My presale code is now visible at top of tour page as before.

Does ur code show up even though it is invalid?

I don't know. I only know that I have not yet used mine. Are you seeing a code? Someone else mentioned that -  If you've used it before, you won't be able to use it again - that's a cert!

Yea used it for Glasgow but still showing up

well you can still try

After 30 years of being a U2 member and never having a single problem or complaint,i think i am entitled to a little rant.I have just been notified that i am not eligible to join the pre sale for tickets tomorrow for my home town as i have already used my allocation of two for another show.this would usually be ok but when i used my code these dates were not announced.so now i am going to the expense of travelling to another country to see the band i love and have to face the strong possibility that i will miss out to people who 'HATE BONO' or 'WOULDNT GO TO SEE U2 IF THEY WERE PLAYING IN MY GARDEN".surely in a case like this exceptions could be made.

In any case,i love the band rain,hail,or shine so....rant over ;)  :wacko:  B)  B)  

I'm in the same boat...not really sure how I feel.

Spent a fair bit on a trip away..and now not likely to see them in home town.

That said..I will have seen the show twice by then, and hopefully have had a great trip away.

Time to start pulling in favours...

I've spent a fortune on foreign shows but stood my ground and held onto my code. I did a fair bit of bitching here when it disappeared but it worked out ok in the end when it returned last night. I put it to good use this morning !!

So after some nerve jangling and quite a bit of arse Clenching I finally got my tickets for Belfast! Big thanks to all behind the scenes working hard!!!!

So after some nerve jangling and quite a bit of arse Clenching I finally got my tickets for Belfast! Big thanks to all behind the scenes working hard!!!!

That's briliant. I'm still working on it - but if I don't get them in the presale, or the general sale- you'll see me outside the arena with a big sign round my neck!

I'd like to have a little rant too....

I've been a fan for nearly 30 years, they are coming to play in Belfast for the first time in 18 years (the last time I saw them)

and I was so pleased and excited. I live here, and I had a presale code all saved up

...yet I can't use it because my subscription had expired before the dates were announced...

and this i only find out today.

(no disrespect to everyone who has been working hard to help out on this site- but no one seemed to be aware of this)

Who ARE these tickets supposed to be for then?? I've not tried to cheat the system, if I'd bought tickets for Glasgow, I'd be going....

If the dates were announced earlier, I'd have tickets....

and I'm not the only one in this situation, I've not entirely given up hope of getting tickets but I am a bit strung out by it all.

(I suppose they'll be plenty of "high end- VIP" tickets still available on Monday.....grumble grumble...makes me feel like a NVIP!).

Edited by jojodee

That's a bad situation to be in all right.did u not get a subscription reminder?

I didn't resubscribe because I already had a presale code which would apparently be valid for the Ireland shows when announced- and the gift was a vinyl record of which I have no means of playing, so pretty useless- I can't really afford to spend money on things of no benefit.

However if it had been made clear that my presale code wouldn't work if I didn't- then I surely would have!

I think unique presale codes always require you to be a member at the time of the sale, since when Ticketmaster does the lookup for that number, you wouldn't show as a current member in the U2 database, even if you had saved the code from earlier...

I think unique presale codes always require you to be a member at the time of the sale, since when Ticketmaster does the lookup for that number, you wouldn't show as a current member in the U2 database, even if you had saved the code from earlier...

Well at 10.09 i resubscribed- so I'm hoping -once activated I might get sorted

That's a bad situation to be in all right.did u not get a subscription reminder?

I didn't resubscribe because I already had a presale code which would apparently be valid for the Ireland shows when announced- and the gift was a vinyl record of which I have no means of playing, so pretty useless- I can't really afford to spend money on things of no benefit.

However if it had been made clear that my presale code wouldn't work if I didn't- then I surely would have!

Sounds like you should have got a valid code. Also you will have one for the next leg as you subbed now. Hope you get sorted out. I think maybe when they checked and saw you only just subbed after the announcement,,,but failed to realise you subbed before and it had ran out. 

Do you believe this!!!!

Tickets are not on sale and check out these prices!

http://www.seatwave.com/buy-u2-tickets/3arena-dublin-tickets/24-november-2015/perf/1009251

Simmer down

They don't have the actual tickets yet.

They are free to list and charge whatever they want.

No one is forced to pay whatever is being asked.

Take a deep breath and count to 10.

Hey, there's even reports of previously used presale codes, being used again with success today - but hey, feck it, it's a free world and if technology messes up both positively for some, and negatively for others - I guess that's just technology with a big fat T!

I really do hope local Irish/ Northern Irish fans get sorted. And I really hope the world considers Belfast too.

I really do believe Belfast will be the better venue to get the true i+e experience (stage set up etc) - but hey, if yer sentimental (need to see them in Dublin) and want to get the cropped (stage didn't fit) version in Dublin - go for it! ;)

Both venues will be unique in many ways of course and I jest.

I've seen the band nearly too many times now in the concrete jungle stadiums of Dublin. It will be well and truly worth it to see them again in Belfast - a really supportive city to the band in their formative years, and in fairness - a city that really appreciated that band coming to Belfast in the days when many others avoided the place needlessly due to ' the troubles' in the early eighties and beyond.

As they say in our part of the world - 'they know what side their bread's buttered on!'

The presale thing went really smoothly for me today - apart from me being an eegitt and clicking the wrong link to start with and only seeing these £260 seats too, as someone else alluded too, but soon realised my error!

I hope everyone gets sorted.

I am disgusted too, been fan since 87, first gig 92, then every tour since then with at least 2 shows in different cities.

I had a code but all tickets sold out!! And yet on premium sites they are going for 1000 euro and then a general sale Monday!

I have already booked my flights and hotel which I know is my fault but thought with the presale I would get 2

So not happy

Agree 100% with your sentiments, and in a similar situation....used my pre-sales code before Dublin / Belfast announced to ensure that I got to see a gig. Actually helped another fan club member from Germany to see one of the Turin shows. Also, spent a small fortune to go to NY to see the final show there. Already hearing from friends here in Dublin who have nothing good to say about Bono / U2 and have tickets for Dublin shows....pissed off !!!!  

The situation with U2 tickets is really getting to me.Reading through the various threads and posts on here and i can see that a lot of genuine fans of the band have been left feeling let down and disappointed.we all know that the powers that be are trying to do everything fairly but at the end of the day people who have no interest in the band will be telling real fans how good it was and 'u should have been there!'

im lucky in the sense i am getting to see the band i love in 2 different cities but i really feel for people who have to listen to the haters say 'i only went so i can say i was there!'

Sign in to follow this