Sign in to follow this  
jjoe

Generation Music Zone

I bought two tickets for this zone in the pre sale today for Belfast Thursday concert. When I went back to look at the Belfast SSE Arena map the zone doesn't look to be adjacent to the stage at all. Has anyone been in the Red Zone? Have I wasted my money and should I have just bought two GA tickets? Thanks

I was in the GA in Amsterdam and from what I could see the Red Zone was between the catwalk and the normal GA, and close to the 'main' stage. 

I honestly don't think you can go wrong in the SSE, Belfast. It's a great venue that will suit what I saw in New York nicely - but everyone will be that little bit closer to the band. Definitely better than Dublin as you will, in Belfast, get the show as it was planned to be. In Dublin the format will change as that venue is the wrong shape to accommodate the original conception.

So you haven't wasted your money, unless of course you want to be on the stage! ;)

I bought two tickets for this zone in the pre sale today for Belfast Thursday concert. When I went back to look at the Belfast SSE Arena map the zone doesn't look to be adjacent to the stage at all. Has anyone been in the Red Zone? Have I wasted my money and should I have just bought two GA tickets? Thanks

The Red Zone has about 5-6 rail spots on either side of the stage as well as a much less crowded area on the floor .  Its an upgraded VIP experience where you can get a good spot without queuing and still be able to see the show on the screen.   Regular GA is certainly a better deal for the $, but if its withing the budget, you wont regret the extra amenities afforded to you

I have just 'pushed the boat' out also and booked a ticket for the red MGZ for the first show in Belfast. Hope it's a good call and will give me a good view of the stage from there.

I scored 2 tickets to the GMZ also!  I wanted GA but only had the option of seats for $190 each.  Screw that.  If I'm paying $380 whats another $300 to have GMZ.  This will be my 15th show and my #1 bucket list.  See the band I love in their home town!

Now on to the plane tickets, finding hostels and what do do in Ir for a week!

Hi jjoe, in the red zone or mgz you're able to go into GA as you will have both red zone and GA wrist bands. That way you can follow the band when they move to the end of the "catwalk" half way through the gig and then go back into the red zone when they move back to the main stage. That's what we were able to do in Boston......If I could I'd always get red zone tickets :0).....

Edited by monimoo

Sign in to follow this