Sign in to follow this  
mike7man

Ireland regular onsale Monday--when in US?

Trying to figure out when tickets will go onsale Monday for us folks in the US (or anywhere outside Ireland in a different time zone).  Of course, the announcement says 9:00 AM.  But...is that Ireland time (which would be 2:00 US EST, right?).  Or 9:00 AM local time, wherever you are?  I'm guessing it's the former--because otherwise people in earlier time zones would have an advantage, which doesn't make much sense.  Can anyone confirm?

I'd like to know about this too. Will tickets be available to the general public in the U.S. at all, or are they available only to people who still have a code and/or to people who live in Ireland?
I am a subscriber, I already used my code to see U2 in Phoenix. Is there any chance I could buy tickets for the Ireland shows at all?

For sure, you can try in the general onsale (Monday).  It's clear that people outside Ireland can buy tix; for example, the presale is Ireland-only today, rest of world tomorrow (while this doesn't help us, it shows that overseas folks can buy tix).  Of course, the regular onsale will be nuts--the tix will sell super-fast, I'm sure.  In any case, for folks like you and me that might like to try, it'd be good to know for sure when they'll go onsale in the US.  Again, I'm thinking 2:00 EST, but just want to be sure.

I'd like to know about this too. Will tickets be available to the general public in the U.S. at all, or are they available only to people who still have a code and/or to people who live in Ireland?

I am a subscriber, I already used my code to see U2 in Phoenix. Is there any chance I could buy tickets for the Ireland shows at all?

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Trying to figure out when tickets will go onsale Monday for us folks in the US (or anywhere outside Ireland in a different time zone).  Of course, the announcement says 9:00 AM.  But...is that Ireland time (which would be 2:00 US EST, right?).  Or 9:00 AM local time, wherever you are?  I'm guessing it's the former--because otherwise people in earlier time zones would have an advantage, which doesn't make much sense.  Can anyone confirm?

All presales are in the local time of the country in question... so in this case it would be 9 AM Ireland time...

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Sorry Max, I should have been more clear in what I was asking... I do realize that I cannot use my pre-sale code again. I just wondered if they were going to sell tickets to the general public. Thanks, though! :)

Yes... from the news section:

Tickets for the Irish shows go on sale at 9am on Monday 14th September,  will be limited to 2 per purchaser and are priced from £30 to £165 for Belfast and from €30 to €185 in Dublin, plus charges.

From the ticketmaster.ie FAQ:

When do tickets go onsale to the public?
Tickets will be released for sale @ 9am on Monday 14th September .

ITS 9AM MONDAY MORNING,SO  THATS BOSTON- NEW YORK 4AM, CHICAGO 3AM WEST COAST SAN FRAN 1AM, 

Oh, of course--I'm an idiot.  Ireland is 5 hours ahead (not behind), so of course, EST would be 4 AM.  Thanks!!

ITS 9AM MONDAY MORNING,SO  THATS BOSTON- NEW YORK 4AM, CHICAGO 3AM WEST COAST SAN FRAN 1AM, 

Oh, of course--I'm an idiot.  Ireland is 5 hours ahead (not behind), so of course, EST would be 4 AM.  Thanks!!

Ireland is not 5 hrs ahead USA is 5 hrs behind   :D:wub:   :D  Good luck in your endeavour i would say the tix will be sold out in under 5 minutes due to the small capacities 14k in the 3arena I think and less in Belfast if my memory serves me right

Sign in to follow this