to those who already used them

Edited by monica martino

Yeah and above all don't come to ireland. The weather is never nice enough

It's boring

It's cold

Simply... Stay home :P

I'm supposed to go and sleep now these dates have been announced-

1/ I have an unused presale code, but I'm no longer a paid subscriber so I don't know if I will get a new code  :o

2/ I saved up the money for tickets on a prepaid credit card at the beginning of the year, and 2 weeks ago finally succumbed, having heard nothing, and spent the money  :blink:

3/ I live in Belfast and am in the process of selling up and moving to Tipperary- so I don't know if I'm going to be living nearer Belfast or Dublin in November :unsure:

so all in all - a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me this week- wish me luck!!  :lol:

(I hope the kids don't mind having beans on toast for the next week)

Is there anyone else in the same boat as me regarding number 1????

Edited by jojodee

Hoping used presale have been made useless....and of course no new presale to those who already used them

that would be most fair...personally I used my presale code already and I totally want those who didn't when US/Europe was announced to get a first shot at the tickets

That said, I hope the rest of us subscribers get like 2nd on the queue before general sale :P

latest update : http://www.u2.com/help

Q - When will presales for U2.com subscribers take place for the band’s November Irish shows?
A - Presales for the Dublin and Belfast shows take place from Thursday September 10th (10am) until Fri Sep 11th (12noon) for subscribers in Ireland (Republic of and NI); and on Friday Sep 11 (12noon until 5pm) for other qualifying U2.com subscribers, while ticket supplies last. All times are local venue time.

Reads like it's just GA for ticketless. At least they can't be sold on :) unless the seller goes in also

Sign in to follow this