Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Antwerp Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised by Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • The Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where the Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name of Love)
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised by Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel Of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

Please share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

Thanks!!!

Two shows of the band in my hometown. So close we walked to the venue! But I nearly missed the second show due to a technical failure when using the presale code at the end of last year. Only last  Friday Sportpaleis sold extra tickets and informed me, thanks to the waiting list. What a relief.

Both shows in a packed house. Very good (and thus expensive) seats with the band playing the second night at a distance of no more than 30 meters. Close to the video wall with the impressive images of refugees and destroyed buildings.  

I had the impression Bono talked less between songs than before. And he only spoke in English. Before he used to say some words in Dutch and French, but the latter is always tricky in the area of the country where I live. When he asked the girls on stage where they came from they answered Brussels (mainly a French speaking city, the first night) and Luik/Liege (French speaking, the second), what led to whistles twice.  

The set list was very good and balanced in my opinion. Bullet The Blue Sky was one of the many highlights. Bono playing The Sweetest Thing on piano with two fingers (“I am a wounded man”) the first night and singing a snippet of Love Me Do from The Beatles the second (immediately followed by a large part of the arena) were little surprises.

What struck me was how loud they played, especially the first night. The first four songs the second night (The Miracle, Out of Control, Vertigo, I Will Follow) the crowd got crazy. Bono: “Let’s do this every Wednesday”. The guy who played on stage with the band could keep the guitar he played on. Edge gave it to him. The first show the public was more tame. Three or four Irish flags from the public the first night remembered Belgium was one of the first countries where the band got success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6xFt8yn-w

Edited by Malahide

Antwerp 1 was a terrific way of celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary

Awesome Jojes! Thanks for the review Malahide, you were a great crowd!

Awesome Jojes! Thanks for the review Malahide, you were a great crowd!

Although not quite the same as being there, it was great to follow the livestream yesterday!

I deliberately didn't tune in before or didn't watch a lot of footage of previous shows ... wanted to be surprised when it was finally our turn in Antwerp ...

@Malahide - right about the language thing here in Belgium ... And then nlt to forget we officially even have 3 languages, although the German speaking part is small.

We live in Tongeren, so close to about every language :-)

I'll never forget the first night show. It was my first U2 gig and I m only coming back on earth after 2 days. I was dancing, singing and clapping all the show. Sorry for people behind me, but how is it possible to stay sitted at a U2 show? I loved all the playlist, I appreciated the Sweetest thing & cedarwood road, became creazy on Elevation and was really touched by Iris. It was incredible when all the crowd was singing together "in the name of love...". I even don't talk about the fantastic guitare playing of the Edge. Sure, I'm U2 addict now!

• Like 1

I'll never forget the first night show. It was my first U2 gig and I m only coming back on earth after 2 days. I was dancing, singing and clapping all the show. Sorry for people behind me, but how is it possible to stay sitted at a U2 show? I loved all the playlist, I appreciated the Sweetest thing & cedarwood road, became creazy on Elevation and was really touched by Iris. It was incredible when all the crowd was singing together "in the name of love...". I even don't talk about the fantastic guitare playing of the Edge. Sure, I'm U2 addict now!

So it looks like it won't be your last show?

Sign in to follow this