Sign in to follow this  
pluck77

3Arena as a venue

Hey Guys, Ive never seen a show at the 3arena before. It looks like a much different setup from the rest. it also seems as if the floor will hold more people but, be more shallow and wider.

has anybody done GA for another show at the arena before? curious to hear some peoples thoughts

I've been thinking about this today also. Although I have never seen a show there, I'm familiar with what it looks like and was wondering how they will reconfigure the I+E stage. I'm guessing they might hang the suspended screen element of the show above and parallel to the main stage - as opposed to all other venues where as we know it's suspended above a walkway that protrudes at a 90 degree right angle extension from the main stage to the b stage. So in essence Bonos walk along Cedarwood Road would be from left to right and back again across the stage as you look at it head on.

Perhaps there might be a smaller platform that extends little from the stage to a 'b'stage type set up to allow a closer interaction to the audience - although it will already be fairly intimate compared to what we've been used to.

It's an interesting one, and I'm really excited to see how they've gotten the round peg into a square hole.

I guess that might take from the northside/ southside element to the standard set up we are familiar with, but I'm sure Bono could easily compensate for that. Of course I'm probably wide of the mark in my thoughts!

Edited by yardie

The regular stage is there obviously and the i&e stage does go the whole length of the floor stopping in front of section D seating area, the screen will go along the walkway  as in other shows, the reason I know this as tickets are being sold in section L (that is the section tiered behind section D) that have a limited screen view, so this would suggest that the screen is not a shortened version across the backdrop of the main stage. The sound in 3arena is grand be cause it is not really a large venue.

The screen should fit in ok ,running the length of the walkway

The screen is 32 yards long,the floor depth to the front of the stage is around 30-35 yards .

Edited by Fano

15392s.jpg

Thanks for that, felt like the screen was longer hence my visualisations. So what I would term the 'b stage' is going to be mid walkway as such. That figures. Nice one. Looks really close up n personal for the Dubs fans! Happy days. Some of the seats will have a slightly restricted view, but as we say - looks grand!

Edited by yardie

The 3arena is an excellent venue ,even the worst seats have a decent view due to the shape of the building.

The worst seats will only be around 40-45 yards maximum from the B stage .

I've done GA there a number of times,always had a great view.

Edited by Fano

even the worst seats have a decent view due to the shape of the building.

of the mains stage, yes. But section D & L will have limited screen view

even the worst seats have a decent view due to the shape of the building.

of the mains stage, yes. But section D & L will have limited screen view

Thats true but to be honest ,the screen isnt really needed in such a compact venue.

That's a great layout for GA, as long as you don't arrive 5 minutes before showtime & end up at the outer edges of the floor. Most people in GA will be very close to both the I-stage & the e-stage.

GA near the e-stage would be the place to be for this one! Closer to the action on the I-stage, catwalks on both sides, closer to the screen. Somewhere near the widest point of the e-stage, so you can see a bit of the screen above.

Edited by ddarroch

14398_10153032183434372_5074039676666113

here is a picture of mine at a recent fleetwood mac concert in the 3arena. seated ticket prices were E130, E75 and E55. I was sitting in Block P Row 45 Seat 249 which was a E75 ticket and had a perfect view and the sound was perfect from there. The E55 tickets were to the right of me.

So for the u2 gigs i imagine this seat would be a E102 priced ticket and the E33.50 tickets will be next to that. Its a really compacted arena

here is a picture of mine at a recent fleetwood mac concert in the 3arena. seated ticket prices were E130, E75 and E55. I was sitting in Block P Row 45 Seat 249 which was a E75 ticket and had a perfect view and the sound was perfect from there. The E55 tickets were to the right of me.

So for the u2 gigs i imagine this seat would be a E102 priced ticket and the E33.50 tickets will be next to that. Its a really compacted arena

Thanks for the pic!!!  Gonna be great for Dublin 3!!!!!!!

the sound in the 3 arena is ALWAYS terrible, I shudder when I band I like is playing there- it is our worst venue by far

massive pro though is it is small, so no matter if you are standing or seating you will b close to the stage, especially with the layout re-jig.

some areas aren't going to have great view of the screen-walkway but its been like that in every venue so far this tour but I haven't been disappointed yet

a lot of my questions answered the ga seemed very shallow. seems like everyone will have a good view of both stages. just try to avoid the sides i guess. hopefully the weather is nice fora  g/a lineup

Hi Paul, looks like a good crowd for the FMac gig.  We fortunately managed to get tickets for night 1 but in block H, almost directly opposite the arena to your FMac seats but in row 41 and bit closer to the corner.  These were E191 each so I'm guessing the E33.50 tickets must be the restricted view seats in sections D & L. Anyway, for those of us lucky enough to get tickets we should be so grateful to just be in the building.  We were in Turin last weekend (night 2) and I can honestly say being a follower from the propaganda days I've never been to such an emotionally charged U2 gig in my life.  Yes as fans we have to put up with a lot of grief along the well trodden U2 road whether it be the years of waiting between albums and tours, ticket sales, Bono's occasional antics or the routine U2 bashing from the media etc. However when all is said and done, for me, it's the music that counts and the shows they give us. We came across to Croker for 360 which was good but I suspect this will be off the scale.  Glasgow 2 to look forward to first though - similar venue so we'll see how it works there. 

Sign in to follow this