Sign in to follow this  
utwothefly

Irish Presale Codes Day 2 Overnight Email To Subscribers Discussion (MERGED)

Did you get an email this morning?

I used presale code in Dec 14 to book London tickets. Re subscribed in Feb 15 and got an email with this....

Dear Paul,

As a subscriber yet to take part in a U2ieTour presale, we’re pleased to invite you to enter a ticket presale for one of the band’s Belfast or Dublin shows this November.

Code in the email is the same as the one I used?

So as I re subscribed can I now by 2 tickets for Dublin with the code?

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?
A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Yeah I get that Max, but since using the code I've re-subscribed? Surely that resets it?

To be honest I wouldn't have raised it but the email this morning upped my interest in Dublin gigs.

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Some people who previously used their codes bought tickets in presale yesterday. How is this possible? Will their tickets be cancelled (and when) or not? (I hope they will, because it's not fair to the rest of fans who go by the rules)

More confusion in this matter is U2.com letter which we (rest of the world) have got for Dublin/Belfast presale with a code and invitation to take part in presale...although we used the code

This is very unfair, and yet another chapter in the big fail that is U2.com pre-sales.

I saved my code for Dublin, and now I realise that thousands of fans who already used their codes got emails saying that they are "yet to take part in a pre-sale". WTF?

Now it will be even harder for me to get tickets. Thanks :(

Yeah I get that Max, but since using the code I've re-subscribed? Surely that resets it?

To be honest I wouldn't have raised it but the email this morning upped my interest in Dublin gigs.

no... from the FAQ:

Q - New pre-sales have been announced but I have used my pre-sale code to buy tickets already. If I renew my U2.com subscription early, will I get a new pre-sale code to use against these new shows.

A - No, subscribers get one code to use with their annual subscription in an annual ticket selling cycle. For example, if you've already purchased tickets in a pre-sale for 2015 Tour dates, you will not be able to use a presale code to buy tickets if further dates were to be announced.

Now there are student tickets going on sale in the general sale on Monday - this wasn't listed yesterday on Ticketmaster. Doesn't even say if it's just for Irish residents or not.  So a bulk of tickets being kept back for that.  And Red Zone/Music Generation are not available on pre-sale to those living outside Ireland. 

A big mess up with all the codes is making this all such a wonderful experience!

Anyone that was holding out for Dublin/ Belfast could be really disappointed today. It seems to have happened yesterday. The trouble yesterday seems to be carrying over today. Question is will anything be done before or after...

Cheers Max, that deals with early re subscription. Mine runs feb to feb. So 1 purchase with 1 years membership and now I'm in a new membership cycle? I suspect this is what's triggered the email today as I'm guessing a lot of members are in same position?

All speculation I know.... Perhaps one of the mods can review?

Indeed, it seems everybody got an email form U2.com with a presale code for Dublin/Belfast, also member who already used their code for other shows. Why???? 

Cheers Max, that deals with early re subscription. Mine runs feb to feb. So 1 purchase with 1 years membership and now I'm in a new membership cycle? I suspect this is what's triggered the email today as I'm guessing a lot of members are in same position?

All speculation I know.... Perhaps one of the mods can review?

Its not a new cycle. The same codes have been dished out again

Edited by utwothefly

Is this just a case that this morning's email is (very) badly worded? I renewed my subscription on 26th November 2014. I then used my presale code on the 4th December 2014 for the show at the O2 on 30th October. However my email is also saying I have an UNUSED presale code. That cannot be the case! Max, can you please clarify

thanks. Would be bad if people could use their code twice. And if not, they all still gonna try to hit ticketmaster.ie, so busy lines...

Im a bit confused by the email i just recieved from u2.com.

it says:

"As a subscriber yet to take part in a U2ieTour presale"

now the worrying part is i bought tickets for London ages ago! is this just a standard message or does it mean i didnt get my tickets a few months back? because i definately paid for them!

hoping its just standard text.....bit worrying though.

Codes have been used twice successfully. More the fault of the technology rather than the opportunistic trait of human nature.

Hardly fair given some of the difficulties some subscribers have had in using an unused code for the first time...but again, the root cause is in the technology.

not re-using mine either! was just a bit worried it said i hadnt used it.

Edited by sazshackle

Yeah,reading some of the stuff on these boards, just appreciate how lucky I was yesterday morning with a smooth transaction.

not re-using mine either! was just a bit worried it said i hadnt used it.

Yes, me too. I'm still going to be somewhat nervous up until I am actually in the venue and sat at the correct seat  :unsure:

Got the e-mail today. Wasn't expecting it as i used the code for Glasgow tickets. Even still, i'm not complaining!

I saved my code for Dublin but didn't get an email and my account says the code has already been used. How is it possible hundreds of fans seem to be able to use their codes again while I don't get a single chance?!

I didn't get any email. It will probably arrive after the event , as usual here. But I wish they would just cross out the access code on the tours page if it's invalid, as they did with the 360 tour. 

Sign in to follow this