After 30 years of being a U2 member and never having a single problem or complaint,i think i am entitled to a little rant.I have just been notified that i am not eligible to join the pre sale for tickets tomorrow for my home town as i have already used my allocation of two for another show.this would usually be ok but when i used my code these dates were not announced.so now i am going to the expense of travelling to another country to see the band i love and have to face the strong possibility that i will miss out to people who 'HATE BONO' or 'WOULDNT GO TO SEE U2 IF THEY WERE PLAYING IN MY GARDEN".surely in a case like this exceptions could be made.

In any case,i love the band rain,hail,or shine so....rant over ;)  :wacko:  B)  B)  

After 30 years of being a U2 member and never having a single problem or complaint,i think i am entitled to a little rant.I have just been notified that i am not eligible to join the pre sale for tickets tomorrow for my home town as i have already used my allocation of two for another show.this would usually be ok but when i used my code these dates were not announced.so now i am going to the expense of travelling to another country to see the band i love and have to face the strong possibility that i will miss out to people who 'HATE BONO' or 'WOULDNT GO TO SEE U2 IF THEY WERE PLAYING IN MY GARDEN".surely in a case like this exceptions could be made.

In any case,i love the band rain,hail,or shine so....rant over ;)  :wacko:  B)  B)  

I'm in the same boat...not really sure how I feel.

Spent a fair bit on a trip away..and now not likely to see them in home town.

That said..I will have seen the show twice by then, and hopefully have had a great trip away.

Time to start pulling in favours...

First world probs i know but it is a bit bullshit as we all did the same thing. I bought tix for glasgow. If I knew Dublin was gonna happen i wouldve save them for that so it seems a bit unfair. Im glad irish residents get to the presale first which is absolutely fair bit what about making an allowance at least for Irish fans that already used their codes. The rest of us would still be S.O.L. But I think that's fair to Irish fans who knew they had to travel ...until this came up. If bigwave is reading this, can you make a suggestion quick?

Edited by kavanbJDE

Feel your pain. I was lucky enough to get ticks for NYC without having to use my presale code back in Feb. I kinda thought these shows would come around at some point, so wanted to save it - though thw two x Belfast shows are a real bonus that's exceeded what I hoped would happen.

However, its 12 hours to presale, I've no email, no code and frankly to announce the dates and expect everyone to gets themselves into position for a purchase given work, sleep, life etc is a tad ludicrous after only 24hrs (max 36) notification. Your right, there are people who are indifferent to U2 that will get tickets v true fans - but unfortunately, that is always the case. Good luck all the same.

I think that usually this system is fair enough but in this case people from Belfast and Dublin had no other option at the time but to travel.i would never have used my code if I thought this would have happened.bit let down to be honest!

I banked on the Dublin dates ( just the opposite of others in this post) being confirmed so I saved my code, i too got to NYC to see them but if i would of had to use my code for NYC then I wouldn't of went, like I said Banking on the Dublin dates.

Think everyone has a similar view on this but I for one did not want to chance missing out altogether on this tour keeping my code to the last minute.just my luck no Irish shows would have been announced

This whole presale seems to be a joke to be honest!!

no joke - folk working their nuts off behind the scenes trying to get it right. 

This whole presale seems to be a joke to be honest!!

no joke - folk working their nuts off behind the scenes trying to get it right.

Don't think anyone disputes that bigwave,just nerves jangling all over.

yep. understand that. all will work itself out... 

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to see your presale code when logged into U2.com??????

no

We know. Do I have a beer or a coffee though?

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to see your presale code when logged into U2.com??????

no

not at the moment, but we used to be able to before they got removed after last presales finished.

Hopefully we will get news on this when presale emails go out (soon)

no emails sent or presale codes restored as yet... expect news soon

Appreciate the feedback. Understand there's a lot of work going on there. Tight timescales indeed.

Sign in to follow this