Sign in to follow this  
loucanova

best blocks to sit in at Belfast venue?

have never been to this venue and am just trying to figure out which are the best side on blocks to sit in. presumably lower tier is the best view and it looks like blocks 5 or 22 or 4 or 23 are the closest if i am interpreting the plan correctly. can't quite work out how the seat numbers go in these blocks. anyone very familar with the seating at belfast?

I know the venue well. Look it's a compact venue when say compared to MSG for example (which I was at earlier this year), but in principle the same sort of layout. However, the upper tier seats in any part of the venue are not 'in the rafters' so to speak, you would have a really good view still of the band.

North and South blocks will give you a good view of the screen effect.

West blocks will give you a great view of 'b stage' performances - but perhaps not so much the screen enhancements that support 'the story' in the first half of the show.

Put it like this, I would not pay/ did not pay the extra fee for lower tier seating as the differential between lower/ mid and upper tiers in this venue are not dramatically different.

Hope that helps.

http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/concerts-Belfast

As Yardie, says this is a vey compact arena, the website under promoter info has a couple of snaps.

Other than being side on to the screen in the west stand perhaps (£33 a ticket- bargin!!), there isn't a bad seat in the house.

If you are a visitor to Belfast you will have a ball, SSE is 10 minute walk from city centre.

Seat rows run  A-Y from front to back. As the others have said its a compact arena (far better then the 3Arena in Dublin IMO). For a show like this there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

I agree with all of the above. A very good venue. I got two tickets in the pre-sale for Dublin on the floor - MGZ (for one night and general floor for another night). If I don't have any luck in securing tickets for the other Dublin shows on Monday, I will be trying for a seat in Belfast for 19 November.

Question:  I have to purchase in public sale...YIKES!  There are so many different options- regular, student, premium and music generation zone.  This didn't happen with any of the other sales.  Does anyone know the difference?  Which one do I purchase?   The second show in Belfast is on my wedding anniversary, so I thought it would great to go.  IF I can manage to get a couple of tickets.  Am I over thinking this?  :)

Regular!  Then you will have the choice of trying for standing, or the various seat price ranges.

Good luck!

Well, I tried my best to get one ticket.  I didn't care where it was.  I had it in my hot little hands, but ticket master didn't like any of my American credit cards.  I was so thrilled to just get a ticket on public sale, but that was dashed out after trying the 5th card.  I've never seen them in Ireland and it would have been so great to see all from friends from trip back in 2001 with the Chernobyl Children's Project.  I was aiming for on of the Belfast shows.  Oh well, maybe some kind soul will have an extra ticket I can purchase.  I can dream, right?  :)  Well, to all of you that were luck enough to get tickets, enjoy the show.  I know they will be the best yet!  Please post pictures if you can.  I would love to see them.  I wish there would have been a paypal option.  ACK, time to stop dwelling and move on.  You all have a wonderful time!  :)

Also booked Lower South. Says SthL2 but no idea where that is as not clear on map.  Presume starts at 1 and then moves along up to block 86?

South lower will be side on to screen. Go to venue website there is a seating plan.

There are only 25 row of seats A-Y so "lower" would suggest you are in first 12/13 rows. Arena floor is the size of Ice hockey field, so not that big.

Fantastic seats!!

Also booked Lower South. Says SthL2 but no idea where that is as not clear on map.  Presume starts at 1 and then moves along up to block 86?

1 - 86 are the seat numbers and as Actung Baby says you should be in the first 12/13 rows.

mine is SthL1 .  1 and 2 look like they are in the end of the area where the I stage will be.  Should be great seats!

evt_4_4647740__plan.jpg

mine is SthL1 .  1 and 2 look like they are in the end of the area where the I stage will be.  Should be great seats!

evt_4_4647740__plan.jpg

Those are the entrance door numbers.

As Monica says, to get access to the floor in the SSE you use two entrances under the "west" section. If your seats are south lower, you will likely be somewhere between the 5 and 10 markers towards the front.

Sign in to follow this