Sign in to follow this  
bieke2be

Dublin paperless tickets / use of someone else his creditcard

I will try to buy GA tickets for Dublin, does the name on the tickets needs to be the same as the name on the creditcard?
I'm waiting on a new one. So I will be using the card of someone else. (I will take this card with me to the venue.)
Thanks for clarify this, I don't find a clear answer on this in the FAQ.

if possible, try to bring an ID from the CC holder...

and definitely contact the ticketing agency about this issue

I found this on ticketmasters FAQ: 

Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
•    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

This means when you have one creditcard on the name of your husband, you can't buy tickets as he's not able to attend?

I found this on ticketmasters FAQ: 

Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.

•    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

This means when you have one creditcard on the name of your husband, you can't buy tickets as he's not able to attend?

it seems to be the case...

I would recommend contacting the ticketing agency, maybe via phone, and explain the situation...

At Vancouver they didn't check id's despite saying you needed them, you could've had anyone's credit card and got in. I'm not sure about the rest of the venues though.

Edited by Batfink32

I don't think paperless has ever been done in Ireland before, so you can expect it to be a complete cock up. I just can't see them calmly checking credit card and ID at the door. 

Even after I talked with Guy Oseary at Vancouver II about the fiasco with both day's GA procedures, they still messed up in San Phoenix and even afterward.

As long as I can recall doing GA for a U2 tour (Elevation) there have always been unnecessary fiascos with entry or queing procedures.

Common senses does not seem to run in the U2 camp.

Belfast and Dublin may not be immune.

Edited by Sigma957

As far as I remember when I was at both San Jose shows, they swiped the credit card used for payment but didn't ask for photo ID.

Sign in to follow this