Sign in to follow this  
sugrue

Has Ticketmaster debited your account for Dublin tickets?

I booked tickets through presale on Thursday morning. I had the presale code which I hadn't used for any other presale!

Got my confirmation email from Ticketmaster when I booked. Checked my online banking and could see the debit amount to be taken by Ticketmaster so the account balance was showing that amount was pending debit for the account.

Checked my online bank last night and it seems the amount has gone back into my account. No sign of any transaction either debit or credit.

Rang the bank just there and they confirm that no money has been taken- and suggest I check with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster not open on Sunday so can't check so a bit concerned. Been googling and see it can happen but with the disaster and conflicting info from Ticketmaster over U2 shows- I have a bad feeling!

I have my confirmation email from ticketmaster and the tickets still show in my Ticketmaster account so hope the tickets are still there for me. 

Anyone in the same boat? Cheers!

Same here. Nothing showing on my credit card yet. Maybe they won't charge any cards until all the sales are complete. If they don't charge the card within a couple of days the pending charge disappears. It should reappear when they charge the card.

Same here. Nothing showing on my credit card yet. Maybe they won't charge any cards until all the sales are complete. If they don't charge the card within a couple of days the pending charge disappears. It should reappear when they charge the card.

Thanks Stephenpooley! Feel a little better reading that... I checked my bank account after the booking- and it showed on it and then disappeared and I couldn't figure out how my account total went up! Then the panic alarm sounded. Getting too old for this- didn't sleep right last night after it. Thanks! Enjoy your show!

Yeah. I keep checking my bank account, my ticketmaster account and this forum. Got a fright when the ticketmaster mobile site said 0 tickets and 0 charge. Desktop site says all is OK though. Never been as nervous about U2 tickets before.

Yeah. I keep checking my bank account, my ticketmaster account and this forum. Got a fright when the ticketmaster mobile site said 0 tickets and 0 charge. Desktop site says all is OK though. Never been as nervous about U2 tickets before.

I have to show my Wife your reply- she doesn't understand :rolleyes: .... "nails bitten down to the quick" by me over this one myself..... I got up during the night to send a message to Ticketmaster about it cos I was somewhere between disappointed and angry but wasn't sure- "...lost between the midnight and the dawning..."...... I seem to have the same ritual as you now. I'm a crap typist but think I can actually type my ticketmaster password with my eyes closed now :D ... Thanks again

ironically I had to edit this as I spelt between wrongly! and again!!!

Edited by sugrue

What show did you get tickets for? I got standing for the Saturday.

oh man thats great! I never prepare for anything but Wednesday night I had everything set up with the ticketmaster account/deleted all the cookies etc.I had the code all ready for cut and paste for the scramble- so I had my shoes polished for the big day for the 1st time ever kind of way- Then 10am Thursday -I had tickets for Saturday in the 'virtual' basket and then pops up VERIFY BY VISA password confirmation- I have a dog and cat- couldn't think which one of them was my password so I'd to ring the bank- transaction timed out and back in the queue. Settled for Friday night seated front row 21 costing a pretty penny with good view I think if the tickets come!

The old saying 'best laid plans' comes to mind and the two pets have taken a bit of verbal abuse for not stepping up Thursday too I can tell you! Then when I looked at Bank account last night- panic panic panic!!

Edited by sugrue

Same has happened to be (after I had to fight tooth & nail to get my presale code re-instated - after u2.com said that I wasn't even a member....).  Money did go out on Thursday after pre-sale yet on checking bank account balance this morning - I had more money than anticipated.  Then I logged into this forum & saw the original message about bank acc's not being debited.  What are Ticketmaster at!!!!!  This is worrying!!!!! I have however checked my Ticketmaster acc.  - my 2 tickets are still there.

Edited by emergencyU2

No need to worry I think. It seems to be the same for everyone. Although if anything is going to go wrong I'd hope to find out tomorrow so I could try the general sale. I'd imagine if everything is legitimate and the ticket limits have been adhered to then there is nothing to worry about.

I guess it's on the phone at 8:30am so to Ticketmaster it is- just to double double check!

Stephenpooley your optimism is the only thing thats keeping me calm at the moment! I saw seats on the seatwave part of the Ticketmaster site on Thursday around the same block I've booked at 1,499 quid per ticket and can't help thinking that they'd throw my tickets into that. I know thats not how it works but the confusion and not knowing is making me nervous!

So why debit our bank - then only to seemingly cancel the transaction? I'd rather they take the money now & stop their messing!! 

So why debit our bank - then only to seemingly cancel the transaction? I'd rather they take the money now & stop their messing!! 

I couldn't agree more- cos now I don't know if I have to hope that it will be ok or try for tickets in the morning- and I definitly can't chance my debit card! 

Yeah. It's worrying that those kind of prices are being asked. Surely nobody is paying that kind of money?

My girlfriend said the colour drained from my face when I saw the ticketmaster mobile site saying 0 tickets in my order.

I probably won't be secure about my tickets until I'm inside the arena. There's something a little unnerving about these paperless tickets. I have an awful fear that I'll swipe my credit card on the night and be told I don't have tickets. Haha.

Yeah. It's worrying that those kind of prices are being asked. Surely nobody is paying that kind of money?

My girlfriend said the colour drained from my face when I saw the ticketmaster mobile site saying 0 tickets in my order.

I probably won't be secure about my tickets until I'm inside the arena. There's something a little unnerving about these paperless tickets. I have an awful fear that I'll swipe my credit card on the night and be told I don't have tickets. Haha.

Ha ha.... there might be shouts of 'crazy man' on the roof on the Friday night too yet. If only someone in Ticketmaster might have forgot something when they finished work yesterday and pops in to see a message waiting on their computer I'd be flying!!!!!  

I wonder is this a ploy to stop us seeking more tickets for additional shows in the General Sale tomorrow? I've never even heard of this happening before - particularly now that we live in such a commercially sensitive world ie - if someone buys something off you, you grab the money quick!!

I wonder that too. There seems to be no clarity about ticket limits per card, per household or per purchaser. People getting different answers from ticketmaster. Maybe a tactic to stop people from trying on Monday. Less people trying means less stress on the ticketmaster system.

I've had other transactions sit pending on my account for a while and then disappear only to reappear a few days later.Hopefully this is the case. They can't go around cancelling ticket orders for no reason. Although a message from Ticketmaster saying "your tickets are safe, chill out" would be reassuring.

I wonder is this a ploy to stop us seeking more tickets for additional shows in the General Sale tomorrow? I've never even heard of this happening before - particularly now that we live in such a commercially sensitive world ie - if someone buys something off you, you grab the money quick!!

I wonder that too. There seems to be no clarity about ticket limits per card, per household or per purchaser. People getting different answers from ticketmaster. Maybe a tactic to stop people from trying on Monday. Less people trying means less stress on the ticketmaster system.

I've had other transactions sit pending on my account for a while and then disappear only to reappear a few days later.Hopefully this is the case. They can't go around cancelling ticket orders for no reason. Although a message from Ticketmaster saying "your tickets are safe, chill out" would be reassuring.

A ploy to make me try again is what I think!! When I rang BOI365 this morning I asked the man could he see if there had been a check on the account even by Ticketmaster as it definitly showed up on my account on the day I thought I was buying and he said 'NO nothing showing' and could not give an explanation (not his fault) for it either except to check with Ticketmaster!

A ploy to make me try again is what I think!! When I rang BOI365 this morning I asked the man could he see if there had been a check on the account even by Ticketmaster as it definitly showed up on my account on the day I thought I was buying and he said 'NO nothing showing' and could not give an explanation (not his fault) for it either except to check with Ticketmaster!

The banks will play dumb in this & they probably don't want to get involved - Ticketmaster were able to access our acc's (I too use BOI365) and then without notification credit back the amount to us.  For the bank not to acknowledge this is a lie, I feel.  The bank can see everything that goes on/has gone on in your account.  I'd say they have a 'commercial agreement' with big companies (such as ticketmaster) to kind of let them do their own thing - once you yourself have authorised a payment to a supplier.  Just my thoughts...

My credit card is with BOI too. Nothing showing on it but it normally takes a few days. And never updates over the weekend.

Stephen - have you checked your Ticketmaster Account - are your tickets still there.  Mine are for the Friday night show..

How your order is processed

The life of your ticket follows the same path, regardless if you buy it online at ticketmaster.ie or over the phone.

1. You buy a ticket (select method of payment and delivery preference).
2. We confirm payment with your bank (fraud protection and ticket limit check)
3. We confirm payment with your bank (fraud protection and ticket limit check)
4. You receive your tickets via post or pick them up at the box office
5. Enjoy the show.

Billing

When purchasing tickets online or through our Call Centre, a request for card authorisation is made to your card company or bank. If for any reason your card is not authorised, you will be informed immediately by a message on the website, the transaction will be terminated, and the tickets will be returned to the pool. We are unable to give customers any further indication as to why the card has not been authorised and suggest that customers contact their individual branch or credit/debit card company for more information. Ticketmaster only posts tickets to the billing address of a card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your card company, your tickets may be cancelled. Should you have any questions about an item attributed to Ticketmaster on your card statement, please contact our Customer Services Department immediately on the appropriate number listed below:

0818 903 001 (Republic of Ireland)

I've lost count how many times I've read the above from the Ticketmaster website- thats why I was asking the guy at Bank if he could see if there was a check by a Ticketmaster... The cynic in me agrees with you emergencyU2......No. 5 in the list looks so far away.... stephenpooley I wish I had your positivity!! I'm so tempted to book Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf on their website right to see what happens... will have to stay in Dublin a couple of days longer (if I get U2 tickets) to flog the ticket & make a fortune!

Will you guys push for more tickets on Monday - this 'ticket limit check' kind of tells me that if you have previously secured presale tickets they will not allow more sales on your card.

Sign in to follow this