Sign in to follow this  
u2search

Help! I got student tickets accidentally

BEGOU2- if you still looking for Ticketmaster contact online go to http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_ql_3

Type something like - CATS into the space for question CLICK on ASK

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see (I hope):  If you couldn't find an answer, you can also  CONTACT US

Thanks, I just sent an e mail to TM. Hopefully I will get a replay.

Thanks again.

Repeat: To find the contact form, search for 'student ticket' in the FAQ. The 'Contact' button appears on the tab on the right. 

I just got a reply!

Hi,

A few other customers are in the same boat. We have contacted the venue and they have said they will let you into the venue on the night but you will have to enter via the box office entrance,

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Cassie,

Is that a reply from TM? Did you fill in the form, or contact them via another way? 

I haven't heard from them yet. 

Thanks,

Astrid

Good news!!  I called Ticketmaster help line and got a very nice young woman who refunded my Student GA ticket!

She said they've had problems with the Student tix being purchased in error and are sorting it out.

Give them a call!  (it took 9 calls, but I did get through eventually).

Hi Lzybeth, so you took the refund over the ticket ? 

I got also an email reply from ticketmaster , and is a copy paste from the same reply to Cassie , so I think we are in the clear 

I had the same problem today as well and ended up with students tickets by mistake- glad to see there's a few of us the same situation

close to signing up to a course today just in case!!!

Hi Lzybeth, so you took the refund over the ticket ? 

I got also an email reply from ticketmaster , and is a copy paste from the same reply to Cassie , so I think we are in the clear 

The student ticket was an extra, so I thought I'd be stuck with it.  I still have 2 GA's  :D

I still don't have a reply. I'll try to phone them tomorrow. How did you guys-with-replies contact them? I used the contact form and then the 'exchange'. option

I still don't have a reply. I'll try to phone them tomorrow. How did you guys-with-replies contact them? I used the contact form and then the 'exchange'. option

the same but is really a generic awnser , no reply by twitter but I will print the reply from ticketmaster and take it with me to dublin

I'm just wondering what the queuing process will look like if we have to use a different entrance than the standard GAers....

some good advice and resolutions posted here... tip to anyone else posting below is to read through the topic from the beginning, and save / print out any replies you are given, and take them with you to the show (belt & braces approach)

I've just spoken to ticketmaster, and they say everything is fine and sorted. Just bring the credit card on the night.

I've just spoken to ticketmaster, and they say everything is fine and sorted. Just bring the credit card on the night.

So no separate entrance?

I've just received an email from TM. 

"We have a dedicated line set up to deal with U2 student queries.
Please call us on (number) and one of our team will be happy to assist."

I won't post the number, they'll probably send it to everyone who contacted them by email. 

Good luck to you all!!!

Astrid

So no separate entrance?

He didn't say anything about separate entrance. I gave my order number and he told me everything was fine an sorted. Maybe the swap the tickets, for Normal GA,? Somebody post that in Twitter.

Hello:-)  We've made the same mistake, it went completely wrong. I am sure i didn't order student tickets!.... what to do now? I can't find an e-mail adress? Please any help would be so nice, this is terrible, so sad!

I've just received an email from TM. 

"We have a dedicated line set up to deal with U2 student queries.

Please call us on (number) and one of our team will be happy to assist."

I won't post the number, they'll probably send it to everyone who contacted them by email. 

Good luck to you all!!!

Astrid

Hello Astrid, are you also Dutch?

We have the same problem, can you help please? I've tried to fill in the contact form but ther is no send button...:-( so i can't ask my question. Please let us now how to make contact with ticketmaster by mail: mod edit : no emails please use PM system Thanks!

Go to www.ticketmaster.ie

Select Customer Service (next to shopping cart) and you should see something like this below

ticketmaster%20a.png

NEXT SCREEN

ticket%20b.png

WHICH SHOULD LEAD YOU TO THIS

ticketmaster2.png

Edited by sugrue

Go to www.ticketmaster.ie

Select Customer Service (next to shopping cart) and you should see something like this below

ticketmaster%20a.png

NEXT SCREEN

ticket%20b.png

WHICH SHOULD LEAD YOU TO THIS

ticketmaster2.png

Thank you so much! Just send a message to TM....I hope it is gonna be fine!

Iv've just spoken to 2 persons from TM Ireland: you can have access to the concert with student tickets. I called twice just so be sure about the answer....With your creditcard and ID it will be fine they said. i am so happy!
I've asked if they can confirm by e-mail but that's not possible. They ensured me that everything is all right.

Ticketmaster e-mail:

Hi Anders,

Yes, you will be allowed entry into the venue on the night without a student card, the venue are aware of the issue so you will be looked after on the night of the show,

Regards,

gavin

Im now confident that I will get in, so Im purchasing plane tickets. Trying to avoid student ones, just to avoid confusion:) 

Edited by andersk

I spoke to ticketmaster, they will change your ticket from student to standard over the phone. Person I spoke very helpful and said it wasnt a problem.

Sign in to follow this