Sign in to follow this  
mysoulis

Dublin and Belfast: where are people staying, any plans for a gathering?

Hey all - Can't wait till 2AM this morning when tickets go on sale! For those travelling to Belfast and Dublin, just wondering where people are staying  - I'm finding it a bit difficult to wade through all the vast jumps in prices for a decent hotel or hostel in both cities - and I used to live near Dublin and visited  both places frequently so I am somewhat familiar with the areas! 

Also wondering if anyone is planning a U2 fan get-together around the shows? or plans to explore the neighbourhoods?  Do we have any tour guides here?  Maybe someone can lead us in a tour of u2 sites in the city!

I need more crazy U2 fans in my life!  It would be great to meet new people!

Cheers!  

Folks, any hotel in Belfast City centre is within walking distance to SSE. Or a cheap taxi ride if slightly out of town.

If anyone is interested I will put together a "local guide" of the best places to visit, eat drink.

I

A local guide of best places etc would be fantastic!  I've been to Belfast a number of times, but am only familiar-ish with city centre, and really just the mainstream stuff. Local advice is much appreciated and adds the best depth to out-of-towners' experiences!  Thanks!

What's about drinking some beers after concert? As far as I know they have strict closing hours in Ireland and pubs close already around 23h-00h, so looks like it will be difficult to find a place to enjoy some drinks after the gig?

What's about drinking some beers after concert? As far as I know they have strict closing hours in Ireland and pubs close already around 23h-00h, so looks like it will be difficult to find a place to enjoy some drinks after the gig?

What about the Temple Bar, does that close at 11?

That might be in Northern Ireland but certainly not in Dublin. 

Folks, any hotel in Belfast City centre is within walking distance to SSE. Or a cheap taxi ride if slightly out of town.

If anyone is interested I will put together a "local guide" of the best places to visit, eat drink.

I

I definitely need to see where to stay.. I was in Belfast in the early 90's and no idea where to stay.. Also wondering how late the trains run back to Dublin as I thought about staying the 18th then leaving the 19th after the show

If you go to translink.co.uk you can download the timetables for the train it's the enterprise service

Aircoach runs a bus service Dublin/Belfast and Belfast/ Dublin. The buses run during the day and the company operates a night time service as well.

I am based in Dublin and try to return on the same night, whenever I attend a concert in Dublin

By a series of miracles [really] I'll be there for all four shows. I don't drink so Im more than happy to be a designated [walker?] LOLOL Representing the Canadian Mirrorball Mafia via San Francisco

By a series of miracles [really] I'll be there for all four shows. I don't drink so Im more than happy to be a designated [walker?] LOLOL Representing the Canadian Mirrorball Mafia via San Francisco

I will be in Dublin too! I recognized your name from my Periscope broadcast the night of MSG 4. Have a great trip!!! (JoyceSmith on Periscope)

Any news on meet ups for Belfast? Drinks on non-concert days (as I imagine most people will be in line early on the days of :D )? or any touristy things?  I'm thinking of doing the hop on hop off tour, or at least the Titanic museum if anyone wants to join? I'm there from the 16th to the 20, seeing the show on the 18th (seats), so any day works for me.

I'll be there too. I'm from Vacaville, CA. I've been in Europe sense July. Ending my trip with the show. Can-not-wait. We should get some sort of meet up going.

Hi all,

Would be keen to meet fellow U2 fans next week around the dates. I am a local, so can also help with ideas of places and things to see :)

I plan on being at in Dublin at The Church on 11/26 and after the show on 11/27. I'll be wearing a hat, so look for me!

Sign in to follow this