Sign in to follow this  
jojodee

MY PRESALE CODE DIDN'T WORK!

+001 855 867 5297

Changed my code, 2 tickets GA sat night :D

good luck everyone

I just phoned this number...I've been told that my pre-sale code is valid for the area that I come from. I live in Derry (Northern Ireland) and as this is classified as the UK, I am not permitted to buy any tickets in today's pre-sale. Apparently (per conversation with U2.com support guy) today's pre-sale is only for people living in the Republic or North of Ireland and as I've been classified as living in the UK, I can't use my pre-sale code until tomorrow.

FUBAR'd.

ring back, ask to speak to floor supervisor

Hi Guys

I rang 0018558675297 spoke to a guy called Brian. I told him my issue and he put me on hold to speak to a 'floor lead'. When he came back on he GAVE ME A NEW CODE Worked then!!!! Good luck everyone.

Fantastic!

Hey guys, I rang this number 001-8558675297 and got sorted with a new code after a while and got tickets for Saturday. I PM'd Max to remove me off the list

Forum mods - thanks for your work on this, the only place on the web were anyone seems to be communicating on the issue. 

I spoke to someone- he said he could give me a new code, and when I hung up and looked - it was the same one I already had!

He said the code might work once my subscription, which I renewed today, reactivates- a slim thread- but I'm hanging on to it!

I rang back to try and hurry up the reactivation- the staff seem incredibly helpful- so I would recommend ringing if you have problems- not even on hold very long

Edited by jojodee

rang the number above, got a new code and managed to get tickets for the Friday night in Dublin

So are Ticketmaster giving the option to actually buy G.A on pre-sale to those people whose codes happen to work? 

So are Ticketmaster giving the option to actually buy G.A on pre-sale to those people whose codes happen to work? 

yes, judging by others posts this morning, GA was acquired

make sure you access Ticketmaster thru the U2.com  website.  Click under TOURS tab.  and don't paste code in!

Got through to USA, got new code. The only tickets I could get for Fri &Sat were 280 eur each. Eventually got Tues night,. Thanks to all the people who posted info etc!

Edited by maximillian71

I also found the guys on the other end of the phone very helpful, I also wasn't on hold for very long. When I went to Ticketmaster there did seem to be tickets available. Thanks to the mods here also.

Thought I'd chip in with my 'experience'. I heard about the irish dates via twitter and used a link to register as a paid subscriber on U2.com. This was about 12:15am on 9th September. Now at the time there was no 'irish dates are not eligible for pre-sale to those who registered after the 8th September' messages on the subscription page. A few hours later I thought I'd pop on here for the first time to have a look. I was browsing the pre-sales section when I saw someone say that anyone who subscribed after the 8th announcement wouldn't get a pre-sale code. I went to the subscription section and the message was there. I was very cheesed off. I emailed U2.com and asked them when I would get the pre-sale code but after reading on here about people waiting for months for a reply from them I didn't hold out much hope. In the meantime I contacted my credit card company to see if I could cancel my subscription.

I actually got a reply from U2.com about an hour later. They confirmed that I wasn't eligible. I was pissed off so I replied asking for my subscription to be cancelled and the money refunded. I was very surprised when I got an email an hour later saying I had been given wrong information and that I would get a pre-sale code! Five minutes later I got the code which worked like a charm this morning and got me two seats in Belfast on 19th November.

So it seem that stuff about people who registered after the announcement not be eligible was wrong.

Thought I'd chip in with my 'experience'. I heard about the irish dates via twitter and used a link to register as a paid subscriber on U2.com. This was about 12:15am on 9th September. Now at the time there was no 'irish dates are not eligible for pre-sale to those who registered after the 8th September' messages on the subscription page. A few hours later I thought I'd pop on here for the first time to have a look. I was browsing the pre-sales section when I saw someone say that anyone who subscribed after the 8th announcement wouldn't get a pre-sale code. I went to the subscription section and the message was there. I was very cheesed off. I emailed U2.com and asked them when I would get the pre-sale code but after reading on here about people waiting for months for a reply from them I didn't hold out much hope. In the meantime I contacted my credit card company to see if I could cancel my subscription.

I actually got a reply from U2.com about an hour later. They confirmed that I wasn't eligible. I was pissed off so I replied asking for my subscription to be cancelled and the money refunded. I was very surprised when I got an email an hour later saying I had been given wrong information and that I would get a pre-sale code! Five minutes later I got the code which worked like a charm this morning and got me two seats in Belfast on 19th November.

So it seem that stuff about people who registered after the announcement not be eligible was wrong.

seems you fell in the very short window between announcement and updated text on website, and good to hear they accommodated you

My code didn't work either this morning. Everything was ready and triple checked (passwords, code, credit card info, everything sorted and updated) at 9.30.  Yes, I am eligible, live in Cork, resubscribed before official announcements...Was waiting for 10 to get GA tix for the last show. 10 o'clock came and went and all I got was that red thing that was popping up that code/password wasn't correct. Tried at least 10 times... logged out, logged in to u2.com, ticketmaster... restarted the computer, just in case... nothing... was losing hope and was getting ready to fight for the tix on tomorrow's worldwide fansale battleground and then I got that USA number to call... called, the girl confirmed I was eligible... that was almost 5 hours after presale started... all GAs were sold out out apart from Monday, so I got that one... Last one on Saturday would have been perfect, wouldn't have to ask for days off, but I'll make do, somehow... it's U2 in Dublin!

My code didn't work either this morning. Everything was ready and triple checked (passwords, code, credit card info, everything sorted and updated) at 9.30.  Yes, I am eligible, live in Cork, resubscribed before official announcements...Was waiting for 10 to get GA tix for the last show. 10 o'clock came and went and all I got was that red thing that was popping up that code/password wasn't correct. Tried at least 10 times... logged out, logged in to u2.com, ticketmaster... restarted the computer, just in case... nothing... was losing hope and was getting ready to fight for the tix on tomorrow's worldwide fansale battleground and then I got that USA number to call... called, the girl confirmed I was eligible... that was almost 5 hours after presale started... all GAs were sold out out apart from Monday, so I got that one... Last one on Saturday would have been perfect, wouldn't have to ask for days off, but I'll make do, somehow... it's U2 in Dublin!

I'm glad you got sorted!

I finally got sorted.  I was kind of in limbo since I had received my code when I was a subscriber and I then let my membership lapse. Theoretically, the code should have worked, even though I'm not a paid member now but it didn't. I had nearly decided to give up trying when I saw that some thoughtful people posted the U2.com phone number. One call to them and I got a new code within a few minutes so..... now I have two GAs for the 18th in Belfast:) I hope that everyone whose in my situation gets sorted. Good luck:)

I finally got sorted.  I was kind of in limbo since I had received my code when I was a subscriber and I then let my membership lapse. Theoretically, the code should have worked, even though I'm not a paid member now but it didn't. I had nearly decided to give up trying when I saw that some thoughtful people posted the U2.com phone number. One call to them and I got a new code within a few minutes so..... now I have two GAs for the 18th in Belfast:) I hope that everyone whose in my situation gets sorted. Good luck:)

that's my position exactly- I have phoned but no joy- please can you remember who you were speaking to?

that's my position exactly- I have phoned but no joy- please can you remember who you were speaking to?

His name was Agustin and he was really helpful.  I got him on 001 855 867 5297. The email address is customer_support@ticketmaster.com.  I'd call again and I wouldn't take no for an answer this. They might give you a new code there and then or they might email it to you. If you get it right away, get them to stay on the line with you until you can confirm that it worked. Mine was emailed but it worked with no problems at all.

Absolutely fuming, I resubscribed on Tuesday, ordered my gift and awaited my presale code! I checked the faq to make sure all was ok, all that was said was log onto tours and get your code!!there was none'numerous emails later including being told my code would be emailed, I today find out that suddenly there's faq about dublin specifically! I decided to ring the outside us number, left hanging for 10 mins to be told they no longer handle u2.com '!I'm ringing from Ireland!!! Rang another number, 10 mins later, no joy!no tickets and will probably pay more in phonecalls than the ticket,disgrace

Sign in to follow this