Sign in to follow this  
Shegerz

Dublin people please need some info

Wondering what is the best place to stay for a week in Dublin to see the U2 concerts.

I can rent an apt in Rialto Dublin 8 or Prtobello area. Or a nice hotel in Sandymount.

Or Temple Bar area is a must also for sleeping over?

What will be the best option considering that November is freezing cold for a Brazilian like me and we want to get the best experience of Dublin and not only touristic spots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks folks!

Hi,   Portobello is cool, your only a short walk from city centre!!! Stay away from bar...over priced ...lots of other cool bars in around south William street {just off Grafton St} Sandmount would be nice too... pretty close to the three arena!!!  Air b n b is your best option for booking!!

The best option is the Gibson hotel, but that's already full. Temple bar a no go for sleep. Basically eveything clse to a luas or dart station is good. Malahide is nice, b&b in a residential area.

If you book the hotel to sleep, then don't choose temple bar

Dunno if they still have rooms but Beresford Hotel is a good one and well located both to city centre, 3arena and 747 (from/to airport)

Jurys Inn @ IFSC/custom house is also a very good one

Then The Spencer, the marker or the maldron in HQ area

Dun Laoghaire as well is really nice if you are willing to drive or no bother about taking taxi if out of bus/dart service

Airbnb surely is a good option

Edited by monica martino

The only thing to do is reading TripAdvisor and use your sixth sense :P

Comments can vary a lot according to the nationality of the author

The only thing to do is reading TripAdvisor and use your sixth sense :P

Comments can vary a lot according to the nationality of the author

Looks good on Trip Advisor. Thanks

What about Isaacs on Frenchman Lane. It is closer to 3Arena

I worked near this hostel. I know nothing about the facilities on offer but it looks nice and the customers always seem to be in good spirits.

Thank you so much everybody for the great and usefull information, we have made our minds!

See you in November! :wub:

Thanks for the thread everyone I still need to book a place as I thought I had a place but now with my friend possibly not going things may have changed

Sign in to follow this